Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 49ers said:
baildon blue said:
Just shows Arsenal aren't that good . I thought Everton should have won today . Distin was brilliant for Everton today .Gareth Barry was also very good for Everton .

We got a point in a difficult game against a team that are doing exceptionally well and did it whilst not playing that well and could have hung on for the win. We didn't play well and still got something out of the game. By your reasoning losing at Cardiff makes City not very good either but most wouldn't say that.
You Tarquins really don't help yourselves at times, do you?

The 49ers said:
baildon blue said:
Just shows Arsenal aren't that good . I thought Everton should have won today . Distin was brilliant for Everton today .Gareth Barry was also very good for Everton .

We got a point in a difficult game against a team that are doing exceptionally well and did it whilst not playing that well and could have hung on for the win. We didn't play well and still got something out of the game. By your reasoning losing at Cardiff makes City not very good either but most wouldn't say that.
A point is not the worst result in the world, but the result and performance offered hope to the chasing pack.

I remember when we won the League, there were games like Sunderland at home where we drew 3-3 equalising in the final minute, and at the time we were very disappointed with the result, yet looking back that point was vital.

I feel at the moment that there's great desire at Arsenal to win the League which isn't quite matched at City where we have let leads slip so many times. But with Kompany back we are going to get stronger. That maybe our Achilles heel. We are very reliant on him

jimharri said:
The 49ers said:
baildon blue said:

Now, would you be from Kiltimagh? ;^)

Piegilles said:
jimharri said:
The 49ers said:

Now, would you be from Kiltimagh? ;^)
No. You're thinking of Louis ''you made the stage your own'' Walsh.

I'm not saying that, just pointing out that his post was ridiculous.

The top 6 are all close to each other this season and will all take points off each other this season. January is going to be huge. Chavs buy a striker, they'll win the league. You get cover for Kompany and improve your away form you'll walk it. If we get proper cover for Kos and Mertesacker as well as a very good striker we'll have a good a chance as any. Personally I think it's a season too soon for us. Would take 2nd/3rd, a semifinal in the champs and getting to the FA cup final and hopefully winning it.

The 49ers said:

The top 6 are all close to each other this season and will all take points off each other this season. January is going to be huge. Chavs buy a striker, they'll win the league. You get cover for Kompany and improve your away form you'll walk it. If we get proper cover for Kos and Mertesacker as well as a very good striker we'll have a good a chance as any. Personally I think it's a season too soon for us. Would take 2nd/3rd, a semifinal in the champs and getting to the FA cup final and hopefully winning it.

The same could of been said about our title win but we achieved it, albeit in dramatic fashion and it wasn't good for your health.

The 49ers said:

What I love is how close it is between 3/4 teams, and NONE of those teams are the red shite.

Love it.

I might be pissed.

jimharri said:
The 49ers said:
baildon blue said:

What by turning his comment back to him and saying how ridiculous to say we aren't very good because of that game. Did he actually watch that game and come to that conclusion from watching the same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.