Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMercer'sWay said:
agree with Hoeness on that, City should have been offering Blackburn free to cup schemers as an apology for creating an extra game imo, applaud Bayern for that one.

English clubs need to do much more on ticketing for fans.

They could have easily done it. It would have been a good gesture. a

In Ireland, in the hurling final, it was a draw..it's never a draw, it was only the second time it's ever happened in a final.

It was only the second time it had ever ended in a replay, ironically it happened the year before as well.
Nobody planned for one..it wouldn't have been one had it not been for some blatant Fergie time but that's another story. A draw suited nobody, except the neutrals. It was supposed to be the last game of the year. Training was finished, work was booked off by the players etc. It was a big pain in the hole for supporters and players a like. Anti climax from an outstanding game, either way we were all expecting an ending, win or lose.

They made a fortune off the final. It was sold out, it was one of the best games of the year. Tickets were in high demand. People were willing to sell their grans for a ticket.
They decided against charging full price for the final.

They cut tickets. €80 to €50 and terrace prices cut from €40 to €25 and juvenile tickets for €10.
They didn't have to, nobody gets paid, the money goes to the governing body, not to the teams or players. They could have charged the same, but two years in a row they cut the prices.
If an amateur organisation can do it, I can't understand how we couldn't do the same.

Money first, fans after.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:35 pm --<br /><br />Massive respect for Bayern. They run their club well, with their fans at the heart of it. They understand that the fans are at the most important thing. You can argue that that's sentimental and that it's all about business, but without the fans, there is no business.

I've a lot of time for German football in general, their league is a good quality, their international team is excellent, and the majority of their players are in Germany. That's is England's downfall, well one of them anyway. The English teams are sprinkled with English players, maybe England would do a little bit better if we didn't rely so heavily on foreign talent to make the premiership "entertaining".

Treat the fans well and they'll stick with you. But with us, we stick with them when we're down but get frozen out when we do well.

aguero93:20 said:
BayernMan said:
Hard to believe these prices are common in England
2.jpg
People are willing to pay more to watch the premier league with all its twists and turns than watch Bayern +1 (the +1 have all their star players bought by Bayern to stop them really competing).
Btw that match wasn't sold out, you could clearly see at least 10,000 empty seats on the tv.

Based on those figures, making some assumptions and scribbling some calculations on the back of a fag packet, I'd estimate annual gate income for Arsenal at £75m and City at £35m.

You can see why they built the Emirates.

Gillespie said:
BayernMan said:
Hard to believe these prices are common in England
2.jpg
People are willing to pay more to watch the premier league with all its twists and turns than watch Bayern +1 (the +1 have all their star players bought by Bayern to stop them really competing).
Btw that match wasn't sold out, you could clearly see at least 10,000 empty seats on the tv.

Based on those figures, making some assumptions and scribbling some calculations on the back of a fag packet, I'd estimate annual gate income for Arsenal at £75m and City at £35m.

sorry Gillespie, not trying to disparage the point you've made, but there's various costs associated with a home match as well, ticket income is a minor part of any clubs income, commercial revenue and tv rights are much bigger so ticket prices/income really is a scam on fans a lot of the time (btw I was on the wind up above)

Gillespie said:

sorry Gillespie, not trying to disparage the point you've made, but there's various costs associated with a home match as well, ticket income is a minor part of any clubs income, commercial revenue and tv rights are much bigger so ticket prices/income really is a scam on fans a lot of the time (btw I was on the wind up above)

I recognise that revenue doesn't equate to net profit. My point was more about the apparent large discrepancy between the 2 clubs but if your numbers were not accurate, then the point disappears.

Gillespie said:
Gillespie said:

I recognise that revenue doesn't equate to net profit. My point was more about the apparent large discrepancy between the 2 clubs but if your numbers were not accurate, then the point disappears.

If you look at Arsenal there is a big discrepancy to the commercial income of other clubs - not only to the Germans that really built on it as they have lower income from TV money and matchday - but compared to the other top EPL teams. It seems somehow that they never really looked into this side of income too much even if they could have made that a lot better as they have a big fan base.

In 2011-12, Arsenal's commercial revenue of £64.9 million was dwarfed by Manchester United (£145.4 million), Bayern Munich (£201.6million) and even Liverpool (£99.1million).

Let's face it, Bayern are just so much better at everything than we are and that will always be the case because we are a jumped up no history team* who are only successful because of spending money we don't deserve, whilst the mighty Bayern Munich don't need wages because they only pay for their players' food and travel expenses and let their amazing fans into matches for free. We should give up and bow down to them because us commoners have no right even dreaming of calling ourselves their equals.

*(founded 6 years before them but don't let facts ruin the 'truth'.)

Maldeika said:
If you look at Arsenal there is a big discrepancy to the commercial income of other clubs - not only to the Germans that really built on it as they have lower income from TV money and matchday - but compared to the other top EPL teams. It seems somehow that they never really looked into this side of income too much even if they could have made that a lot better as they have a big fan base.

In 2011-12, Arsenal's commercial revenue of £64.9 million was dwarfed by Manchester United (£145.4 million), Bayern Munich (£201.6million) and even Liverpool (£99.1million).

You mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad bastard.

Arsenal's commercial revenue is extremely low because they made a highly frontloaded deal to help pay for their new stadium.

It's not because "they never looked into it unlike your superior German master race" but because they were locked into contracts lasting 10 years, during which time the commercial revenue of all Clubs has risen by about a million percent.

We've been in Europe only for a couple of years and our commercial revenue is only £30m behind yours and expected to surpass it in 2015.

You're the German Celtic and your achievements in 10 years will mean as much as theirs.

Damocles said:
Maldeika said:

You mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad bastard.

Arsenal's commercial revenue is extremely low because they made a highly frontloaded deal to help pay for their new stadium.

It's not because "they never looked into it unlike your superior German master race" but because they were locked into contracts lasting 10 years, during which time the commercial revenue of all Clubs has risen by about a million percent.

We've been in Europe only for a couple of years and our commercial revenue is only £30m behind yours and expected to surpass it in 2015.

You're the German Celtic and your achievements in 10 years will mean as much as theirs.

ah come on, Heynckes did a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.