Bruno Guimaraes

That's my point, Forget trying to find a cover player for Rodri because there is no one out there, Pep has to learn and adapt without him, Phillips was not the answer and Bruno-Guimaraes is also not the answer, John Stones is the best at slotting in with a inverted fullback,
Guimaraes is the answer, he’s perfect as a Gundogan replacement playing alongside Rodri, finding space in attacking positions, think with us he’d get into the box and get some of the goals Gundogan got.. He’s better than Gundogan playing as a lone 6 to rest Rodri, pretty much how Newcastle have used him most of the time.

That's my point, Forget trying to find a cover player for Rodri because there is no one out there, Pep has to learn and adapt without him, Phillips was not the answer and Bruno-Guimaraes is also not the answer, John Stones is the best at slotting in with a inverted fullback,
He doesn't have to be as good as Rodri; no one is. But he needs to be good enough for Pep to trust him. I believe Bruno is good enough for that. PL proven, strong, creative, etc. Perfect fit.
Phillips couldn't do that and we are where we are with Rodri's backup situation now.

We did well with Haaland. We signed Reuben Dias for a good fee. Eddie was our number one choice in replacing Bravo. We decided to pay Villa £100m for Jack Grealish.

True Ray but we wouldn’t have got Haaland without the clause and the year before would t pay up for Kane when for one year we could spend what we wanted?

Stand-out players at another club can not make the jump up to the level and get found out.
I reckon you could say that about every single signing other than probably Haaland in the last decade.

Every signing is a risk. This one would be a lot less than many due to prior experience, stats and scouting reports I reckon.

When I watch Bruno Guimaraes, what I see is a search buckling Declan Rice with vision and technique.

I'm clearly more interested in an attacking midfielder personally. As I think creating more chances for Haaland is the key to our attack

But Bruno is a vibe. And might just be the outside the box addition that changes the equation.

Still we are going to need a flying Right Wing. One way or the other.

If we get Bruno and fire RW player, I believe we'd be ready to challenge Real Madrid with Mbappe. And perhaps beat back the Arsenal inevitable rise a few more years.

He doesn't have to be as good as Rodri; no one is. But he needs to be good enough for Pep to trust him. I believe Bruno is good enough for that. PL proven, strong, creative, etc. Perfect fit.
Phillips couldn't do that and we are where we are with Rodri's backup situation now.
I agree as if he can’t trust an 100 million central mid then we all might aswell go home . For the record I wanted this guy before the toon got him as he is quality and yes £100 million is alot but it’s not my money and we can afford so no problem .

I did not put him in the same bracket as Phillips, What I said was I think he's not at our level,
Stand-out players at another club can not make the jump up to the level and get found out.
That last part makes no sense - we've made loads of signings of stand out players from other clubs that have worked out.

Grealish, Gvardiol, Haaland, Rodri, Dias, Bernardo, Mahrez, Laporte to name but a few from Pep's reign.

Far more hits than misses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.