Balotelli [MERGED]

Article in the Mail
-------------------

Manchester City's maniac Mario Balotelli is certainly no King Eric...
By Des Kelly

The first thing we should say about Mario Balotelli is that he is not and, in all likelihood, will never be the new Eric Cantona.

The raw ability is there and he has certainly acquired a knack for kung-fu kicks, but it is not enough. Balotelli lacks the one quality that makes any comparison redundant. He does not have Cantona's intelligence.

Balotelli's supporters say he will grow out of his maverick streak one day, just like Manchester United's iconic Frenchman. But if he cannot summon the wit to pull on a training bib,it is fair to assume Balotelli might not be astute enough to make the most of his natural gifts.

Don't take my word for it. Ask the people who have worked with him; people like Jose Mourinho.

If I had to pick a manager to weigh up the good and bad in a footballer and assess whether their talent compensated for any character failings, Mourinho would be that man.

The Real Madrid coach - formerly at Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan - cultivates great loyalty from his playing staff because he knows when to put an arm of encouragement around a shoulder and when to apply a boot to a pampered backside. His gift for man management is renowned.

But back when he was in charge at Inter, even Mourinho could not cope with Balotelli's tantrums and contemptuous breaches of professionalism.
It took six months for him to suspend the player. Eight months later, after endless disputes, missed flights, late arrivals at training camp and even an episode where he wore the shirt of rivals AC Milan on national TV, Balotelli threw his Inter jersey down at Mourinho's feet when he was substituted.

The coach took City's handsome cheque and guided a player he described as 'unmanageable' through the exit door, adding a typically pithy postscript that seems to resonate more and more with each passing week.
'Balotelli has one brain cell,' he said.
Manchester City found out what happens when that solitary, overworked neuron goes on strike when he put his studs into a Dynamo Kiev player, stamping the life out of his club's European campaign.
As if that were not foolish enough, he was pictured apparently confronting visiting fans in the middle of the road on his way home.

Stupid doesn't even cover it, and any apology cobbled together by agents and PRs on the club website cannot make amends.

Gianfranco Zola, another who has coached Balotelli with the Italian Under 21 squad, says: 'Everything is in place except self-discipline. Mario does not have self-control.'

Even Roberto Mancini - his manager at City, who introduced Balotelli to the Inter side at 17 and knows him like no other - branded his actions 'stupid' and said he will drop his £23million striker for the vital game at Chelsea on Sunday.

Funny that. Roll back 12 months and Mourinho was dumping Balotelli from his Inter side facing Chelsea in Champions League for his 'terrible attitude'. Nothing changes.

But it was all supposed to be better in England, away from the history of conflict in Milan and the undercurrent of racist abuse he suffered from a section of the fans.

Managers always think they can change a player. The excuse is that their excesses need to be indulged because there is a fine line between genius and madness.

If so, someone better tell Lionel Messi he needs to smash up a hotel room or two before the cliche becomes completely worthless.

At least Cantona grew to understand that he had to change. It took the threat of jail and an eight-month ban for it to happen, but he always had something more to offer on and off the pitch.

Is there much to Balotelli beyond an instinctive talent burdened with a huge chip on his shoulder?

On Friday at Eastlands they will have rewound the footage of his idiotic lunge and asked the all-important question: Is he really worth it? Is Balotelli the sort of player a club with unlimited resources and unlimited ambition should be trusting?

Or has his upbringing, the fact his parents put him up for adoption at the age of one, and the way everyone has told him how great he is throughout his formative years as a player, conspired to create a character who is irredeemably damaged goods?

Right now, he looks a loan deal waiting to happen. He looks like a player searching for something; only he has no idea what that might be.
Balotelli looks like a player who will never feel at home the way Cantona did at Old Trafford.

It may be small consolation to them right now, but the winners of an epic Champions League draw could well be two teams that were not in the pot - Arsenal and Manchester City.

While Chelsea and Manchester United prepare to trade blows in their heavyweight quarter-final and Tottenham prepare for the dazzling contest against Real Madrid, those domestic battles will be even more of a strain and the bystanders can take advantage.

Arsenal have nothing left to aim for but a title. While City must now fancy their chances of sealing that top-four place ahead of Spurs in the scramble for Champions League qualification. I'm predicting nothing other than I can't wait to see it all unfold

rickmcfc said:
samharris said:
But now has come out and admitted it which for me is a start..Now he has nailed his colours to the mast its down to him,fuck up again then everyone will then know he's a lost cause..
Imagine him as the alcoholic who has taken the first steps by going to the AA meeting,standing up in front of everyone and saying " my name is mario and im an alcoholic".. I think he deserves one last chance is all,no ones perfect by any means but people do change..But only if they want to..lets see.

He's said he needs everybody's help...that means us..would you deny him one last chance ??

SO are you admitting that this is his last chance, or was the last chance, his last chance??? It does not matter if you give the guy 100 more chances, he will fuck up 101 times. The guy is a nob mate, im sorry but that is the truth. He is clearly not all there in the head, i think he is actually ill.

So you think someone thats ill and not right in the head is a knob... ??

Although I'm not a supporter of Balotelli, Des Kelly has forgotten all the problems Cantona had before he arrived in England.

I hope the guy reads all the negative press and he comes off the bench tomorrow and plays a blinder. However I doubt it!

samharris said:
rickmcfc said:
SO are you admitting that this is his last chance, or was the last chance, his last chance??? It does not matter if you give the guy 100 more chances, he will fuck up 101 times. The guy is a nob mate, im sorry but that is the truth. He is clearly not all there in the head, i think he is actually ill.

So you thing someone thats ill and not right in the head is a knob... ??

In his case yes i do. Just look at the things he has done previous. Most people will one day take a look at themselves and think "i have been fucking stupid and i need to do something about it" he just carries on regardless without a care for anyone else. Look at the incident of him stopping in the middle of the road and confronting fans. You just dont do that ffs. If this guy played for United you would be slating him full stop. He is a liability and something we can do without.

cookster said:
Although I'm not a supporter of Balotelli, Des Kelly has forgotten all the problems Cantona had before he arrived in England.

I hope the guy reads all the negative press and he comes off the bench tomorrow and plays a blinder. However I doubt it!
Rose tinted spectacles where cuntona is concerned. He only ever managed it with one club, no one else could manage him - so Kelly can fuck off with that one. I will give Balotelli more time yet - he did cost us the other night, but if he sticks the ball in the back of the net on 16 Apr for the winner, I'll forgive him.

rickmcfc said:
samharris said:
So you thing someone thats ill and not right in the head is a knob... ??

In his case yes i do. Just look at the things he has done previous. Most people will one day take a look at themselves and think "i have been fucking stupid and i need to do something about it" he just carries on regardless without a care for anyone else. Look at the incident of him stopping in the middle of the road and confronting fans. You just do that ffs. If this guy played for United you would be slating him full stop. He is a liability and something we can do without.

If he is ill and not right in the head then he cant just stop...have you really thought about about what you're saying mate.. He needs "HELP" and hes asked for it...with the help things could be a lot better with him and he could come good.. thats all im saying..and im the sort of person to want that for him..if you're not then so be it..

samharris said:
rickmcfc said:
In his case yes i do. Just look at the things he has done previous. Most people will one day take a look at themselves and think "i have been fucking stupid and i need to do something about it" he just carries on regardless without a care for anyone else. Look at the incident of him stopping in the middle of the road and confronting fans. You just do that ffs. If this guy played for United you would be slating him full stop. He is a liability and something we can do without.

If he is ill and not right in the head then he cant just stop...have you really thought about about what you're saying mate.. He needs "HELP" and hes asked for it...with the help things could be a lot better with him and he could come good.. thats all im saying..and im the sort of person to want that for him..if you're not then so be it..

Lets just wait and see when he next fucks up. He has already cost us the Europe Cup, whats next, finishing 4th, FA Cup Semi??? If he needs help then he needs to be taken out of the team and squad, and go and get help. If it was serious this is what would happen, but it wont. He will continue to wear the city shirt and make mistakes, silly ones at that. We cant carry people on the journey we are on, we are not a charity, we are a football club that HAS TO finish 4th this year for a number of reasons, and with people like Balotelli, he will, and has several times, hinder our progress. I would love him to take a few months out, go and get proper help, then return to show us the player that he is.

rickmcfc said:
^^^^^^^^^^^Great article and i agree 100%^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you are gonna eat your words mate.............

cant beleive how utterly crap city supporters can be.......

balo will shut all you moaners up...........

zola also said that he can be as good as he wants to be...

instead of providing the platform for that,you guys are pushing him out.....

come on guys... get behind the lad...... he is the best youngster out there...
just show your love for him... he hasnt experienced that in his life........

he is beginning to understand that in manchester... dont let him down at this crucial moment.........

albindgreat said:
rickmcfc said:
^^^^^^^^^^^Great article and i agree 100%^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you are gonna eat your words mate.............

cant beleive how utterly crap city supporters can be.......

balo will shut all you moaners up...........

zola also said that he can be as good as he wants to be...

instead of providing the platform for that,you guys are pushing him out.....

come on guys... get behind the lad...... he is the best youngster out there...
just show your love for him... he hasnt experienced that in his life........

he is beginning to understand that in manchester... dont let him down at this crucial moment.........

Your post clearly shows why you have no idea what your on about. We ar enot crap supporters, but how many times do we have to forgive this guy and say its his last chance? Zola says this, Zola says that, Mourinho cant work with him, and judging by his actions over the past 7 months nor can Mancini. Yes he can be as good as he wants to be, but he has big obsticles in his way, HIMSELF! When he puts on the blue shirt i will support him, but do i want him to ut the blue shirt on anymore, no way, he is a total liability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.