Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It certainly can be. Many Scottish football fans follow English clubs. Sadly it’s more down to religion and politics rather than anything else. Or it used to be. Scottish Catholics tend to support United and Liverpool. Scottish Protestants tend to support Chelsea and City. They used to back in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Hence the chant, Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Celtic…. on the Kippax. Now it’s probably more down to (social) media exposure.

Oh I know, definitely been a bigger rise in Celtic City fans from my own experience when going to glasgow to watch Rangers

Champions league atmosphere is crap unless it’s a big game.

And that’s because unlike league games it’s probably 50% tourists, as we really aren’t that arsed unless it’s a big European team.

Season tickets holders are the only thing stopping league games from being as bad as European nights, only a matter of time before they kill off season tickets and the ground is full of tourists.
At least most of the tourists stay til the end. Swings and roundabouts

Half the Prem games have a terrible atmosphere too. The Copenhagen fans were telling me that the Prem atmosphere was an embarrassment.

I mean as soon as their league is half decent and the tourist fans travel week in week out to their grounds it will soon change.
The phone torches.

Not just that either! But yeah one of the many reasons I see the regulars not going to many games outside of the league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.