Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Maybe on Saturday if the whole ground made the noise we made against Munich and Real we might have got us over the line. We’ve all been there when the crowd has made a difference. Too many fans just couldn’t be bothered.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe KDB could have been on the pitch and got a hat-trick? It's all hypothetical. What isn't was Pep's comments and the inevitable reaction that would follow.

I get what you're saying and the atmosphere was flat. I'd have liked it to have been better. It's never going to be like Madrid and Arsenal every game, and if it was, it wouldn't make those occasions as special.

Absolutely spot on from Big Steve 10 minutes or so in here. Take note Soriano, Pep and Khaldoon you can have a positive effect on atmosphere if want to...

I think he’s nailed it with some of his points. In particular about getting fans together and being organised.

City matters, 1894 group, Kevin Parker, supporters clubs, individual season ticket holders and the club need to come together and sort some of these issues out. Pep wants a good atmosphere and the club are doing everything they can to make that impossible.

I think it’s vital that we tell the club how important a proper home end could be. We also need to stand up to the club with their policy around ticket distribution. There’s too many tickets going to tourist agencies and it’s the club who are to blame.

Maybe big Steve could reach out to some of these groups as his voice seems to reach lots of people. It’s getting to the point if we don’t do something, when we expand the ground it will get worse

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe KDB could have been on the pitch and got a hat-trick? It's all hypothetical. What isn't was Pep's comments and the inevitable reaction that would follow.

I get what you're saying and the atmosphere was flat. I'd have liked it to have been better. It's never going to be like Madrid and Arsenal every game, and if it was, it wouldn't make those occasions as special.

I completely accept all games can’t be like Madrid but we were playing our biggest rivals and most fans couldn’t be bothered to make a noise. If we’d have banged a few in the stadium would have been rocking. I’ve thought many a time that Pep must be so disappointed with our support.

He does it to get a reaction and it always works. I’d wage that those who are most upset with his comments are the very fans who don’t go home hoarse.

I think he’s nailed it with some of his points. In particular about getting fans together and being organised.

City matters, 1894 group, Kevin Parker, supporters clubs, individual season ticket holders and the club need to come together and sort some of these issues out. Pep wants a good atmosphere and the club are doing everything they can to make that impossible.

I think it’s vital that we tell the club how important a proper home end could be. We also need to stand up to the club with their policy around ticket distribution. There’s too many tickets going to tourist agencies and it’s the club who are to blame.

Maybe big Steve could reach out to some of these groups as his voice seems to reach lots of people. It’s getting to the point if we don’t do something, when we expand the ground it will get worse

The club are fully aware of the clamour from the fans for a proper and vocal home end when the North stand is expanded. They are also adamant they want to drive and increase match day revenue so City are closer to United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs in that respect. The club will have to find a fine dividing line or make a decision one way or another. I think we all know which outcome will prevail.

I completely accept all games can’t be like Madrid but we were playing our biggest rivals and most fans couldn’t be bothered to make a noise. If we’d have banged a few in the stadium would have been rocking. I’ve thought many a time that Pep must be so disappointed with our support.

He does it to get a reaction and it always works. I’d wage that those who are most upset with his comments are the very fans who don’t go home hoarse.
Behave, Pep is bang out of order with that bollocks and he’s distracting from the fact, we missed a hatful of chances and Trent walked straight through and scored with no tracking back by the mid. So yeah he’s done a great job reflecting from the players, at our expense again. We always turn up, yes it was a flat atmosphere, but Jesus, perfectly good rationale has been given by Big Steve. Peps not always right you know fella. Ffs.

There's been numerous reasons listed on here but the main one for me is that we are simply that good. What was that run we were on? 22 or 23 home victories on the bounce? People turn up with the pre-conceived notion that we're going to win. Liverpool dropped off massively last season and to some they're probably still sceptical they'll mount a serious challenge.

At this stage of the season the game wasn't looked upon as a 'must win' fixture. If that game was on a title run in with 6 or 7 games left it could have kicked off at 3am and the atmosphere would have been electric. For there to be a great atmosphere there needs to be some sort of perceived jeopardy. Madrid and Arsenal there were clearly high stakes but the comebacks last season against Fulham (when down to 10 men) and Palace attest to that.

There's been numerous reasons listed on here but the main one for me is that we are simply that good. What was that run we were on? 22 or 23 home victories on the bounce? People turn up with the pre-conceived notion that we're going to win. Liverpool dropped off massively last season and to some they're probably still sceptical they'll mount a serious challenge.

At this stage of the season the game wasn't looked upon as a 'must win' fixture. If that game was on a title run in with 6 or 7 games left it could have kicked off at 3am and the atmosphere would have been electric. For there to be a great atmosphere there needs to be some sort of perceived jeopardy. Madrid and Arsenal there were clearly high stakes but the comebacks last season against Fulham (when down to 10 men) and Palace attest to that.
12.3O and nobody is pissed as well.. Atmosphere is something we breathe not shout. Anfieid and St James Park are a morgue until a goal.

Reactions: PPT
It was like a CL game. The amount of tickets that the club sold to tour operators and third party agencies for the game on Saturday was astonishing. I haven't seen that many half'n'half scarfers from all parts of the globe for a league game before.
Same in the Colin Bell third tier. Loads of half and half scarves and when they scored quite a few scoucers jumped up and then it kicked off. City need to stop this it's been going on too long.

The club are fully aware of the clamour from the fans for a proper and vocal home end when the North stand is expanded. They are also adamant they want to drive and increase match day revenue so City are closer to United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs in that respect. The club will have to find a fine dividing line or make a decision one way or another. I think we all know which outcome will prevail.

I agree, but that’s where we as fans have to make our voice heard. If the various supporters groups get together we can change things. We have to try.

If the club only want to focus on profits then we (somehow) need to explain to pep the effect that will have on atmosphere.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.