Cavani Speculation/News 3 (or 4)

FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
What kind of partnership would he form with Dzeko

He'll be forming one with Aguero hopefully.
I meant Aguero. I had Dzeko on my mind because that was what he reminded me of.

If we're going off that game, we should be looking at Soldado. The player who Jonathan Pearce thought played for Athletico Madrid

In fairness, he touched the ball like twice. However, he lacked desire tonight IMO. Pressing Balotelli style when a player is only 10 feet away and your team hasn't had a sniff of the ball.....

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:

I meant Aguero. I had Dzeko on my mind because that was what he reminded me of.

If we're going off that game, we should be looking at Soldado. The player who Jonathan Pearce thought played for Athletico Madrid

As LC has explained,put Cavani in that Spain team and he'd blow your brains out.

Neville Kneville said:
What it does show is how a decent player can look all wrong if the team doesn't play in a way that suits him.

Cavani is better than Dzeko, but not by 30 million quid & Dzeko will probably score just as many goals for Napoli & possibly for City, under the right manager.
That's been exactly our problem with our strikers

Refused to play Balotelli down the middle

Played Dzeko without width and in front of tippy tappy footballers

But a really top striker should still look comfortable on the ball. Aguero and Tevez always do. Suarez did. I wouldn't pay £50m for Cavani on tonight's showing. We'd have to set up exactly right for him, and that would possibly compromise Aguero

However, I have seen him have great games for napoli.

Dangerous to go off a single game

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Real Madrid fw Morata, linked with Liverpool, has been expressively contacted by Benitez to move to Napoli, according to tomorrow Gazzetta

FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:

“It’s wrong to think I play without wingers. You can either play with a footballer that gets up and down, a wingback, or one that sticks to the wing. I ask for mobility.”

“I always try to give an attack mobility. It’s much easier for a defender to mark a static number nine. If he’s mobile the defender doesn’t know who to mark, where to position himself or what to do if he loses his position. So I’ve always insisted on this system.”

“My greatest achievement (in Spain) has been to obtain commitment from the players. Here everyone plays the same except Barcelona; we had to ensure commitment to the system because that is always very important to a coach.”

“To play well is to win. I’ve always said that. But you have to consider the manner in which you won. A pragmatic coach is someone who praises the team for time-wasting and drawing fouls and is not interested in the cohesion of the team. I respect that idea. But do I want to play like that? When I am asked about that footballing philosophy, I neither understand it nor do I accept it.”

“Logically, if you have a good defence you usually play well. I can understand why people praise that approach. “

”Tactical systems are useful, but not to win. They can be used to bring a certain mechanical quality to the play, but to win you clearly need the individual skills of the players you have inserted into the system. I personally think that tactics are intelligence applied to the game.”

“My idea is that you can put defenders, midfielders or even a forwards on the wings, the important thing is to occupy the space. You have to sacrifice a striker, but it is better with two attacking midfielders because they create more fluidity in attack.”

“The best way to do damage to an opponent is to get in behind them through runs from deep. But it is the team performance that wins matches, never the system.”

“The constructive part of the game should always be more important than the destructive part. I don’t like coaches who only play to achieve results. The game concepts related to the creation of good football and entertaining people are crucial to me. My players embrace these concepts and what happens is that end up enjoy playing football in any circumstances”

Think he will play only one Striker

LoveCity said:
nomorethaksintimes said:
Cavani did nothing and for the fee Napoli want, he should be - service or no service.

What exactly should have done? Please enlighten us. Should he have gone into his own half, collected the ball from the goalkeeper, and dribbled past the entire Spain team and scored?
Well that would have made him a believable £53m worth. It all comes down to £ per goal. If he can beat the goalie 1 on 1, slot penalties and do tap-ins, well so can others. The Napoli price-tag demands something extra. I'd rather see Pellegrini get the best out of what we currently have - remember the goal-scoring machines of 2011/12?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.