Aston Villa (A) - Post-Match Thread

Most weekends are much the same, I've given up worrying about it now as we've learned how to overcome it thankfully.

I texted my lad after only 5 minutes tonight to say he was cheating, and Villa had barely touched the ball at that point.
I said to a mate 5 mins in ,a non City fan ,ref is known cheat watch him.
Mate spotted ,before me.. that it should not have been a corner for their goal.
It is what I expect from Mike Dean,he did his 'best'...But City and Pep also expect it.and have leant to live with it.
No penalties at all,so far this season in the premier league.......How does that happen...How exactly does that happen???

Massive 3 points with the squad stretched so thin tonight.
Bernardo incredible again, delighted with Raheems performance, his best for us this season. Onto Watford Saturday with our 2 rivals having difficult games before us.

Was fearful after the 1st half we would get a 4 or

As Villa fans are we supposed to be happy about losing our best players to city all the time ? ie Barry , Milner, Delph , Grealish ? How are we supposed to build a team to compete if this keeps happening? City didn’t need Grealish .It’s easy for city fans to applaud ex players as when you move players on you are bringing in world class players to replace. UTV
It’s called succession planning. Look it up, it’s what well run organisations do. We’ve bought him for the next five years, not the first five months

65% possession and 60% of the fouls. Opposition fouling themselves again? I'd like to see other teams' possession stats compared to their foul stats. I'm convinced we are shafted regularly. My Rag son-in-law tried to convince me that the number of penalties MANUre were delivered was a measure of how often they got in the opposition penalty area. Wonder why that doesn't apply to us? I mean, we scored two tonight and Dias was outside and Bernie barely stepped in. Do we ever get inside the opposition area, or are we just ignored when it comes to penal offences outside of our area?
For years I resisted the “corruption conspiracy agenda” and blamed incompetence and cowardice, but the last straw for me was Tierney and Milner. I now believe in one way, shape or form we are subject to specifically different refereeing that is not in our favo(u)r. Today Jesus was fouled twice in one move in the box and the replay made it obvious. Plenty of other examples from today as well. To paraphrase Ian Fleming writing about James Bond when he was playing golf against Goldfinger, we will just have to beat them, cheating and all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.