Balotelli [MERGED]

Re: City's job to sort Balo out as well as his own

Jono76 said:
Forget helping him to grow up, change his ways and become a world beater - our 1st job is to teach him how to put his own training bib on.

Yeah fancy the cameras being there the first time Balo ever put on a training bib eh..
Plenty of pics of him over the last few months in training wearing a bib tbh..
Dont tell me you have never put your arm through the wrong sleeve when putting on sommat, i thought it was well funny and thats all but hey,this is Balotelli and hes under the microscope no matter what he does..

Re: Mancini and Balotelli

mancini's handling of the media is fucking dreadful!

he also said in his interview that it wouldnt be right for adam johnson to play any part at chelsea........ yet he played last night.

fucking plank.

and as for pato..... the most overated player iv ever seen

samharris said:
Many refs would have given yellow for that challenge last night and i think a yellow is all it deserved..
All these stories today and comments on here as well as press tv and radio are based on a poor refereeing decision..
But thats only my opinion..
The player got up and carried on cheating and falling over at every opportunuty afterwards but Balo got sent off..
Nany was stretchered off against liverpool with a gash half way up his shin yet the instigator got a yellow and no radio call in shows the following day about the incident at all.
Lets remember this is a City player and as such will be under scrutiny.

You make a good point

gooney said:
bluetonium said:
If AC still want him, Balotelli + €10M for Pato please.

Mancini has does the right thing now as the ball is in Mario's court on whether to improve and fight for the team, or accept that he is not good enough to contribute to our team overall.

What Mancini has got wrong, and to some extent it is always a gamble, is spending the money in he first place on a player he thought he could control and develop, especially when we had Craig Bellamy sat there who would have contributed as much, if not more, and be content with a rotation policy. Then the £24M could have been spent on chasing someone else.

Given that City claim targets are scouted for all aspects - ability, attitude, willingness to move etc etc - Mancini must have over-ruled the consensus with this one based on his time at Inter. He has to shoulder the responsibility. That said, looking back gets us nowhere - 3pts on Sunday and all is forgiven Roberto in my eyes.

Why would they give you 10 million + better talent with better attitude?

better attitude, nothing like better talent

Let's face it - anything Balotelli does is going to get picked up on by the press and magnified to fuck, no matter how minor. And while last night's incident was pretty serious and worthy of a red card, it was hardly the worst challenge of its ilk. De Jong's in the WC Final was every bit as bad if not worse, but by far the most shocking I've seen live was back in 1990 when Mark Ward was racing down the Main Stand touchline full pelt only to be stopped completely in his tracks by a Kung-Fu kick at NECK height administered by the Wimbledon left back....some bloke called Terry Phelan. The speed that Ward was travelling coupled with where Phelan hit him made it 10 times worse than what Balotelli did last night.

I'm not saying we should defend Balotelli all the time but it might help if some of our fans retreated from slagging him off at every opportunity.

Re: The Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread.

2 red, 9 yellow, 10 goals, how many starts ?, Mario may well still have a place at City ( i hope so) but he needs a good fucking sorting out NOW, obviously the kiss and cuddle tactics dont work with him so : drop him short term, train with the elite squad, if his attitude picks up then hopefully he can be re introduced to the first team but guys remember, all refs and oppenents are onto him and will try anything to send him over the edge again, last night he was losing his head at the linesmen for piss poor decisions, he needs to get on with the game, fuck the ref, fuck the linesmen, just play football, can he do this ???

SWP's back said:
Soulboy said:
You are nothing if not predictable...

It's harsh me criticising the manager, yet fine that you're having a pop at Balotelli!

*Sigh*
No, I have always supported Balotelli but I shall criticise when he fucks up. Like he did last night.

I think it is worth criticising someone when they deserve criticising. Mancini has moddy-coddled Balo since the summer and rightly criticised him last night. Just as many managers have done in the past when a player has rightly been sent off and it has affected the team.

You would have started a thread criticising Mancini either way. That is the difference.

Look at the threads last night, before Mancini said that, 99% of city fans were saying "Mancini better drop him for that and fine him" etc etc etc. If he had not had a go at Balo then all of them, without fail would have been calling him weak and stating Balo was Mancini's golden boy.

There's just no need for this thread and so far I count 1 or 2 out of 20 that agree with you.

*double sign with twist and half tuck*

You clearly haven't read the threads from last night!

I came on and was extremely supportive of Mancini last night, I considered him blameless for our defeat. I was actually defending him against those who thought it was his fault!

Mancini did really well last night. But I believe (and it's just an opinion !) that he got it wrong after the game. He should have done what every other top manager does and defend his player.

I too think Balotelli is a dick, but I was saying that for quite some time, not just because of last night.

But irrespective of his behaviour, I still think a manager should back him PUBLICLY.

I gave the example of Rooney behaving even worse at Wigan and how the rags closed ranks. We should learn that lesson...

Oh, and I love you playing the "numbers" game! Only one or two agree so it's a stupid thread.

Now that comment is truly ludicrous! If NO one agrees with me, that's their choice. I am giving MY view... not looking for approval.

You really don't get messageboards do you...

SWP's back said:
samharris said:
Many refs would have given yellow for that challenge last night and i think a yellow is all it deserved..
All these stories today and comments on here as well as press tv and radio are based on a poor refereeing decision..
But thats only my opinion..
The player got up and carried on cheating and falling over at every opportunuty afterwards but Balo got sent off..
Nany was stretchered off against liverpool with a gash half way up his shin yet the instigator got a yellow and no radio call in shows the following day about the incident at all.
Lets remember this is a City player and as such will be under scrutiny.

You make a good point

No, it is an extremely poor point. The self deception brigade are out AGAIN. Now finding a way of constructing some hyperreal argument that it wasn't even a red card.

BillyMC said:
SWP's back said:

Zin you are without doubt the hardest bastard on bluemoon. If we put a bluemoon internet firm together for the semi can we put you down as the General...having said that theres always brolly man.

Or perhaps he's the Bluemoon Balotelli - clearly lacking in significant 'composure' when tackled on an issue, and instead throws out some lame 'jog on comeback'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.