Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
gooner2 said:
Piegilles said:
So would I :>)

Thanks for that. Everything went for us yesterday. Win and seven points clear which is huge lead . Draw at city and beat chelsea and we should pull well clear of the rest
You've not played anyone decent away from home. The highest placed team you've played on the road was the rags and you lost that. In fact you're the only team in the top half to lose to them. Let's see if you're as good as you think you are at the end of this year.

Fair enough but if we go seven points clear today all the pressure on you and chelsea to go on runs to put us any pressure at all.

Also bit strange to say we not played anyone decent away from home. we gone to likes of dortmund and swansea and won both away games.

I am confident we stay in very strong position as season goes on.

gooner2 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
gooner2 said:
Thanks for that. Everything went for us yesterday. Win and seven points clear which is huge lead . Draw at city and beat chelsea and we should pull well clear of the rest
You've not played anyone decent away from home. The highest placed team you've played on the road was the rags and you lost that. In fact you're the only team in the top half to lose to them. Let's see if you're as good as you think you are at the end of this year.

Fair enough but if we go seven points clear today all the pressure on you and chelsea to go on runs to put us any pressure at all.

Also bit strange to say we not played anyone decent away from home. we gone to likes of dortmund and swansea and won both away games.

Dortmund are crumbling. Leverkusen beat them yesterday.

Arsenal are playing well at the moment, but it's a long long season and City are steadily improving

Marvin said:
gooner2 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Arsenal are playing well at the moment, but it's a long long season and City are steadily improving

Leverkusen are second in league mate and have held bayern. their peformances against united were not how they been most of the season. Dortmund still team this year that beat nappoli at home and won at us. They got to champions league final with most of the same team so it was amazing win.

We are playing well and it long season but am confident we only get stronger once everyone is back. You are imporving and the away game we have next week is our toughest game of season so far. I be delighted with point and over the moon with three. Your be going all out for the win. should be epic game between two great teams.

It would give me great pleasure to see Dortmund beat Marseille, and then watch these tossers get their arses handed to them by Napoli.

Thursday night football...........would love it, just love it.

kippax81 said:
It would give me great pleasure to see Dortmund beat Marseille, and then watch these tossers get their arses handed to them by Napoli.

Thursday night football...........would love it, just love it.

I'm hoping Everton give 'em a wake up call later.

Love the excuse-making when it comes to Arsenal. Always something every week.......

cant cope with injuries..............yet have had loads already
no depth................erm, bar giroud's position we absolutely do. And Podolski can be his backup
see where they are after this run of games....pool/dortmund/united.....................and we're still going now
group of death.............arsenal beat dortmund and napoli and suddenly both arent as good as everyone thought.

now its. lets wait until the new year.........if we're top then, people will say that march april will be a big test! It never stops.

I'd say that we actually have a quality, balanced side this year and will contest the title all the way.

Huge game today, I expect a tight one but think we can get the job done.. 1 or 2-0. Everton were supposedly very good at United but we have a proper midfield which should help.

gooner2 said:
Marvin said:
gooner2 said:

Leverkusen are second in league mate and have held bayern. their peformances against united were not how they been most of the season. Dortmund still team this year that beat nappoli at home and won at us. They got to champions league final with most of the same team so it was amazing win.

We are playing well and it long season but am confident we only get stronger once everyone is back. You are imporving and the away game we have next week is our toughest game of season so far. I be delighted with point and over the moon with three. Your be going all out for the win. should be epic game between two great teams.

Leverkusen are not a great team, but are really well managed and get great results. It's impressive how well they are doing, but they are a couple of teams in the Bundlesiga below them with much better squads.

Dortmund had 4 of the CL team missing: Gundogan, Gotze, Hummels and Piszcek. I would say all four of those players are world class. It's no where near the quality of the team that made the final.

I cannot see you going out unless Reus scores a wonder goal and you get an early red and penalty in Naples. Doubt it will happen though.

jlc09 said:
Love the excuse-making when it comes to Arsenal. Always something every week.......

cant cope with injuries..............yet have had loads already
no depth................erm, bar giroud's position we absolutely do. And Podolski can be his backup
see where they are after this run of games....pool/dortmund/united.....................and we're still going now
group of death.............arsenal beat dortmund and napoli and suddenly both arent as good as everyone thought.

now its. lets wait until the new year.........if we're top then, people will say that march april will be a big test! It never stops.

I'd say that we actually have a quality, balanced side this year and will contest the title all the way.

Huge game today, I expect a tight one but think we can get the job done.. 1 or 2-0. Everton were supposedly very good at United but we have a proper midfield which should help.

I kind of prefer it this way though: the constantly changing excuses amusing.

For me the table does not lie. Unless you go through a bad spell I can see you walking the league. You play some great football. However it only needs a couple of bad results and then the pressure will be on.......subject to the rest not fucking up which seems to be happening. Even Liverpool look as though they will make CL at the end of the season. Great competition and with the rags imploding as they seem to be it should turn out to be an interesting season all round.

Don't know why Arsenal fans are do desperate for everyone to see them as a legitimate contender.

They should be happy to stay under the radar as long as possible, the pressure starts when people think they might actually win something.

Next few weeks will tell a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.