Bayern Munich v MCFC Post match Discussion thread

need dejong back, toure useless as a holding mid, more life in a tramps vest, get him higher up the pitch

Just watching it again on Sky, this time with the English commentary. Bit easier on the nerves than watching it the first time !
As I said last night I think City started well and kept us off balance for the first twenty minutes before we settled and gradually got into the game.
Then we started to control things, the second half I couldn't see City getting back into it tbh and we should have scored one or two more.
All in all I'm very very happy with the result and the performance apart from the first 20 minutes or so.
Ribery was fantastic, Basti and Toni Kroos were class too, Gomez showed why he's one of the top finishers in world football. I was hoping Heynckes would bring Robben on 10 or 15 minutes earlier as he would really have worried City on the break but the trainer was obviously satisfied at 2-0.
Can't see us not qualifying now, the table looks great from our point of view. I hope all your lads that went over had a good time (apart from the result) and get back alright.

And I read people saying that bringing De Jong on calmed things down and everything...what calmed things down was bayern taking their foot off the gas, was that Gomes miss from two yards before or after the sub, I think it was after De Jong was subbed on...correct me if I'm wrong...

if bayern kept playing it could have easily been 4

Yaya_Tony said:
We've been saying all season our best is yet to come, cutting out Tevez as an option should galvanise us as a squad, make the players more sure of their role and hopefully lead to better overall play. We were dire tonight at times, but I don't think the blame lies with Bobby. The players are paid to perform. They didn't. But it is nothing to worry about. Let's just get rid of Tevez and move on like Bobby Manc wants us to. Any other obstacles we will cross when we come to them. We can still qualify.

For the record, I don't even think we played that badly tonight. If we'd played shit it could have been a lot worse.

Agree with most of that, but IMO City lost their shape in the 2nd half. Also, Tevez's refusal to play removed an attacking option so there was little opportunity to hold the ball up in their half.

As you say, we can't really blame the Manager if the team goes out (or in Tevez's case, doesn't) and falls short. Normally you can only play as well as the other team allows you to. Bayern are a very good team and I think that even if we had continued to play like we did in the first half hour or so we would still have found it difficult. The only positive about the 2nd half was that we didn't let any more in. I think it will be a lot different at our place in December, that is if the Group is still alive for us.

We need to draw a line under Tevez completely and move on as a squad without him.

At least Kolarov and Milner played reasonably well when they came on and Hart was immense. Mancini needs to realise that we can only afford Nasri or Silva on the pitch at any one time. We also need more width. Now is the time to introduce Savic to regular football as Kolo and Lescott are simply not good enough. Squad players, yes...but that's all.
We can still qualify if we beat Bayern in the return fixture by which time their place as Group winners should be already secure.

We're not on the level of Bayern yet and unfortunately had to realize that the hard way.

Tevez is a grade A **** and might as well retire on the spot - who the fuck would consider buying him after a misbehaviour of this magnitude? He's being payed millions of Pounds and refuses to get on the freaking pitch because he felt Mancini disrespected him by not bringing him in first? The fuck is this? This idiot is a genuine degenerate.

Breadsnapper said:
Thought the main problem was we gave the ball away too easily which meant it just kept coming back putting the defeence under pressure.
Gave away to very poor goals, it can't be right when your keeper makes two world class saves for each of the goals.
Where were also just poor other than the first 30 minutes and didn't work anywhere near hard enough.
Thought the ref was poor, some of decisions???????????? Two fouls in the box, no pen? Challenge for the ball, free kick to bayern?
I can now see why the subs where made, I'm asuming it kicked off at half time hence the complete lack of interest/distraction.
Hopefully the little bastard will never play for us again or for any other club for that matter. He will have plenty of time to see his family now.

-- Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:41 am --

bosanka said:
Joga Bonito said:
This isn't FIFA buddy, you can't just throw in extra attackers and think that's going to change the game. If you could every manager would play with 6 or 8 up front.

Get ready to be smashed at the Etihad, your team will be really cocky

I never said that the sub should have been defense out offense in. it was taking out the center forward and bringing on a DM. and at that point, you already know (you've been told at half-time, when he refused to warm up) you won't have anyone to replace the forward you took out. so you've either decided to try and maintain -2, or you believe the team who haven't shown anything in the past 20-30 minutes can score from midfield.

oh, and also... who are 'my cocky team' anyway?
Righto fuckwit, DE jong on to steady the ship as we were getting over run. The idea was then to bring on "he who cannot be named", but seeing that "he who cannot be named" wouldn't play it kind of fucked up. We did not play well and the better team on the night won, but if that is the best you have when we finally hit form you are fucked. There was nothing in your team that I thought was special as we were our own undoing. We can also do what we want when we're getting protection from the referee as it seemed even fair tackles earned you free kicks.
As I say best team on the night won, so well played.
I would have liked to have progressed beyond the group stage but if it doesn't happen I can live with that. It is a huge learning curve

why thank you for the kind words dear sir. and as to your impression I'm a bayern supporter, I really, really, really don't know how you came to that. I respect bayern as they should be respected, I admire their discipline, but I don't and never have supported them. you're silly.

Ntini77 said:
Much like last season, our reaction to going a goal behind was awful.

Our second half performance was embarrassing.
exactly, look at the team who played united they fought back hard and kept united on their toes.Compare that too us we acted like pussys and gave up at 1-0 fucking terrible,and now they will get paid millions this week for that, they should all get half their wages. (except hart)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.