Balotelli [MERGED]

Blue Mooner said:
Oh my god ! Just watched that it was something and nothing that player has done him ! Yes he leaves his foot in a bit but he bends his leg and their guy goes over like he's been karate kicked.

I have a lot more sympathy for Balo having watched that. He just has to watch himself as clearly he is a target for these things.

That has made me even more mad at our 'fans' reaction to the sending off.

Whose fault is that???

-- Mar 17th, '11, 23:05 --

Skashion said:
McNair9 said:
If Rooney did that against one of our players, everyone here would be calling for his head. Also, if Balo played for someone else and did everything he has done in a city shirt for someone else, most if not all on here would be blasting him.
Yes, but that's because it's Rooney. If his name is De Jong it's for the Netherlands, we laugh about it and make amusing gifs.

But i don't recall anyone defending De Jong like some are with Balo

Re: Mario Bib-otelli

Didn't see the foul while i was at the game but about to watch it but christ. I think he can be a fantastic player but it seems he's always going to have this mad streak to him and i'm not sure if he'll ever change. Until he can knuckle down and fight for his place and keep his head together he just has no place at this club.

I'm all for having a character in the dressing room and a player like him can win games single handedly sometimes. I mean Zidane and others were mad as houses but still they applied themselves on the pitch and though being mad they still showed their genius where it mattered. If the lad is going to get sent off every game and contribute nothing but the odd goal he just can't be allowed to be here like it's some kids club, as Bobby Manc said we could of won it tonight with 11 men and no matter what side of the coin you see this he potentially cost us a place in the quarter final and that's just simply unacceptable for what we want to achieve.

Re: Mancini: Mario Will Not Be In The Squad For Chelsea

I'm usually the first to defend the guy but there's no excuses for tonight, Don't want him playing against chelsea.

What is annoying me most about the whole Balotelli debate is the underlying assumption that he's got the skill and ability to be one of the best players in the world. I think a lot of this comes from the fact he is so mercurial/uncontrollable that we all want to believe that as soon as this side of his game is tempered the sky is the limit.

He's undoubtedly got a lot of talent and could be in the top 100 but I'm fed up of the ooohhs and aaahs everytime he side foots it in against Aston Villa U19s or whatever. I've been guilty myself of this but when you miss a sitter from a few years out in a game where it REALLY maters it's hard to keep saying it with a straight face - nevermind the sending off.

Yes he's very good technically, but is his touch as good as Silva's - no. Yes he's a decent poacher but Carlos is better. Yes he does hit the odd good long shot but so does Matt Taylor.

When SWP takes a ball beautifully under control and releases the fullback with an inch perfect pass, which sometimes he does (or used to do), do we or cream ourselves? No, we wait till he puts in a shit ball and then pounce on him. Balotelli makes a shit pass or completely miscontrols a simple ball and we put it down to lack of discipline or something.

Maybe we should stop going mental when he takes one of his cheeky penalties or gets a shot on target. I know he's got a very impressive goal/games ratio but he's not Ronaldo ffs and probably never will be. Just saying....yes Damocles I'm talking to you :P

Balotelli, where do you begin?

This forum isn't big enough.

This world isn't big enough.

City certainly isn't big enough.

And on that, I'm out.

bumbleblue said:
City Raider said:
or, that's exactly what he is doing

THIS, i think the incident tonight was a yellow not a red , he bends his leg to avoid going right through the bloke. They fucking dived , whined, time wasted every chance and the ref fell for all of it. He had the fucking card out of his pocket before he had chance to think.

I am in no way saying that Balotelli does not have some "interesting flaws" but he is such an easy target . Most of the people booked tonight were black as well (not that i am saying the ref was an overt racist!) . Mario is a spoilt child with so many people telling him he is the best etc etc, he must also be affected by the circumstances of his childhood and the shitty racist crap he has had to put up with . so can we just cut the kid a bit of slack ,, He needs to mature it may take him a little longer, lets give him to end of next season to hopefully see the best of him and give bobby time to work with him. Problems like Marios aren't solved quickly, needs maturity and that takes time.

I still think he should be given another chance. He's obviously got issues but his potential is limitless.

No force in it at all. The Kiev player has got him sent off with his ridiculous reaction.

But no need for Mario to make the challenge in the first place.

He needs to have a word with De Jong and learn how he dealt with the witchhunt that's developing here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.