Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
afc16 said:
TCIB said:
No mistake they are a decent squad, however when you look at the bench you may retract that and say starting eleven.

In any given game they can play as well as anyone almost but over a season ?, i have my doubts still.

this is a bit of a tired view, yea ok maybe striker i can agree we are short but otherwise we have a very strong bench now most of our players are back.

we had walcott rosicky and flamini come of the bench against everton. that still left gnarby/vermalin/monreal there. in other recent games we've brought cazorla/walcott/wilshere off the bench as well.

we still have podolski and ox to come back and diaby (yes yes i know) which will strenghten our bench further.

as i said i think thats a very strong bench no matter who plays.
Arsenal, Chelsea and City have very attacking midfields with no shortage of options.

But each squad has some weaknesses:
Arsenal: Cover for Giroud
Chelsea: Torres is a good footballer but lacks goals, whilst eto'o and Ba are struggling
City: I thought we were strong in central defence before the season started, but Kompany, Demichelis and Nastasic have all had lengthy spells out and that's stretched us and put us under pressure

I get the feeling that Mourinho is running out of patience with is forwards and may put his foot down with his board in January and insist on reinforcements. At the moment I am totally focussed on Arsenal and have dismissed Chelsea, but if they had a top quality forward they would be on top now. They are the team that could make a leap forward in January with a forward signing, whereas for City and Arsenal any signings would probably just add to the squad depth. I doubt City will buy in January, but suspect CFC and AFC might.

Marvin said:
afc16 said:
TCIB said:
No mistake they are a decent squad, however when you look at the bench you may retract that and say starting eleven.

In any given game they can play as well as anyone almost but over a season ?, i have my doubts still.

this is a bit of a tired view, yea ok maybe striker i can agree we are short but otherwise we have a very strong bench now most of our players are back.

we had walcott rosicky and flamini come of the bench against everton. that still left gnarby/vermalin/monreal there. in other recent games we've brought cazorla/walcott/wilshere off the bench as well.

we still have podolski and ox to come back and diaby (yes yes i know) which will strenghten our bench further.

Arsenal, Chelsea and City have very attacking midfields with no shortage of options.

Chelsea: Torres is a good footballer but lacks goals, whilst eto'o and Ba are struggling
City: I thought we were strong in central defence before the season started, but Kompany, Demichelis and Nastasic have all had lengthy spells out and that's stretched us and put us under pressure

I get the feeling that Mourinho is running out of patience with is forwards and may put his foot down with his board in January and insist on reinforcements. At the moment I am totally focussed on Arsenal and have dismissed Chelsea, but if they had a top quality forward they would be on top now. They are the team that could make a leap forward in January with a forward signing, whereas for City and Arsenal any signings would probably just add to the squad depth. I doubt City will buy in January, but suspect CFC and AFC might.

City for me have the strongest 11 and no gaps. Your primary partnership is strong, but as you said they are injury prone and Demichelis/Lescott is not good enough. In central midfield you are also lack sufficient cover, because Rodwell is always injured and Garcia is not great. In the first team the only area that needs to be upgraded with is left back.

Arsenal whilst not having the quality of City in the first 11, like City have no glaring weaknesses in the team either. Flamini despite the rave reviews is not great, Gibbs is not really the quality desired etc, but they are no problem area. The squad needs strengthening at the back and upfront. Also would not be a bad idea to keep improving the quality of the team ie Flamini out Bender in, Carzola out Draxler in. However, there are no immediate areas of concern for the first 11.

Chelsea are in a similar position to Manchester United and the difference in league positions is all down to the managers. Both teams have great players, but they have glaring weaknesses in the first 11. Chelsea actually have more holes than United. They urgently need a centre back, a central midfielder and a striker. United urgently only need 2 central midfielders. Next season both teams could do with a left back as well, but that is not urgent. Apart from the problem areas they have good depth in other positions.

City are the strongest team and favourites to win the league.

supercrystal7 said:
Marvin said:
afc16 said:

City for me have the strongest 11 and no gaps. Your primary partnership is strong, but as you said they are injury prone and Demichelis/Lescott is not good enough. In central midfield you are also lack sufficient cover, because Rodwell is always injured and Garcia is not great. In the first team the only area that needs to be upgraded with is left back.

Arsenal whilst not having the quality of City in the first 11, like City have no glaring weaknesses in the team either. Flamini despite the rave reviews is not great, Gibbs is not really the quality desired etc, but they are no problem area. The squad needs strengthening at the back and upfront. Also would not be a bad idea to keep improving the quality of the team ie Flamini out Bender in, Carzola out Draxler in. However, there are no immediate areas of concern for the first 11.

Chelsea are in a similar position to Manchester United and the difference in league positions is all down to the managers. Both teams have great players, but they have glaring weaknesses in the first 11. Chelsea actually have more holes than United. They urgently need a centre back, a central midfielder and a striker. United urgently only need 2 central midfielders. Next season both teams could do with a left back as well, but that is not urgent. Apart from the problem areas they have good depth in other positions.

City are the strongest team and favourites to win the league.

Pretty good analysis mate, and one that I would agree with, i would even agree with upgrades suggested for Arsenal (with an upgrade for Giroud thrown in for good measure)! ;-)

Having watched Arsenal at gome v Everton and away to a Napoli team who are much weaker than the team we faced, I have absolutely no idea how they are top of the premier league.

Going to be closer than we think. Arsenal took a risk resting Walcott Wilshere and Monreal I thought. But we also rested lots. Can't call it

Manchester1894 said:
Going to be closer than we think. Arsenal took a risk resting Walcott Wilshere and Monreal I thought. But we also rested lots. Can't call it

Not sure if Walcott was rested or if they just wanted to win tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.