are norwich taking the ****?

Re: are norwich taking the piss?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
so you value train tickets higher than City and football fans in general continually getting ripped off?

personally I'd take the hit for one game if it meant a formal protest that would hopefully kick start other sets of fans doing the same.

That's just my opinion though, you'd be saving yourself £60 odd quid anyway so use that to cover the train loss.
I'm not sure of your angle but each to their own

I'd be happy to support a boycott as these prices are getting ridiculous, but not one organised a few weeks before a game as some people arrange travel early
I wouldn't be 'saving' £60 as I'm paying that to watch a game, the travel is incidental to getting there
On this occasion I've saved a considerable amount on the train fare, but instead of me feeling the benefit Arsenal will do instead

Plus it's an opportunity to visit my son as he's in London at the mo

So everyone has a different reason. If someone said lets boycott the arse next year then fans would know well in advance not to arrange travel.

let's do it then.

see my post above ...... A boycott will have no affect on Arsenal ticket price policy ..... the tourist element will buy them all.

I see they are charging £50 for a disabled adult with a free assistant.

Chelsea was FREE plus a free assistant.

Norwich City are completely taking the piss.

nicholasjackson said:
champions or not, we need to boycott this

i remember when wigan went and put prices up from £25 to £35, instead of 5,200 fans going 1,400 went (inc me, new ground and all that), year after £5 and only £28 6 years later for wednesdays game.

Exactly, personally I think any club who charges over £35 should be boycotted, but I guess people wouldn't do a mass protest at that mark as there's too many "i'm alright Jack" with a bit of money in their pocket people who would take advantage instead of supporting the cause, so I guess it would be down to boycotting £50+.

As that Delia still got anything to do with Norwich as I'm gonna go all twitter on her.

nicholasjackson said:

i remember when wigan went and put prices up from £25 to £35, instead of 5,200 fans going 1,400 went (inc me, new ground and all that), year after £5 and only £28 6 years later for wednesdays game.

Bit different - Arsenal v The Champions = big tourist attraction down south.

Wigan v City - only City fans are interested in going to this game.

We need to protest - but a boycott by "true" City fans will only be letting the "daytrippers" sell it out instead.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:
Chillidog77 said:
Know what you mean. Dreading the Arsenal away price.
Me too
Train tickets already booked so can't pull out now

so you value train tickets higher than City and football fans in general continually getting ripped off?

personally I'd take the hit for one game if it meant a formal protest that would hopefully kick start other sets of fans doing the same.

That's just my opinion though, you'd be saving yourself £60 odd quid anyway so use that to cover the train loss.

Not at all however it does though come into the equation of what the whole day will cost. Dortmund away is costing me less with a nights digs (I booked early) than what Norwich will do. Games like this also is a great way at how the club could award loyalty points. Distance / Time of game / Day of the week / On TV....But that is for another well abused debate

the prices are a huge problem but there is simply no solution, except fifa removing these shitty FFPR rules that will up doing so much damage to the game.

could the blue alliance organise some banners like making a giant £50 note (one of the banners that is passed overhead before games). a protest would be futile as we are only there once a year max, and a boycott won't work as there will always be people to fill the seats.

a more realistic boycott would be for people to not buy from the bars in the concourse. if this caught on, and no fans in the country ever bought from inside a ground (meaning thousands of staff doing fuck all) then this would have a slight impact. but even this will never happen.

basically, prices will continue to rise and nothing can be done

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
nicholasjackson said:

Bit different - Arsenal v The Champions = big tourist attraction down south.

Wigan v City - only City fans are interested in going to this game.

We need to protest - but a boycott by "true" City fans will only be letting the "daytrippers" sell it out instead.

In that case why dont the SC all send a joint letter to MCFC stating that they don`t want any tickets and the club could tell Norwich to fuck off good and proper as they also wont be selling any.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.