Are we clearly suffering from a lack of striker this season? Have midtable sides figured us out?

What are you suggesting exactly? And all the other guys who are not completely happy with our situation?

A striker like Kane that stays fw for the striker opportunities and changes the whole way we play?
Or a striker that does what Jesus/Sterling/Foden does, the exact same role.

I just dont understand what all the fuss is about except having a big name person , which I do understand tbh to a degree
They and he in the main do not suggest anything or anyone

Simply throw out we must do something, buy someone blah blah

Another way of looking at it, would we have fared better with a striker than we have? I believe that to be a yes. A clinical world class striker has the potential to make the difference in tight matches.

Several times we've put excellent balls into the box, with no one there to capitalise. A younger, faster version of Kane would be great for us. Someone who can play as an 8 when we're defending, & play as an 8 & 9 when we're attacking.

What are you suggesting exactly? And all the other guys who are not completely happy with our situation?

A striker like Kane that stays fw for the striker opportunities and changes the whole way we play?
Or a striker that does what Jesus/Sterling/Foden does, the exact same role.

I just dont understand what all the fuss is about except having a big name person , which I do understand tbh to a degree
Of course I am not advocating we buy e.g. a Lukaku. It needs to be someone who can fit into our system, but also someone who has a natural goal-scorer's instinct, someone who can reliably put away golden chances and often put away half-chances. None of our front N fit that description. But I accept finding such a player is not easy.

Maybe we have been figured out by the midtable teams, and there's a really good reason they've collectively decided to only use that information once or twice a season and get battered in the other 20 games.

Maybe we have been figured out by the midtable teams, and there's a really good reason they've collectively decided to only use that information once or twice a season and get battered in the other 20 games.

They're playing the long game. Makes sense.

ok so there are times a ball is fired accross the box and we dont have a striker.

but there are many times when if we had a striker we wouldnt be firing those balls accross, we wouldnt be creating, we wouldnt dictate.

I do think the season tally would be any different, we are unique under pep in the way that we play, i think any other team in the prem would struggle.

the problem is the right striker at the right price. We know the standard of player they want but a half decent striker demands 80m plus, then the agent and club director ask for 120m. The market is a joke, so i would rather see us continue as we are until the right time and player comes up. I am glad we didnt go for lukaku.

haaland is beginning to turn in to a soap, its pissing me off before they start making offers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.