Balotelli [MERGED]

Re: Mancini and Balotelli

SWP's back said:
Soulboy said:
To be honest, that was a lot quicker than I expected!

But at least you've covered your back so that if Mancini succeeds you can crow on here that the critics were all nobs... and if he fails you can come on and reluctantly agree that it's time for a change...

Populist? That doesn't even get close!

;-))

Quick? What are you on about. I have said it since before Christmas.

I don't think it will come to that though.

The thing is, I think we will get top 4 and the cup. If I am right, we will both be happy. If you are right, we will all be sad.I'd rather look at the positive though. I won't label Mancini's critics nobs though. We are all blues and no doubt all have the best for the club in our hearts, its just that we differ on our opinions of how we go about it.

As nothing will happen before the summer, I just don't see the point of undermining him during a crucial couple of months.

On that we fully agree...

pee dubya said:
The problem with Balo is obvious.

I think most people want to have patience with him, understand his temperamental nature, inconsistent performances. Anyone can see he has amazing ability and potential, worth persevering with.

The problem is i don't think many people believe he's going to be here very long.

It's a totally legitimate view point, why should we put up with all his petulance and ill-discipline, which is harming our season right now, if we're not going to reap the benefits of our investment for seasons to come?

This.
Am I the only one who can see a pattern developing here?
Mancini gives him a start and it either ends with him being withdrawn to prevent him from getting a second yellow/straight red,or he's hooked because he's having a 'mare after which he storms off straight down the tunnel in disgust.How are we supposed to keep a player like this "happy"?
I've supported him from day one,but it is becoming increasingly obvious that he is a car crash in waiting.We simply don't need a player of this sort at this stage of our development,he is not a team player.

masterwig said:
I hope that behind closed doors Mancini has the bollocks to give his pet project an almighty bollocking. He let us down big time last night and not for the first time either. The kid is a liability at the moment and I wouldn't be at all unhappy if he didn't play again for the rest of the season.

If he is going to continue to be this complete bellend he needs to justify it with some big performances in big games. His strike rate is reasonable but he only shows flashes of brilliance and they have been pretty much all against clubs you'd expect us to beat anyway.

Last night's contribution was to miss a sitter, block a Silva shot and then stupidly get himself sent off with a daft and petulant kick out. It's simply not good enough. I hear people moan about Dzecko but at least he has a brain in his head and isn't a serious risk of the red card every time he steps onto the pitch.

I've read people on here saying Balotelli would definitely play in the semi if they were manager. Well thank fuck these people aren't manager. It's our biggest game in years and the atmosphere will be intense, there's no way we should risk playing with ten men because of this lunatic.

Its really not his fault he hasn,t played any big games for us.he,s been injured.

Utd may be our biggest game in years and, as you say and the atmosphere will be intense but when all is said and done its an fa cup semi final... Mario has already played in a champions league final and the Milan derbies.The intensity/importance of a match is not really the issue here.

He,s got to sort himself out,thats a given but theres no point us taking our best striker out of the firing line now.he,s our player,he,s fit,theres no fatigue issues as he hasn,t played enough games,he,s shown he can score goals -we have to play him against chelsea and utd and aim to win those games.

We need all hands on deck for the final quarter of the season.there is much to play for.If chelsea can still win the league where does that leave us?? we are 7 pts off the top of prob the most difficult league in the world.with 25% of the season to go.Mario has as many goals as Drogba,Nani,Malouda,Bale,Carroll and Walcott..all big name players essential to their clubs,why the fook should we discard Mario now?.Play him every game,judge his contribution at the end of the season.

Re: Mancini and Balotelli

Soulboy said:
SWP's back said:
Quick? What are you on about. I have said it since before Christmas.

I don't think it will come to that though.

The thing is, I think we will get top 4 and the cup. If I am right, we will both be happy. If you are right, we will all be sad.I'd rather look at the positive though. I won't label Mancini's critics nobs though. We are all blues and no doubt all have the best for the club in our hearts, its just that we differ on our opinions of how we go about it.

As nothing will happen before the summer, I just don't see the point of undermining him during a crucial couple of months.

On that we fully agree...
and the rest you dont?

Blue Mooner said:
Blue-Blood said:
I haven't been able to read all of the posts so I apologise if I am repeating the points others have made.

I am not going to condone what Balotelli did last night. There's no excuse for being so stupid. However, I think that it was complete and utter stupidity rather than a malicious, deliberately dangerous attack on a player. Still, Mancini clearly has to find a way of stopping him from doing this.

I may be in the minority but I still want to give him a chance as I think he has too much potential to give up at this point. Mario, I think, is subject to a slightly unfair level of criticism. A certain Wayne Rooney does similar things on a regular occasion and is supposedly older and wiser. Whilst everyone was up in arms about his elbow the other week, the media reaction was mild in comparison to the way Mario is being treated. It is my opinion that what Rooney did was far worse as it certainly seemed to be done very deliberately and with the sole aim of elbowing the opposition player. That was not stupidity, it was calculated (shocked I am crediting Rooney with even a modicum of intelligence).

Last night I was really proud of the rest of the players and the effort they put in but it is worth pointing out that Carlos - I can do no wrong - Tevez also got himself a needless and really rather stupid booking. He's the captain and should not be getting himself booked for dissent. He was one silly tackle away form also seeing red. Just in case anyone thinks I am having a go at Tevez, I thought his effort last night was superb, I am merely making a point about the lack of consistency in the way we sometimes react to our players.

That Blue-Blood is an extremely rational and well considered post.

If only some of our fellow blues could be so rational and consider his footballing ability and not want to hang and flog the bloke who at the end of the day is only 20 years old.

I was going to come on and post it last night but thought I would get too wound up by all the other posts and figured a bit of cooling down time was needed.

Just think some fans have become so impatient and seem to constantly need a scapegoat. I believe we will get there, if we just give them a bit more time. I've waited all my life so a bit longer won't matter that much!

Blue-Blood said:
Just think some fans have become so impatient and seem to constantly need a scapegoat. I believe we will get there, if we just give them a bit more time. I've waited all my life so a bit longer won't matter that much!

Maybe some fans yeah, but for me, even if we'd gone on to win the game he'd still be a f*cking idiot.

dennishasdoneit said:
Its really not his fault he hasn,t played any big games for us.he,s been injured.

Utd may be our biggest game in years and, as you say and the atmosphere will be intense but when all is said and done its an fa cup semi final... Mario has already played in a champions league final and the Milan derbies.The intensity/importance of a match is not really the issue here.

He,s got to sort himself out,thats a given but theres no point us taking our best striker out of the firing line now.he,s our player,he,s fit,theres no fatigue issues as he hasn,t played enough games,he,s shown he can score goals -we have to play him against chelsea and utd and aim to win those games.

We need all hands on deck for the final quarter of the season.there is much to play for.If chelsea can still win the league where does that leave us?? we are 7 pts off the top of prob the most difficult league in the world.with 25% of the season to go.Mario has as many goals as Drogba,Nani,Malouda,Bale,Carroll and Walcott..all big name players essential to their clubs,why the fook should we discard Mario now?.Play him every game,judge his contribution at the end of the season.

You make a few good points but I don't see how you can say he's our best striker. Most naturally talented perhaps but that certainly doesn't equate to being the best. Tevez is our best forward because his attitude is spot on and he's proven himself at City. We've beaten Chelsea three times on the trot without Balotelli. Why do we suddenly need him?

And he could have played in a big game before. United at home in the league but he was suspended for another daft red card. It's his own fault he didn't get that opportunity.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8389929/Manchester-Citys-Mario-Balotelli-unable-to-dress-himself.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... mself.html</a>

Sorryt if submitted already. It would be funny if it actually was not probably true. The big question is who ties his laces for him.

Well we should be grateful for small mercies..at least the Manchester turf doesnt give allergic reactions (or was it the cold?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.