Anyone disappointed?

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Good question - a part of me thought about City losing for the greater good, short term pain and all that.

Certainly with regards the Arsenal game, thought a defeat to a bunch of kids would have seen him out.

I think you missed the point somewhat. I could NEVER go into a match thinking about anything but a win, and I suspect 99% of City fans would feel the same. My question is, in hindsight, are there any supporters who are disappointed that Hughes has enhanced his reputation this week...

You can do all kinds of verbal and linguistic gymnastics with this post but the two go hand in hand. How could Hughes damage his reputation by beating Arsenal and Chelsea. I am afraid that the only way his reputation would diminish would be for a double fiasco in those two matches. We didn't get one. If you want his reputation trashed, you can't have it but by City suffering a reverse. I think there are some fans who clearly want their cake and their ha'penny, too.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluetoo said:
So our expectations have risen higher than that of the owners...Hughes agenda was to finish top 6 this season. It says something about the progress we've made that we expect more of the manager than his remit. It also suggests the notion that Hughes (and the team of course) has us thinking that more is possible...wouldnt that be an indication of the team exceeding expectations and ...shock horror....actually giving us the chance to dream?

Im sure you've all heard the George best story when he was in a hotel with Miss World in bed and having champagne delivered to the door when the porter asked him where it had all gone wrong? I have a feeling that after this season is over and we finally have some silverware after all these years, there will be City fans asking the exact same question to MH.

There's no way that top 6 is the target for Hughes.

That was mentioned once as a method of managing expectations.

Everyone at our club is aiming for top 4 - that's why the players are here and they keep repeating it in the media.

Top 4 is the target. You're deluded if you think 6th will be good enough.

Our target was top 6, however then ADUG decided they were going to spend big and cram 18 months purchases into one transfer window. After they did that the expectations for the 2009/10 season were re-evaluated. Top 4 is the aim this season, and it's realistic.

Question for the op.... was it worth all the plastic surgery, and don't you think macca was prob spinnin in his grave at the release of the frog song...? ;-)

Matty said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Everyone at our club is aiming for top 4 - that's why the players are here and they keep repeating it in the media.

Our target was top 6, however then ADUG decided they were going to spend big and cram 18 months purchases into one transfer window. After they did that the expectations for the 2009/10 season were re-evaluated. Top 4 is the aim this season, and it's realistic.

Correct! If he doesn't achieve it, he'll be gone! But by the same token, if he does, he stays, whether or not Mr Mourinho & his agent come knocking on the door! I don't agree with the suggestion made earlier that only the title itself could save Hughes from the chop, should Jose come calling!

Its pretty apparent that owners, management, players and (most) fans alike realise what the aim is this season. So lets try to enjoy this season shall we, rather than dissecting where we now stand on a match by match basis. Its pretty pointless & only really leads to us lot getting heated with each other, oer an issue that will be resolved one way or the other, sooner rather than later!

Matty said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I don't think the targets were re-assessed.

I would be happy with top 6, and a steady progression the season after.

kinky's boots said:
Question for the op.... was it worth all the plastic surgery, and don't you think macca was prob spinnin in his grave at the release of the frog song...? ;-)

LOL!

Clubber said:
Matty said:

I don't think the targets were re-assessed.

I would be happy with top 6, and a steady progression the season after.

Cook has said virtually as much in several interviews, top 6 is no longer the aim.

I just had to take a few deep breaths and stop my eyes twitching after reading this. Surely the mods must have the power to remove such drivel? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT (O/P).

Unbelievable.

I don't believe anyone within the club would be happy with 5th or 6th.

Quite right with the squad we have.

Pigeonho said:
I just had to take a few deep breaths and stop my eyes twitching after reading this. Surely the mods must have the power to remove such drivel? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT (O/P).

Unbelievable.

lol - not a fan of the O/P then Pige?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.