Cavani Speculation/News 3 (or 4)

Why Always Ste said:
Obviously the Blues throwing negative comments have never played upfront?

Put Cavani in the Spanish side tonight you'd be creaming in your pants.

Same applies with Dzeko.

Great players, they need the service.

Which is why I think we should keep Dzeko and set up for him

I'm increasingly coming round to this view and if we ended up with Cavani for 40m + Dzeko I think that would be an extremely risky move. Yes, Cavani is a great player but for the fee ADL wants he shouldn't be allowed to have bad games due to a 'lack of service' - he should be dropping deep and shooting/taking players on - that shouldn't be too much to ask for a 50-60m player.

Everyone has to remember our strike forces conversion rate was crap not just by the top team's standards but the rest of the league - they all underperformed. If there's even a marginal improvement in the quality of our finishing then we'll score a lot more goals - over to Pellegrini.

Napoli are one of the best counter attacking teams I've ever seen, the speed at which they hit us on the break was incredible, and Cavani was the main goal threat. He's scored bucketloads playing in that system.

City don't play like that, and although we are clearly adding more pace to the side this summer, I don't expect us to be a counter attacking team next season either.

The problem I and many others have with Dzeko is that while he might not be playing in a system that suits him, his footballing basics - touch, control, decision making, technique, let him down far too often.

I fear Cavani looks very similar in that respect, and you should demand more for 54m. Lewandowski for 30m less looks like an absolute steal.

Think of it like this- Cavani for 54m or Lewandowski AND Isco for 54m. It's a no-brainer.

1 major difference from Dzeko is Cavani actually has the pace to recover bad first touches hehe...

Cavani ain't stellar on the ball that's for sure...

True but Lewandowski wants Bayern

If we are going to play one upfront, perhaps we just stick with Aguero, and go for a Benteke or a young striker as cover.

The lack of service line has been Torres' slogan for the best part of 2 years. Cavani is a great striker, but I'm just concerned if he's one of those that needs the team built around him. Napoli have been doing that for a long time now. Either way I don't think he's worth the money they want. I would say the same about Lewandowski or Falcao. Only Messi or Ronaldo should be able to command that sort of money.

There are plenty of Strikers who can do a similar job to Cavani it has having an excellent scouting network that is an issue with City.

Shaelumstash said:
Lewandowski for 30m less looks like an absolute steal.

He'd be good value but he only wants to join Bayern and has already turned down Real Madrid (according to Sky Italy) and City (according to Duncan Castles and the Telegraph) so unlike Cavani, is impossible to sign. Once you look past these two there is a big drop in class available on the market right now (for goal scorers). Higuain is the next best thing but isn't as vogue as he used to be as he can be inconsistent and injury prone (back problems).

Marvin said:
True but Lewandowski wants Bayern

If we are going to play one upfront, perhaps we just stick with Aguero, and go for a Benteke or a young striker as cover.
I think we will play 1 traditional 9 up front (Cavani) since he likes to stay on the defensive line, and Aguero in his more lethal role as a marauding striker where he can pop out of nowhere to evade markings and carry the ball a bit more with those drives from midfield we've seen on rare occasions and for Athletico.

FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
He'll be forming one with Aguero hopefully.
I meant Aguero. I had Dzeko on my mind because that was what he reminded me of.

If we're going off that game, we should be looking at Soldado. The player who Jonathan Pearce thought played for Athletico Madrid

As LC has explained,put Cavani in that Spain team and he'd blow your brains out.
I completely disagree. Spain's possession two touch, movement, pass you to death style is not suited to Cavani at all. He's a battering ram, physical, quick old fashioned number 9.

Put Aguero in Spain's team and THAT would blow your brains out. So the solution is to get the players behind Aguero at City to play more like Spain! Isco would be great, shame we can't just spunk 200m to get Iniesta, what a player!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.