are we getting arrogant

bluebannana said:
what a killjoy of a thread, whats wrong with being arrogant, weve just beaten united by six goals, are on one of the most sucessful period in the clubs history and can watch some of the best football in the league, why not got arrogant ?

enjoy the moment

Sorry mate but i disagree. Arrogance in football is cringeworthy, let's not forget how it feels to be the "smaller" club listening to United, Arsenal, Liverpool and the like treat the lesser teams like shit... Fuck that, We're MCFC, we're a better breed than that.

We can enjoy the good times (however long they last) but always maintain that which in my opinion makes City fans thebest in the world... our dignity. The one thing above all else i have despised Uniteds fans down the years for is their disgracefull smug sense of entitlement... as if their club "deserve" to win every game by default and that their club should "automaticly" sign the best players.

We cannot allow this to happen to us, think on Blues, especialy the younger generation. maintain your dignity and sense of humor at all costs, It's who we are, It's your birthright as a Blue.

LoveCity said:
I think some are, should never take ANY game for granted or disrespect any team or suggest the title is won as its still so early in the season and Chelsea had a bigger lead than us this time last year I think.

No they didn't have a bigger lead......we beat them in the 5th game and they fell apart a little after that. We're already on game 9 no losses, a record point haul I think, can't remember anyone winning 10/10 in premiership (someone may correct me).

Actually I will detract from my last post slightly..

BE AS ARROGANT AS FUCK TO THE RAGS... Buck stops there...

BlakeTheBlue said:
bluebannana said:
what a killjoy of a thread, whats wrong with being arrogant, weve just beaten united by six goals, are on one of the most sucessful period in the clubs history and can watch some of the best football in the league, why not got arrogant ?

enjoy the moment

Sorry mate but i disagree. Arrogance in football is cringeworthy, let's not forget how it feels to be the "smaller" club listening to United, Arsenal, Liverpool and the like treat the lesser teams like shit... Fuck that, We're MCFC, we're a better breed than that.

We can enjoy the good times (however long they last) but always maintain that which in my opinion makes City fans thebest in the world... our dignity. The one thing above all else i have despised Uniteds fans down the years for is their disgracefull smug sense of entitlement... as if their club "deserve" to win every game by default and that their club should "automaticly" sign the best players.

We cannot allow this to happen to us, think on Blues, especialy the younger generation. maintain your dignity and sense of humor at all costs, It's who we are, It's your birthright as a Blue.

Again we are confusing arrogance with joy, shout sing and be proud, nothing wrong in that. It crosses the line when we start the "pfft 3 points in the bag at (insert team here)" type stuff.
Always respect your opposition and if you win be happy but dont gloat to much (unless its the rags), this i find helps us fans be respected across the land as decent knowlegable fans (even if its begrudged).

CTID

We must never forget where we have come from, and remember that it's possible we might end up back there (or worse) one day.

Our club is a great club, we've had a few ups and downs, but compared with some other clubs, we've been very lucky. Right now, we're really riding the crest of a wave, and long may it continue, but EVERYTHING comes to an end eventually. Be it 2 years or 20 years - we don't know.

We're enjoying it, and it's great - but we should always remember others clubs are just like City and they didn't win the pools (Everton, Spurs, Newcastle, Leeds etc etc).

And we should never lose our admiration for those fans braving it week in week out to watch Accrington Stanley in the pouring rain. Their club is every bit as important as ours, and their fans every bit a fan as we are.

We are very very lucky to be living this dream.

Earlier this year, I lost a friend to cancer (40). He watched City year in year out and never got to see us win the cup, and would be too young to really remember our last trophy with any decent clarity.

SOME fans will go a lifetime and never know the feeling.

Let's count our blessings and remain respectful of all other clubs (including our neighbours). It's classy, and above all, it's the right thing to do.

City just won a derby against a team which was and still is considered the best in the world. No the reactions are all completely normal. Derbies all over the world are about the upper hand whether it be in the workplace, family meals or when bantering with m8s who might be Utd fans.

If we beat Norwich 7-0 or something like that and went mental then i would say yeah we are getting arrogant. But the rags, please, anyone who has seen the rag cafe thread can see that some of them still think that it was solely the red card that won us the game. A lot still think that Chelsea will be above us in the table, that in my opinion is arrogance. But let them keep it up it was their undoing in the derby game last Sunday and it'll be their undoing in the future.

We should also remember that with success comes jealousy and/or misinterpretation. If you celebrate your success, you're accused of arrogance / boasting, if you don't say anything, you're accused of patronising and 'being nice' now you're winning.

So long as we lose with a good grace, and we applaud good football from WHEREVER we see it, we'll not go far wrong.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I know fans of other clubs that found our "shit ground, no fans" chant in Division 2 to be unbelievably arrogant.

Rightly so. It was / is.

Of course, it's usually meant as a bit of fun, but when you're a comparatively big club, it IS a big pointless to sing it. Sing it to your peers, or superiors, but not a lesser club.

47,000 from a MAJOR city in a nice stadium with a half decent team doesn't necessarily make us better then 2000 folks from a small town in a cold dilapidated stadium with no prospects of promotion, poor players.

I can't speak for anyone else but I still can't picture us winning the league so I'd say that's a no from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.