Bellamy's been banned from the club

I am also of belief that Ireland was given a chance to prove his worth and stay around, yes.

Same goes for Jo. Who I think out of them three, might have actually managed it... Unbeliveable as it may be.

Anyway, I bid my adieu for now from the topic, as the office closes in 5 min.. I'm guessing by the time I get home, this discussion will be buried deep under tens of pages:).

[well done city Ive had enough of him moaning to the press ,I know he`s A good player but it`s not worth all the hassle keeping players like him

Dhenry said:
I am also of belief that Ireland was given a chance to prove his worth and stay around, yes.

Same goes for Jo. Who I think out of them three, might have actually managed it... Unbeliveable as it may be.

Anyway, I bid my adieu for now from the topic, as the office closes in 5 min.. I'm guessing by the time I get home, this discussion will be buried deep under tens of pages:).
both ireland and bellamy should be above Jo in the pecking order

squirtyflower said:
GStar said:
Ireland flew out and played... ask Billy if the club had any plans of keeping him this season.
billy's already posted that bellamy was offered to wolfsburg in june
doesn't tally with the idea of a chance to prove himself on a late july tour!

Exactly mate, people re-writing history to suit their own views, rather than taking a balanced look at things.

Ireland was told a while back he most likely wouldn't be getting a squad number/had no future here. I've heard that from a numer of people i trust.

Neither Bellamy nor City will come of this whiter than white... but some refuse to accept that.

The difference between the treatment of Bellamy and Tevez is a reflection of a fact of life that's applied everywhere I've ever worked. If you p!ss off the boss but they rate you and want to keep you, then you'll get away with stuff; if you're someone they're happy to let go, the exit is usually pretty unceremonious.

The idea of taking Bellers aside and telling him he wasn't in the 25 several weeks ago, as suggested above, is nice in theory. I suspect, though, that Balotelli was earmarked as the replacement and they didn't want to shift Bellamy until the new player's arrival was certain. In other words, a degree of pragmatism was at play, which again isn't the best way to treat an employee but again it's totally typical in my experience for employers to put their own self-interest first.

The whole tread now seems to have descended into a blame game. Some slate the club, some slate the players. There's no doubt that there's fault on both sides, and while we can argue over where the majority of it lies, it seems rather futile to do so.

Having been undermined by the world being allowed to believe he was probably only here on a short-term gig, Mancini had problems with certain players that made it likely that he'd want rid of some of them this summer. In other circumstances, he may have been happy for them to be squad members this season, but I don't blame him for wanting to wash his hands of some of them. If I knew I could recruit quality replacements, I wouldn't want to build bridges with someone who'd said about me what Ned said about him on Soccer AM or who'd done what Bellamy has.

Unfortunately, especially if you're working under the pressure Mancini is, you need to be able to trust the people who work for you, and if they make clear that they think you're a c**t (as those two players have), that's very difficult indeed to do. As I said, you take a more pragmatic attitude with Carlos as he's much harder to replace.

Ultimately, both the manager and players are suffering because of the way Mancini's appointment was originally handled. I suspect players who disliked him felt emboldened to make it clear (I exclude Onuoha here - didn't his interview come after Bob was evidently staying) because they expected him not to stay, and maybe even thought they could make even more sure that he wouldn't.

The other point is that Mancini inherited a squad that had been assembled by a manager from a completely different football culture with a view to playing in a particular way. Having backed him very solidly in allowing him to recruit players intended to fit that style of play, they then bring in Mancini, who has a completely different way of preparing for and setting his team up for games. There were bound to be problems arising from this, especially mid-season and with Mancini allowed to make minimal acquisitions in the January window.

So all in all, if people want to blame someone, blame the club hierarchy for the backing of Hughes, then the abrupt reversal of policy. That's made an extremely difficult situation unavoidable this summer. There's room to criticise players, the manager and the CEO/Football Administrator for certain ill-advised actions, but the seeds were sown a fair while before this summer. All we can hope is that it's resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible. But I wouldn't be overly hopeful of that.

If anything positive emerges, it would be that the powers that be at the club might learn from an unhappy episode. And the criticism that's bound to follow, hopefully, will be used by the manager and his staff to galvanise the players who do remain.

Dyed Petya said:
The difference between the treatment of Bellamy and Tevez is a reflection of a fact of life that's applied everywhere I've ever worked. If you p!ss off the boss but they rate you and want to keep you, then you'll get away with stuff; if you're someone they're happy to let go, the exit is usually pretty unceremonious.

The idea of taking Bellers aside and telling him he wasn't in the 25 several weeks ago, as suggested above, is nice in theory. I suspect, though, that Balotelli was earmarked as the replacement and they didn't want to shift Bellamy until the new player's arrival was certain. In other words, a degree of pragmatism was at play, which again isn't the best way to treat an employee but again it's totally typical in my experience for employers to put their own self-interest first.

The whole tread now seems to have descended into a blame game. Some slate the club, some slate the players. There's no doubt that there's fault on both sides, and while we can argue over where the majority of it lies, it seems rather futile to do so.

Having been undermined by the world being allowed to believe he was probably only here on a short-term gig, Mancini had problems with certain players that made it likely that he'd want rid of some of them this summer. In other circumstances, he may have been happy for them to be squad members this season, but I don't blame him for wanting to wash his hands of some of them. If I knew I could recruit quality replacements, I wouldn't want to build bridges with someone who'd said about me what Ned said about him on Soccer AM or who'd done what Bellamy has.

Unfortunately, especially if you're working under the pressure Mancini is, you need to be able to trust the people who work for you, and if they make clear that they think you're a c**t (as those two players have), that's very difficult indeed to do. As I said, you take a more pragmatic attitude with Carlos as he's much harder to replace.

Ultimately, both the manager and players are suffering because of the way Mancini's appointment was originally handled. I suspect players who disliked him felt emboldened to make it clear (I exclude Onuoha here - didn't his interview come after Bob was evidently staying) because they expected him not to stay, and maybe even thought they could make even more sure that he wouldn't.

The other point is that Mancini inherited a squad that had been assembled by a manager from a completely different football culture with a view to playing in a particular way. Having backed him very solidly in allowing him to recruit players intended to fit that style of play, they then bring in Mancini, who has a completely different way of preparing for and setting his team up for games. There were bound to be problems arising from this, especially mid-season and with Mancini allowed to make minimal acquisitions in the January window.

So all in all, if people want to blame someone, blame the club hierarchy for the backing of Hughes, then the abrupt reversal of policy. That's made an extremely difficult situation unavoidable this summer. There's room to criticise players, the manager and the CEO/Football Administrator for certain ill-advised actions, but the seeds were sown a fair while before this summer. All we can hope is that it's resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible. But I wouldn't be overly hopeful of that.

If anything positive emerges, it would be that the powers that be at the club might learn from an unhappy episode. And the criticism that's bound to follow, hopefully, will be used by the manager and his staff to galvanise the players who do remain.

well said.

Kazzydeyna said:
alera said:
Having a good laugh and joke with the opposition manager after they knocked us out of the top 4. Really funny that fucking hilarious.

Some people really will try and defend the indefensible. There are even pictures of him doing it on this forum. in front of fans and the press.

Excellent post. He was great for us for quite a bit of last season but after the spurs game that was it for me.

Why do some people want to excuse this little wankstain??
Craig the club is bigger than you NOT the other way around. Now fuck off to that third world country you call home. Tosser.

oi cheeky cnut! lol

Dyed Petya said:

Excellent post.

I have to say that I am really sad that Bellamy has behaved in this way to a club that the supporters have always given him a great welcome when he has come on the pitch and I honestly feel let down by him. Hope he goes to Cardiff where we shan't have to meet up with him again, the downside is that we will have to re-name the dog as the kids called it Bellamy - good job its just a nodding dog from the City shop the grandkids got me at Christmas.

i know its impossible but we shouldnt take it so personally. craig was a fan favourite and he repaid that by giving 100% every time he played and would continue too if given the opportunity. his issue is obviously with the powers that be, and i for one think he deserves to be remembered fondly by the fans because he obviously didnt come here just for the pay day he wanted to finish his career at city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.