Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-1's a fair result considering only one team turned up in the first half. The work rate I would say was the key for both teams today.

Both managers are always going to have their teams playing the ball but both teams put a foot in when needed. How Arteta didn't get booked for persistent fouling is beyond me, but it worked They had more possession but we didn't give them that many chances and we had a few decent ones ourselves.

Thought both keepers were good today and neither deserved to concede the goals they did.

From a winning position would have loved to have held on to all 3pts but Everton are going to cause the rest of the top 6 problems so my glass is half full-ish, point gained. Shame they can't keep Deuleufeu but if I were Barca I'd want him back too.

One note, thought Lukaku was bested by Koscielny for most of the game and didn't get clear cut chances and the one he did get he wasted.

Onwards, Napoli Wed night next and fingers crossed we can get a point there. It bodes well that they conceded 3 with their full strength side at home this weekend and still no Hamsik which is definitely a plus. I say sit deep and play on the counter.

citytill1die84 said:
more lazy than useless said:
citytill1die84 said:
3-0 Napoli I think mate.

Does it matter what the others in the group do?

Dortmund have to beat Marseille.

So if Dortmund beat Marseille and Napoli beat Arsenal 3-0 then Arsenal are 'Thursday night, Channel 5'

Reasonable to assume then that Arsenal are through, even just on the 3-0 bit. On the other hand, you can't take these things for granted.....

Out of interest, do you know if its only 3-0, or would 4-1, 5-2 etc be the same?

citytill1die84 said:
Does it matter what the others in the group do?

Dortmund have to beat Marseille.

So if Dortmund beat Marseille and Napoli beat Arsenal 3-0 then Arsenal are 'Thursday night, Channel 5'

Reasonable to assume then that Arsenal are through, even just on the 3-0 bit. On the other hand, you can't take these things for granted.....

Out of interest, do you know if its only 3-0, or would 4-1, 5-2 etc be the same?
3 goal win would be enough. They have to better the result that Arsenal got against them i.e a 2-0 win. It's head to head

baildon blue said:
Just shows Arsenal aren't that good . I thought Everton should have won today . Distin was brilliant for Everton today .Gareth Barry was also very good for Everton .

We got a point in a difficult game against a team that are doing exceptionally well and did it whilst not playing that well and could have hung on for the win. We didn't play well and still got something out of the game. By your reasoning losing at Cardiff makes City not very good either but most wouldn't say that.

The 49ers said:
baildon blue said:
Just shows Arsenal aren't that good . I thought Everton should have won today . Distin was brilliant for Everton today .Gareth Barry was also very good for Everton .

We got a point in a difficult game against a team that are doing exceptionally well and did it whilst not playing that well and could have hung on for the win. We didn't play well and still got something out of the game. By your reasoning losing at Cardiff makes City not very good either but most wouldn't say that.
certainly not on a Manchester City forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.