Car Crashes Into School

I've got 20 years on her and I know for certain that if I did that then I'd be hammering the brake a split second later. That said with modern anti collision systems wouldn't her car have automatically put the brakes on when it registered the 6 foot wooden fence? I've only had mine flash up the odd warning when a car or pedestrian has jumped out in front of me and I've then hit the brakes myself. Do they work?
20 years driving autos and last week I twatted the bins cos I had it in reverse instead of forward..

could be an auto and shes stamped on the accelerator by accident.

This is normally a trait of elderly drivers. I dealt with loads of impact damage claims arising out of this. I remember one in York where parking was nose on into a parade of shops and an old geezer driving an auto hit accelerator instead of the brake and went through a chemists shop front and ended up nearly exiting via the rear wall - how no-one was hurt or killed I never knew but the unit was pulled down and rebuilt as that was cheaper than repair. If she is only 43 its harder to understand - never forget in an auto the brake is more than twice the size of the throttle normally so should be easier to find

1688762181418.png

The question is do we actually need " SUVs "...yet another Americanism, for every day suburban life. They are big, granted, the Land Rover range look good as do a few others but that's just what they are....big, on the outside. I was in a Disco yesterday and it felt cramped, was in a new Defender also and not a lot of space. Great for round here in the sticks where most locals have the old Defenders and Jap pick ups for every day use, but for parking at Sainsburys or doing the school run, impractical. There are loads of ' smaller car derived vans ' out there with a lot more internal space and are far more practical. God I'm sounding like my dad....... The mrs can get more in her Peugeot Teepee than any 4x4 ( sorry, S U V ) I've been in.

The question is do we actually need " SUVs "...yet another Americanism, for every day suburban life. They are big, granted, the Land Rover range look good as do a few others but that's just what they are....big, on the outside. I was in a Disco yesterday and it felt cramped, was in a new Defender also and not a lot of space. Great for round here in the sticks where most locals have the old Defenders and Jap pick ups for every day use, but for parking at Sainsburys or doing the school run, impractical. There are loads of ' smaller car derived vans ' out there with a lot more internal space and are far more practical. God I'm sounding like my dad....... The mrs can get more in her Peugeot Teepee than any 4x4 ( sorry, S U V ) I've been in.

Thats it - a lot of them buy Chelsea tractors to emulate that country look. If thats the case they need to come out into the country - the rural community drive beaten up old Defenders and Japanese pickups. No farmer in their right mind spends £100k on a new Defender which has loads of gadgets to go wrong and to depreciate as fast as a piano falling out of a 25th floor of a building.

I remember when the Dacia Duster was launched 10 years ago and the rural mob were all over the base model 4x4 as it had 4 wheel drive few gadgets to go wrong and most importantly rubber floor coverings - put anything in it and it just hoses down.

A farmer a mile from me has 3 of them - diesels ( runs on red? ahem ) - all ageing and rusty BUT all three apparently cost less than £15k combined - thats what a farmer drives

Thats it - a lot of them buy Chelsea tractors to emulate that country look. If thats the case they need to come out into the country - the rural community drive beaten up old Defenders and Japanese pickups. No farmer in their right mind spends £100k on a new Defender which has loads of gadgets to go wrong and to depreciate as fast as a piano falling out of a 25th floor of a building.

I remember when the Dacia Duster was launched 10 years ago and the rural mob were all over the base model 4x4 as it had 4 wheel drive few gadgets to go wrong and most importantly rubber floor coverings - put anything in it and it just hoses down.

A farmer a mile from me has 3 of them - diesels ( runs on red? ahem ) - all ageing and rusty BUT all three apparently cost less than £15k combined - thats what a farmer drives
Haha....I have a client, a farmer and quite wealthy by all accounts, he has the beat up quad, the beat up defender and an old Citroen van but in a barn he has a Mini Cooper S, a Range Rover Vogue and a brand new Defender. He drives the beat up Defender with a bale of hay and 2 dogs in the back.

Absolutely right, most farmer dont like to spend money. One near me still has a working Fiat Panda 4x4 that he uses along side a series 3 Defender.

Absolutely right, most farmer dont like to spend money. One near me still has a working Fiat Panda 4x4 that he uses along side a series 3 Defender.

Most rural people I know can make a Defender last for ages - how they get them thru an MOT has to be seen to be believed - one guy used to come down out of the hills here in an early 90's Subaru estate that seemed to be held together with gaffa tape and NATO green Hammerite - not the guy to spend minimum £55k on a brand new one

Ive always said this. Very difficult terrain to navigate, all these tarmac roads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.