Arsenal (h) Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by MCFC1993, 3 Feb 2019.

1. super_city_si

super_city_si

Today shows what an intelligent player Fernandinho is. Difficult to swap positions based on opponents position but he did it great.

2. Big Yaya Wilko 12

Big Yaya Wilko 12

Great result. First half was ropey but 2nd half was one of the most dominant displays you'll see.

Not his biggest fan at all but Gundogan was the best midfielder on the pitch.

Kev & David were both poor by their standards.

Sterling (though wasteful) and Bernardo are both very special players.

Hart of the Matter likes this.
  3. madloaf

madloaf

We were fine in the first half. This was also a game where the Gundogan complainers slink back into their holes.

4. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

They can't do much if they never have the ball, to be fair.

5. urban genie

urban genie

Great win, their keeper kept it at 3, we did let them have a little patch of possesion first half, but cannot complain about anything today.
    And ha ha at the 20 tarquins trying to get over the stewards the knobheads.

6. WyongBlue

WyongBlue

Great result for us.........

7. purplenose

purplenose

Ha no Raheem shades it for me, thought he was brilliant, and I am usually bollocking him.

Armchair Supporter likes this.
  8. deegee33

deegee33

Only took a cursory glance at the matchday thread, just to find out who today's whipping boy would be. Apparently my own eyes didn't deceive me and there was none. Bernardo, Sergio both top notch and Walker deserves some props for breaking out of his funk.
    Onward versus Everton. C'mon CITY.

9. WallyA

WallyA

While we have utilised 3-2-4-1 most of the season, the way Pep did it this time is exactly the way I've been asking him to do it.

Previously, we would have our RB (Walker) or LB (Danilo, Delph, Zinchenko) come inside to support Dinho in midfield, but they were never the most comfortable ont he ball, most of our problems with Walker have been him coming in midfield and messing up.

This time Pep did away with that, no fullbacks, just play an ACTUAL midfielder next to Dinho in Gundogan. This way Walker can just stay wide and defend counter attacks. This set up is also easily adaptable, play Mendy LW/LWB instead of Sterling, he has to defend just not as much as normal, and you can replace David or Kevin for Gabby as well.

10. CTID1977

CTID1977

This. One of the best games in blue shirt for Ilkay