Balotelli [MERGED]

samharris said:
I think Balo should play on Sunday..Cutting off our nose to spite our face is not good business..Having good players on the pitch against Chelsea is important.
Petulance is petulance and skill is skill,lets not get the two confused..we need points on sunday and like him or not Balo can get us goals.

That would be a valid point if he'd proved himself able to score against the top clubs in England.

We've beaten Chelsea three times in a row by playing a certain way. There's no reason to change that now.

Re: Balotelli is a liability.

Timmmmahhhh said:
I love him!!

Lots!!

He's no less mature my 19yo and I love him lots as well.

Even the scum forum was praising him.

Only a question of time before he becomes a shining diamond of a player.

masterwig said:
samharris said:
I think Balo should play on Sunday..Cutting off our nose to spite our face is not good business..Having good players on the pitch against Chelsea is important.
Petulance is petulance and skill is skill,lets not get the two confused..we need points on sunday and like him or not Balo can get us goals.

That would be a valid point if he'd proved himself able to score against the top clubs in England.

We've beaten Chelsea three times in a row by playing a certain way. There's no reason to change that now.

We havent seen him against a top club yet,thats the thing..He should be sent out to prove to himself that he is worthy of the City shirt,which i believe he is.
Petulance can be controlled and got rid of,he has natural talent and many other fans can see past the man and see the potential. so can I.

masterwig said:
samharris said:

Without checking my programme has he actually been available to play against any of them yet? Chelsea will be his first chance, it would be silly to leave him out of the squad altogether and leave our striking options as a knackered Tevez and an equally unproven (at Prem level) Dzeko.

lancs blue said:
masterwig said:

Without checking my programme has he actually been available to play against any of them yet? Chelsea will be his first chance, it would be silly to leave him out of the squad altogether and leave our striking options as a knackered Tevez and an equally unproven (at Prem level) Dzeko.

Not been available as of yet..

Timmmmahhhh said:
I love him!!

Lots!!

Me too! He was only getting the dude back for his foul on Richards, that shows initiative in my book.

He's super-entertaining, and I'll forgive him anything.

And I still can't believe that you can sent off for trying to injure a fucking Ukrainian.

I haven't been able to read all of the posts so I apologise if I am repeating the points others have made.

I am not going to condone what Balotelli did last night. There's no excuse for being so stupid. However, I think that it was complete and utter stupidity rather than a malicious, deliberately dangerous attack on a player. Still, Mancini clearly has to find a way of stopping him from doing this.

I may be in the minority but I still want to give him a chance as I think he has too much potential to give up at this point. Mario, I think, is subject to a slightly unfair level of criticism. A certain Wayne Rooney does similar things on a regular occasion and is supposedly older and wiser. Whilst everyone was up in arms about his elbow the other week, the media reaction was mild in comparison to the way Mario is being treated. It is my opinion that what Rooney did was far worse as it certainly seemed to be done very deliberately and with the sole aim of elbowing the opposition player. That was not stupidity, it was calculated (shocked I am crediting Rooney with even a modicum of intelligence).

Last night I was really proud of the rest of the players and the effort they put in but it is worth pointing out that Carlos - I can do no wrong - Tevez also got himself a needless and really rather stupid booking. He's the captain and should not be getting himself booked for dissent. He was one silly tackle away form also seeing red. Just in case anyone thinks I am having a go at Tevez, I thought his effort last night was superb, I am merely making a point about the lack of consistency in the way we sometimes react to our players.

ST Coleridge said:
Timmmmahhhh said:
I love him!!

Lots!!

Me too! He was only getting the dude back for his foul on Richards, that shows initiative in my book.

He's super-entertaining, and I'll forgive him anything.

And I still can't believe that you can sent off for trying to injure a fucking Ukrainian.
Popov is Macedonian.

lancs blue said:
masterwig said:

He could have played in the first derby of the season but guess what? He was suspended for another stupid red card.

I don't trust him at all. He's been sent off a couple of times and subbed off before he could get himself sent off three or four times too.

I'd rather play a tired Tevez who is proven against the likes of Chelsea and is low risk than an unproven gamble like Balotelli who is unlikely to complete 90 minutes. One up front is the way to go.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:22 pm --<br /><br />
Blue-Blood said:
Last night I was really proud of the rest of the players and the effort they put in but it is worth pointing out that Carlos - I can do no wrong - Tevez also got himself a needless and really rather stupid booking. He's the captain and should not be getting himself booked for dissent. He was one silly tackle away form also seeing red. Just in case anyone thinks I am having a go at Tevez, I thought his effort last night was superb, I am merely making a point about the lack of consistency in the way we sometimes react to our players.

Good point. Yaya Toure also got a stupid booking for throwing the ball away I think. I don't mind players getting booked for mistiming a tackle but dissent is just a needless thing. I hope both players were given a stern talking to afterwards.

Rooney did something far worse and with real bad intent, Mario did something stupid . One an established name and full time rag got nothing, the other some young player making a name for himself got punished. Rashness aside, this is just another example of football bollocks. So, get of the kids back, we we're 2 goals down from the first leg because of some crap defending and as for the miss, how many goals has Torres got for Chelsea so far? This witch hunt is typical of city fans, who always seem to need to have a City player that they can pick on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.