Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
nwhn3 said:
afc16 said:
mac said:
Fook me, the French mard arse wenger moaning about on loan players,getting his excuses in early.come on everton.

not really, he has a very valid point.

it is totally unfair for clubs to be able to buy player which they then loan to other clubs who then do damage to every team apart from their parent club.

surely you can see that by everton having lukaku, who lets say is playing very well and scores against us, but yet can't play against chelsea, is an unfair advantage?

wenger made it very clear that he has no problems with the loan system, but the loan players should be playing against their parent clubs.

Can't see how a player could be allowed to play against the club that owns them. The question of integrity would surely raise its head. What if the player had a stinker or gave away a penalty. It wouldn't be in their interest to score the winning goal and possibly deny their parent club the title or knock them out of a cup.

that is a very good argument as well, however in general play i dont think a player is going to do that as would be too obvious, and if it comes to a penalty then answer could be for that player not to take it?

honestly i don't know, there are arguments on each side but it definetly isn't fair that a good player cant play against chelsea but can play against everyone else giving them a clear advantage.

im sure i read somewhere that in a certain league loan players are only allowed to go to a different division or country, i suppose that would solve 2 problems, 1 being the issue of unfairness of not having to play against your parent club, and 2nd issue of clubs like chelsea buying players willy nilly just because they can, then loaning them out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfTANf9EDeY[/youtube]
Great compilation of Ozil's skills this season. Definitely been a big difference maker for Arsenal.

afc16 said:
nwhn3 said:
afc16 said:
not really, he has a very valid point.

it is totally unfair for clubs to be able to buy player which they then loan to other clubs who then do damage to every team apart from their parent club.

surely you can see that by everton having lukaku, who lets say is playing very well and scores against us, but yet can't play against chelsea, is an unfair advantage?

wenger made it very clear that he has no problems with the loan system, but the loan players should be playing against their parent clubs.

Can't see how a player could be allowed to play against the club that owns them. The question of integrity would surely raise its head. What if the player had a stinker or gave away a penalty. It wouldn't be in their interest to score the winning goal and possibly deny their parent club the title or knock them out of a cup.

that is a very good argument as well, however in general play i dont think a player is going to do that as would be too obvious, and if it comes to a penalty then answer could be for that player not to take it?

honestly i don't know, there are arguments on each side but it definetly isn't fair that a good player cant play against chelsea but can play against everyone else giving them a clear advantage.

im sure i read somewhere that in a certain league loan players are only allowed to go to a different division or country, i suppose that would solve 2 problems, 1 being the issue of unfairness of not having to play against your parent club, and 2nd issue of clubs like chelsea buying players willy nilly just because they can, then loaning them out.

If you're Champions material it won't make the blindest bit of difference.

Piegilles said:
Markt85 said:
I'd like to see Arsenal get it this year.

So would I :>)

Thanks for that. Everything went for us yesterday. Win and seven points clear which is huge lead . Draw at city and beat chelsea and we should pull well clear of the rest

gooner2 said:
Piegilles said:
Markt85 said:

Thanks for that. Everything went for us yesterday. Win and seven points clear which is huge lead . Draw at city and beat chelsea and we should pull well clear of the rest
And that just leaves you with 5 months to navigate. You're talking like you're in the run-in

You will have some difficult moments in the season. It's been easy so far. Your rivals have changed manager, but will get stronger now that the transition is behind them, whilst you have to get through February and March where there are big European and FA Cup matches falling midweek, and players like Giroud will suffer

City beat Utd 6-1 in November 2 seasons ago and it all looked so easy. Then by Spring we couldn't win away and they led by 8 points culminating in defeat at the Emirates. So learn from that. Of course the season could unfold in any one of many directions, but this is the easy bit.

Marvin said:
gooner2 said:
Piegilles said:

And that just leaves you with 5 months to navigate. You're talking like you're in the run-in

You will have some difficult moments in the season. It's been easy so far. Your rivals have changed manager, but will get stronger now that the transition is behind them, whilst you have to get through February and March where there are big European and FA Cup matches falling midweek, and players like Giroud will suffer

City beat Utd 6-1 in November 2 seasons ago and it all looked so easy. Then by Spring we couldn't win away and they led by 8 points culminating in defeat at the Emirates. So learn from that. Of course the season could unfold in any one of many directions, but this is the easy bit.

But mate the last two seasons we got stronger as the season goes on. our point total second half of the season has been stronger then the firsy half. Of course have difficult moments but it won,t be enough to not to lose our lead if we bulit it up to eight or nine. We had injuries to ox, pod, arterta, walcott and santi and yet have kept winning like a ruthless machine.

We got 71 points the whole year and let in just one goal in seven matches. We beaten dortmund, spurs, nappoli, liverpool all without losing a goal. We got more money to spend in jan .

I Know never to count my chicken and you were cruising in 2012. Their was big difference though that you had rival in united that was on your backs all the time if you did slip up and they did pounce before you then pounced back.

We delt with pressure of march to may with coming back at spurs to get into top four twice. So we won,t be fazed by having huge lead. We having same type of domination so far that you had in 2012 for a bit, united did last season and chelsea have done few years ago.

We also had loads of matches with both league and champions league and yet have coped fine even with many injuries. Mate we are only going to get strong and stronger.

You and chelsea are only one good enough if you get your act together to put any pressure on us. But so far neither of you are winning more then three matches in row before drawing or losing. You going to have go on more sustained runs to keep pressure on us.

Your right that it long way to go but it looking very good for us..

gooner2 said:
Piegilles said:
Markt85 said:

You've not played anyone decent away from home. The highest placed team you've played on the road was the rags and you lost that. In fact you're the only team in the top half to lose to them. Let's see if you're as good as you think you are at the end of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.