Boro Post Match thread

I was surprised at seeing Garcia on the team sheet but figured it was as good a time as any to throw some youth in, with Silva and Yaya out..... and I can't blame Pep for Garcia not playing well. We've been calling for youth all year so it's a bit rich to carve Pep up for doing it.

It's just out full backs/wing backs that need an upgrade. Ours are fucking dire, teams play narrow knowing it means Clichy and Navas will constantly fail to deliver into the box to our 5 foot nothing striker over and over and over again.

FA charge coming to Boro, Adam Clayton is a first class prick and I'd love the boot De Roon all over the pitch. Enjoy the Championship you mutant fuckers.
Oh and we were average...

As soon as I heard the team I said we`d struggle. And I dont me Garcia`s inclusion. we play 2 strikers and put Clichy and Navas in to give them their service or not.

fortunately Pep came to his senses and changed things early in the 2nd half

Last edited:
There's two very obvious things our team needs. One is someone to share Silva's creativity, the team is a pale shadow whenever he's missing. Two is someone to play Yaya's role.

Despite all the ranting our squad is nowhere near good enough. First XI is great and we have some cover at centre back and centre forward that's it. A couple of injuries and we're in trouble, plus we rarely have much options in the bench

Boro were up for it for a while and City weren't. Came back into it but it wasn't the best match. Aguero needs to start being less greedy. He's a great striker but he needs to really pass when players are in a better position. I'm usually screaming my ass off when he has the chance to put someone in on goal, and then tries to go through 2-3 bodies. It irks me. Gameplay hasn't been great recently. I think everyone would welcome the end of the season now. Top 3 and no injuries. I don't know how many times I can keep sighing during and after a match. Can only keep rooting for them.

Blue Moon...

many felt during Derby that Sane should be rested - check the match thread . He was .,,but perhaps a little too soon - get the goal First and then take him off if not performing as well as he should ?

Defence ball watching for 2 goals today . Man mark and risk is virtually nullified .

Players can be Knackered after Derby. Many on here have said as much

Missing key player like Silva is problematic - put Garcia in. But he didn't perform as well as we would like and Pep needs to make sure the lad doesn't take any blame onto himself . Can lose confidence.

Silva at 31 is staying - minimum 2 years ? Who else can you get as an advanced playmaker . Possibly our player of year ?? Consistent .

Changes formation yet again with the 3 at back - repercussions . No settled side . Players are creatures of habit .

Has to get some settled team only Sane, Silva, GJ , Aguero ,Stones and Our beloved Bravo are guaranteed a game every week . Bravo will improve but need another. He may stick with the current 2 goalkeepers next season. love him to go for Costa Rican -K Navas ( Real Madrid) who would definitely be unhappy at Real If they replace him with De Gea . Joe Hart anyone ?

Kompany if fit plays every 2nd game for sure . He will probably keep Ottomendi I think . Hope we get more defenders - Cb, RB, LB needed .

Midfield is another problem .
Kimmich to come in ? box to box defensive midfielder - gets odd goal as well and he's also central defender - pep's type of utility player . Only 22 .

Certainly 1-2 midfielders needed

Messi ? To come in as a Forward -am
I'm Dreaming ? Sanchez too?

Amazing we lost only 6 games when we won League in 2014 . Lost only 6 games so far this season . We are at 66 points and 4 to play . We only got 66 points total last season yet finished 4th!
If we had less draws more wins especially at home this season we would be in with a shout of title. More Goals needed too . There needs to be some fine tuning IMO.

Rest for a big game next week Get ahead of rivals hopefully

The first one I don't remember

If sterling gets a yellow or not so what it isn't game changing

Don't put your arm on someone simples

It wasn't a penalty the ref got it wrong. Simple fact no harm admitting it. Nothing changes

If you dont remember the first one, it's hard to think you were watching the game. He barged KDB over like it was a bar-room brawl. Also, Downing's handball was a stone dead penalty.

But for a disgraceful performance from a linesman we wouldn't have won capital cup, sterling clearly ran the ball out that night, no penalty today in my opinion all we do is look to blame officials, we Slag other clubs, we say oh peg just wants to hammer high balls into the box and oh klopp is this and that, but when pep does shit it's not him it's the team, but when other teams do it the manager is a fraud, make your minds up either the starting 11 are to blame or the manager? Because we can't slate other managers if it's the players

Apart from our being denied 3 stonewall penalties over the 2 legs, you might have a point

Is it really over 20 years since we won an away game after we were losing at half time ?

Correct but misleading stat which makes it appear we have no fight. How about WBA away a few years back - Milner sent off in the 1st half, we go 1-0 down in 2nd half but win 2-1 with a last minute Dzeko goal having played an hour with 10 men.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.