Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
AwayDay said:
RandomJ said:
Pissing myself laughing at the "We're still ahead of you" comments. Not only does this win dent the Arsenal players confidence it also shows other teams that Arsenal can be got at and will give them more confidence when playing against them.

It doesn't really dent the confidence of the players, it was hardly a shock this loss. This arsenal team have no delusions of grandeur like 10 years ago, they know they are nowhere near favourites to win the title. This is why I said before the game I got this down as a sure loss and got lambasted at the lack of poetry in my support. We will play out this season very much based on the league table, the whole point of having a cushion at the top is because away at city/utd and probably Chelsea, we will lose.

It was a freak game though in terms of defending, from both teams. If city are to fail it wont be in the big games, it will be at the likes of sunderland away.

I'm sorry but if you don't think getting dry bummed by us won't affect your players confidence you're as deluded as some of the other Arsenal fans. To win the title you have to believe you are the best team and can beat anyone but if your players have the attitude like you suggest that "they weren't expecting to beat City or United etc" that shows they don't believe they can win the title. Your players will have gone back from Napoli and now the City game knowing they are not as good as they thought they were and that will deffo fuck with their heads.

RandomJ said:
AwayDay said:
RandomJ said:
Pissing myself laughing at the "We're still ahead of you" comments. Not only does this win dent the Arsenal players confidence it also shows other teams that Arsenal can be got at and will give them more confidence when playing against them.

It doesn't really dent the confidence of the players, it was hardly a shock this loss. This arsenal team have no delusions of grandeur like 10 years ago, they know they are nowhere near favourites to win the title. This is why I said before the game I got this down as a sure loss and got lambasted at the lack of poetry in my support. We will play out this season very much based on the league table, the whole point of having a cushion at the top is because away at city/utd and probably Chelsea, we will lose.

It was a freak game though in terms of defending, from both teams. If city are to fail it wont be in the big games, it will be at the likes of sunderland away.

I'm sorry but if you don't think getting dry bummed by us won't affect your players confidence you're as deluded as some of the other Arsenal fans. To win the title you have to believe you are the best team and can beat anyone but if your players have the attitude like you suggest that "they weren't expecting to beat City or United etc" that shows they don't believe they can win the title. Your players will have gone back from Napoli and now the City game knowing they are not as good as they thought they were and that will deffo fuck with their heads.

No mate, to win the title you have to finish top, do you ever ask yourself how come you are beneath us after this ?

AwayDay said:
RandomJ said:
AwayDay said:

No mate, to win the title you have to finish top, do you ever ask yourself how come you are beneath us after this ?

Because we had just changed managers and were adjusting to his play style which is now starting to come together? You are 3 points ahead which is nothing. If you were 10 points clear I'd understand you gloating for being ahead of us but 3 points is as thin ice as you can possibly stand on.

Because we had just changed managers and were adjusting to his play style which is now starting to come together? You are 3 points ahead which is nothing. If you were 10 points clear I'd understand you gloating for being ahead of us but 3 points is as thin ice as you can possibly stand on.
[/quote]

Not gloating just telling facts, the facts are you would swap league positions with us, until that's no longer the case you cant gloat yourself.
At the start of the season we were the team that will drop out of the top 4 to be replaced by Spurs, now people are questioning our title credentials. I cant get too pessimistic about it, it would be a massive over achievement if we win the title but while we are at the top everyone wants to be in our position.

AwayDay said:
RandomJ said:
AwayDay said:

You'll be behind us come Jan 2nd mate. Conceding 6 goals is a joke.

AwayDay said:
Not gloating just telling facts, the facts are you would swap league positions with us, until that's no longer the case you cant gloat yourself.
At the start of the season we were the team that will drop out of the top 4 to be replaced by Spurs, now people are questioning our title credentials. I cant get too pessimistic about it, it would be a massive over achievement if we win the title but while we are at the top everyone wants to be in our position.

In a distance race you will often see a pacemaker start out strong and run clear of the pack. Unfortunately for him, the stronger runners soon catch him up as he starts to flag and by the end of the race, he is a distant memory as the eventual winner strides past the finish line. Position now means fuck all, sitting right on the pacemakers shoulder as he starts to breathe heavily? No place we'd rather be.

AwayDay said:
RandomJ said:
AwayDay said:

Fook me ...is it May already?

AwayDay said:
RandomJ said:
AwayDay said:

Because we've only played you once silly.

Because we've only played you once silly.

TFC said:
AwayDay said:

In a distance race you will often see a pacemaker start out strong and run clear of the pack. Unfortunately for him, the stronger runners soon catch him up as he starts to flag and by the end of the race, he is a distant memory as the eventual winner strides past the finish line. Position now means fuck all, sitting right on the pacemakers shoulder as he starts to breathe heavily? No place we'd rather be.

I'd rather be top than second. Whatever month it is . Cant believe some people are trying to argue otherwise !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.