Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
bleed.blue said:
gooner2 said:
bleed.blue said:
The Dortmund, Chelsea defeats show otherwise.
q

In the Dortmund will were unlucky as we dominated the second half and they hit us on the counter attack. The chelsea loss was just a league cup game where neither team was at full strength. They deserved to win but hard to link that to big matches of a league or champions league match.

We have beaten big teams already in spurs and nappoli so we shown we can beat quality teams.

We hopefully beat liverpool, dortmund and united this week and show why we one of the strongest teams in europe this season.

Let me spin it the other way. In the Tottenham win, you were lucky as you clinged out to a solitary one goal lead. In the Napoli game, you were lucky to be facing them without their #1 striker. So, NO you haven't shown yet that you have what it takes against the bigger teams.

just who have arsenal beaten since january

r.soleofsalford said:
bleed.blue said:
gooner2 said:
q

In the Dortmund will were unlucky as we dominated the second half and they hit us on the counter attack. The chelsea loss was just a league cup game where neither team was at full strength. They deserved to win but hard to link that to big matches of a league or champions league match.

We have beaten big teams already in spurs and nappoli so we shown we can beat quality teams.

We hopefully beat liverpool, dortmund and united this week and show why we one of the strongest teams in europe this season.

Let me spin it the other way. In the Tottenham win, you were lucky as you clinged out to a solitary one goal lead. In the Napoli game, you were lucky to be facing them without their #1 striker. So, NO you haven't shown yet that you have what it takes against the bigger teams.

Bayern at the Allianz Arena. Even if they were supposedly 'not themselves' Arsenal were still the only team to do it last season. Napoli who were unbeaten this season until they came to the Emirates.

Ronuja said:
r.soleofsalford said:
bleed.blue said:

Bayern at the Allianz Arena. Even if they were supposedly 'not themselves' Arsenal were still the only team to do it last season. Napoli who were unbeaten this season until they came to the Emirates.

Oh dear. You deteriorate with every post.

If Bayern Munich played against you like the played against us a few weeks ago (in a game that actually mattered) they would batter you to a fucking pulp.

Best team in Europe. You aren't even the best team in London.

bleed.blue said:
gooner2 said:
bleed.blue said:
The Dortmund, Chelsea defeats show otherwise.
q

Spurs game we were hardly unlucky. We dominated the first half and spurs hardly had a clear chance untill the last 10 mintues. We could have won by more then one goal if we taken some our counter attacks.

Also Napoli did not have their top striker but we did not have walcott, pod, ox and did not even start wilshire. We battered them in the first half and could have been more then 2-0 up. They had been unbeaten till they faced us. We beat two quality teams . We also beaten bayern munich this year as well.

I think we be too strong for liverpool on Saturday. They only beaten us once in the last 11 matches with us winning four and their being seven draws. Our attack and midfield should be to strong on the day and i think we win 3-1. Although the games in dortmund and united will be tougher. But we can win them all.

-- Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:51 am --

Stoned Rose said:
Ronuja said:
r.soleofsalford said:

If Bayern Munich played against you like the played against us a few weeks ago (in a game that actually mattered) they would batter you to a fucking pulp.

I don,t think he was saying we best in europe but just pointing out we were the only team in europe to beat bayern on their own turf last season . Bayern may be stronger then us at present but we shown on our day over last few years we can beat anyone in the world. We beaten real , bayern, barca, ac, juventus and other top european teams over the years.

We not the best team in europe. But we are up their in terms of being one of the strongest teams in europe along with yourselves.

gooner2 said:
bleed.blue said:
gooner2 said:
q

Spurs game we were hardly unlucky. We dominated the first half and spurs hardly had a clear chance untill the last 10 mintues. We could have won by more then one goal if we taken some our counter attacks.

Also Napoli did not have their top striker but we did not have walcott, pod, ox and did not even start wilshire. We battered them in the first half and could have been more then 2-0 up. They had been unbeaten till they faced us. We beat two quality teams . We also beaten bayern munich this year as well.

I think we be too strong for liverpool on Saturday. They only beaten us once in the last 11 matches with us winning four and their being seven draws. Our attack and midfield should be to strong on the day and i think we win 3-1. Although the games in dortmund and united will be tougher. But we can win them all.

Stoned Rose said:
Ronuja said:

I don,t think he was saying we best in europe but just pointing out we were the only team in europe to beat bayern on their own turf last season . Bayern may be stronger then us at present but we shown on our day over last few years we can beat anyone in the world. We beaten real , bayern, barca, ac, juventus and other top european teams over the years.

We not the best team in europe. But we are up their in terms of being one of the strongest teams in europe along with yourselves.

Aye but show us your silverware for said period.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:
bleed.blue said:

Stoned Rose said:

Well since 2005 well we won the fa cup, we been involved in two title races in 2008 and 2011 and got to two league cup finals and a champions league final. Add to that in this period a fa cup semi final, champions league semi final. All without going into any debt and i think we done very well. We not got the squad to win trophies and i think this could be a season as arsenal fans that we never ever forget.

gooner2 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:

Well since 2005 well we won the fa cup, we been involved in two title races in 2008 and 2011 and got to two league cup finals and a champions league final. Add to that in this period a fa cup semi final, champions league semi final. All without going into any debt and i think we done very well. We not got the squad to win trophies and i think this could be a season as arsenal fans that we never ever forget.

As I've said before at Arsenal success is measured by accountants and not silverwear, so well done you must be very pleased.

I don't really understand why there is so much hatred towards Arsenal in this thread. Their form over the last months of last season and this season has been impressive. There is no two ways about that. They are top of the league and playing well. They have beaten Napoli and they were good against Dortmund and not battered like we were last season. They have been impressive. We are all expecting them to fall apart somewhat against the top sides, they always seem to but I understand Arsenal fans hopes and beliefs that it could be different this time around. There is certainly no reason they cant beat United or Liverpool, the League Cup is the League Cup so I do not attach much weight to their loss to Chelsea. Equally whilst City lost to Chelsea we were largely pleased with our performance that suggests we are a better side than them and should have come away with more than we did. So not particularly balanced to say Arsenal were lucky against Spurs etc, because on that basis they were unlucky against Dortmund.

I am by no means starting an Arsenal love in by what I say, just odd that people are so quick to shoot them down. Later in the season when their lack of striking options and defensive depth takes hold, that is when they will suffer in my opinion. But on their current play and form they can certainly trouble Liverpool and the rags. You cannot blame their fans for their hope even if it is somewhat deluded.

zola said:
gooner2 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

As I've said before at Arsenal success is measured by accountants and not silverwear, so well done you must be very pleased.

supercity88 said:
I don't really understand why there is so much hatred towards Arsenal in this thread. Their form over the last months of last season and this season has been impressive. There is no two ways about that. They are top of the league and playing well. They have beaten Napoli and they were good against Dortmund and not battered like we were last season. They have been impressive. We are all expecting them to fall apart somewhat against the top sides, they always seem to but I understand Arsenal fans hopes and beliefs that it could be different this time around. There is certainly no reason they cant beat United or Liverpool, the League Cup is the League Cup so I do not attach much weight to their loss to Chelsea. Equally whilst City lost to Chelsea we were largely pleased with our performance that suggests we are a better side than them and should have come away with more than we did. So not particularly balanced to say Arsenal were lucky against Spurs etc, because on that basis they were unlucky against Dortmund.

I am by no means starting an Arsenal love in by what I say, just odd that people are so quick to shoot them down. Later in the season when their lack of striking options and defensive depth takes hold, that is when they will suffer in my opinion. But on their current play and form they can certainly trouble Liverpool and the rags. You cannot blame their fans for their hope even if it is somewhat deluded.

Thank you for your post although only thing i disagree with you is i we somehwhat deluded. I don,t know why their is so much hate on here towards us. I always though us and city had good relations and we shared our common dislike for all things man united. We are both great clubs with great teams at present and both clubs have top supporters with great new stadiums. We both going to be fighting tooth and nail for the league along with chelsea.

I think we have shown as you said in our post since march how good a team we are and this season. We won seven of our last eight years games and have won 21 from 27 games. We have not lost away in the league since march and have shown against likes of spurs, nappoli and bayern that we can win the big matches. We also gave dortmund a close game and were unlucky to lose.

I think like you said our current form can trouble both liverpool and united. We have better midfields then both teams. I think liverpool game more winnebale then united away as it always tough at old t whoever their manager is and we not won their in seven years. I take six or four points from both games.

I think we the real deal this season. We winning most of the time, playing wonderful football and have great depth. These are great times for our club

I also think you will come good. you could be on 22 points like us if you had not thrown three points away at cardiff and villa. Your attack is as good as ours. But you have decent run of fixtures now to go on good winning run now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.