are we getting arrogant

98/99 we thrashed Notts County 7-1 in the League Cup. Played them in the league 10 days later and managed a 1-1 draw. We dont want arrogance from our players as they can slip up, so none from us either i hope. Was at a football training session with my nine year old this morning, on the Isle of Wight. A little lad ( about 7 ) was with his dad watching his brother playing, he was a Grimsby fan, and proud of it. Would have been dissapointed if my son in his City shirt said anything to mock his choice of team, considering who he could have supported. Saying that im fully enjoying our time at the top, and the rags, Arse, dippers and Chelski are fair game as far as im concerned. ;)

i think we are man city, we'll score when we want is a bit arrogant and worst of all it is not even ironic and humourous its just a blatant copy from their chantm imo

stimo said:
i think we are man city, we'll score when we want is a bit arrogant and worst of all it is not even ironic and humourous its just a blatant copy from their chantm imo

I don't think you really understand irony do you!

Of course it's ironic, it's a piss take of the Rags in the best City tradition of ironic chants

I was just reading a few posts stating that we were expecting to win the PL and that it was a foregone conclusion, that's why we should concentrate on the CL.

I'm not that person and although I'm the most optimistic of people I can't, and never will, see it as a done deal and still believe that anything can happen.

Is it arrogance that certain people spout or is it a misunderstanding of the laws of football, I don't know.

It's not arrogance, it's logic. Who is realistically going to challenge? We're getting stronger and nobody will be able to keep up. And we can outspend allcomers in the next transfer window, and the one after that and so on...

I don't think it's arrogent to say we'll win titles it's good that we're starting to believe in our club and that "typical City" saying is dying out...

However saying we'll walk it is being a bit arrogent, I personally think we'll win the league otherwise I wouldn't of had a £100 bet with a rag from work but as for walking it? I doubt that very much, it'll be close between us the rags and Chelski...

Ducado said:
stimo said:

I don't think you really understand irony do you!

Of course it's ironic, it's a piss take of the Rags in the best City tradition of ironic chants
but when the ''kids'' sing this is how it feels to be city, theres a fuckin 30 page thread on it. im surprised to see this go without a moaning arse bluemoon special

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.