CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

In view of the lack of evidence and the tampering with the emails I find it hard to understand how uefa were not held liable for all legal costs as it essentially a malicious / false accusation by them, and also where the fuck the 10m fine is justified. Despite 'winning' we have been pretty severly punished and der spiegel / uefa get off.
City withholding relevant info meant the non-cooperation charge was more or less an open and shut case regardless of the reasons for it. I've no problem with that or the fine, the important part was getting the disguised equity charge cleared, that was an existential threat to the club's future. The media would have found something to run with even if we were cleared of non-cooperation.

Para.348 of the document states that City withdrew their initial request that UEFA pay all City's legal costs, this may have swayed CAS toward splitting the costs of the appeal hearing equally and leaving each party to pay their own incurred legal expenses.

That’s likely Franny but I know the Beeb bottle it when anyone criticises them for racial bias and FWIW I feel that’s integral to how our owner has been treated. I’ve already got fellow Blues in my Supporters Club Branch And mates on Twitter complaining to the BBC
A woke complaint may carry more weight( not having a go at oversize people, happy with their body shape).

I know exactly what happened and why mate, I'm just surprised, given the mitigating circumstances, that they still chose to fine us, I sincerely hope what PB has said proves to be correct.
We were fined because CAS doesn't like sports clubs not cooperating with sports bodies. Even when the sports body has clearly set up a kangeroo court led by a hanging judge. A minimal fine in the great scheme of things.

I've sent in my complaint to the BBC. I said among things that I am sick of them appeasing the fans of "favoured" clubs, and that their attitude to City smacks of racist bias against Arab Muslims. I also stressed we have been acquitted of the substantive charge, and that UEFA's case was feeble, while their processes were crooked and leaked like a sieve. I hope more of us will write in it only takes a few minutes.

We need to here from UEFA on how they are going to sort out their kangaroo investigation process, that pre investigation, was already leaking that we were going to be banned. Maybe we should have asked for a police investigation, as UK listed company accounts, and shown them the evidence?

Well that would have been finding City guilty for the same offence twice as Etisalat was dealt with in the 2014 judgement!
Actually it wasn’t dealt with in the Settlement agreement. One of the findings that City lost was that we stated this was all covered in the Settlement agreement so could not be raised again. CAS found that this was all new charges and so could be reviewed. If it hadn’t been longer than the Limitation period it was fair game.

Last edited:
We were fined because CAS doesn't like sports clubs not cooperating with sports bodies. Even when the sports body has clearly set up a kangeroo court led by a hanging judge. A minimal fine in the great scheme of things.

I think we all know what would have happened mate, I just think any right (and fair) minded person, which CAS as a body are supposed to be, would have seen the witch hunt for what it was once all the evidence was on the table, and would take that into consideration, maybe I'm more fair minded than most.

Exactly and rightly so. CAS has to believe UEFA work within the relevant laws and as the regulatory body they conduct investigations appropriately. If we didn't provide evidence we deserved a fine but in the grand scheme we had to play it that way as UEFA don't work impartially.

A great result for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.