Are we clearly suffering from a lack of striker this season? Have midtable sides figured us out?

There's also more to come from Grealish. Grealish had a much better game at Southampton I thought playing slightly inside. It's not only Grealish that needs time to adapt, the team does to him too, and Pep needs to work out what system suits him best. I thought that was Grealish's best game in a City shirt. Let's replicate this in our next games. A fit KDB aligned to a confident Grealish will add to our goalscoring power.

I think we need the option of a striker.

So we've got to be careful who we bring in, as if they're going to get any significant game time they also need to be able to adapt aspects of their game to how we play.
This is why Harry Kane was our pick in the summer, he is very good at holding the ball and picking passes. He works hard. These are things our false nines do too but on top of that Kane is a top finisher with feet or head, close in or from distance. This would be a real plus with no minuses in my view.

It’s probably too late to get him now though - we don’t want to end up like Liverpool with 30+ year old forwards on massive deals.

We never replaced Dzeko as a target man because in general Pep's tactics do not make this a neccesity , but when we are struggling to break teams down maybe a Plan B and a big bustling striker like Haaland or Kane would be an alterantive.A pity DeLap has been injured all season he could have come off the bench and provided something different , but if we sign a big money striker in the summer i am afraid DeLap might of missed his chance and could end up going on loan.

This appears to be the thread for people who don't know anything about football to discuss football.
Right o time for me to make a point then.
There’s nothing wrong with playing six midfielders. Look at the the table for evidence.
For me the issue is who they are. Gundogan, Jesus, Foden, Silva, Mahrez and even Palmer are all a threat. Grealish has been a disappointment so far. Becoming predictable, risk averse and a poor finisher to date. More to come next season hopefully.
Sterling for me is an enigma. Exciting and frustrating in equal amounts. One thing is for sure is he chokes in front of goal. Saturday being the perfect example. He’s great at tap ins from two yards out when no one is within five yards.
I would also add he changes the way we play. Not as many quick short passes, more likely to lose the ball leaving us overcommitted and exposed. Best left on the bench till last 20 mins imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.