Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcfcliam said:
bluebannana said:
stimo said:
they're not doing that are they?! thats just a blatent copy of celtic, im actually dreading this.

there only ideas if they work they work if not then it doesnt matter. St pauli, barca and many other teams sing this, in no way is this copying celtic.besides most songs are copied.

Just give up. You'll have about 20 people at Hyde. No one will accept you in real life at Eastlands. You only have support on the internet.

No one wants to be told what to sing and when.

Are you just commenting without reading the thread? Or just picking and choosing what you want to listen too? No one is forcing you too sing! Go find another post dismal is on so you can bum up to him and try and look cool. You try and talk to us about knowing what fans are like? I've been to every game for the past 2 years, and had a season ticket for 13. I'm pretty sure I know a bit thank you.

stimo said:
BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
I would rather have great atmosphere than sit in silence.

If anybody wants to sit in silence that's fine but remember you are going to a football match to support your team, otherwise you can just watch it on TV.

People should not frown upon people who want to back there team vocally.

As people have said if we are laughed out of the stadium then something has gone very wrong with the Manchester City I love. If you laugh at someone for supporting Manchester City vocally then in my eyes you are not a true Manchester City fan.

If anyone wants to sing at city I applaud them not give them a filthy look that I have seen so many give to fans who try to start a song.

There is going to be a big backlash at this post no doubt as its controversial but it's all my personal opinion no one elses.
I'll support them but I'm just finding the european influence thing really cringey.

Maybe we can talk something through, what is it you don't like exactly I think I know where you are coming from. Maybe if we talk about what you don't like we can sort it out.

stimo said:
I'll support them but I'm just finding the european influence thing really cringey.

Maybe we can talk something through, what is it you don't like exactly I think I know where you are coming from. Maybe if we talk about what you don't like we can sort it out.

Personally I find European atmosphere's repetitive and a little bit boring. Granted when someone like Aris and Poznan turn up it's impressive but then again we're loud when we go away from home, everyone is. Ajax had a large block of ultras and their support was shit. Noise does not equate to atmosphere.

Getting a group of lads standing and singing together at games is one thing, have a "capo" and singing the same boring "ultras" songs is another.

stimo said:
I would rather have great atmosphere than sit in silence.

If anybody wants to sit in silence that's fine but remember you are going to a football match to support your team, otherwise you can just watch it on TV.

People should not frown upon people who want to back there team vocally.

As people have said if we are laughed out of the stadium then something has gone very wrong with the Manchester City I love. If you laugh at someone for supporting Manchester City vocally then in my eyes you are not a true Manchester City fan.

If anyone wants to sing at city I applaud them not give them a filthy look that I have seen so many give to fans who try to start a song.

There is going to be a big backlash at this post no doubt as its controversial but it's all my personal opinion no one elses.

Well it hasnt happened yet so I can't say if I like or do not like it. Tbh im more worried about a backlash from city fans and creating discontent amongst supporters. As someone else said, I really can't see the south stand obeying to a capo, they'd more than likely just tell him to fuck off. sad i know, but probably true. hope you lot prove me wrong though

The persistent sniping of DidsburyDave and mcfcliam are getting tiresome. I LOL'd at mcfcliam saying they would be laughed at in the south stand, it would be the first kind of emotion that section of the ground has shown in 3 years if they do laugh.

Good luck to you lads!

stimo said:
stimo said:

Well it hasnt happened yet so I can't say if I like or do not like it. Tbh im more worried about a backlash from city fans and creating discontent amongst supporters. As someone else said, I really can't see the south stand obeying to a capo, they'd more than likely just tell him to fuck off. sad i know, but probably true. hope you lot prove me wrong though

Tbh, the capo thing might be taken out of context. I think one or two guys startin songs so everybody else joins in is good and is pretty much what happens anyway. But I agree we're miles away from having some guy stood infront of the southstand leading the line. I think we should start with just a few new catchy songs,banners etc before things like capos are considered. Just my personal opinion. I just think it'll be good gettin everyone goin together rather than being directed.

Also, I think it'll be good giving the Dzeko and Yaya songs a good blast to get everyone settled before introducing the Kompany and Silva songs etc.

BlueHalli said:
stimo said:

Tbh, the capo thing might be taken out of context. I think one or two guys startin songs so everybody else joins in is good and is pretty much what happens anyway. But I agree we're miles away from having some guy stood infront of the southstand leading the line. I think we should start with just a few new catchy songs,banners etc before things like capos are considered. Just my personal opinion. I just think it'll be good gettin everyone goin together rather than being directed.

Also, I think it'll be good giving the Dzeko and Yaya songs a good blast to get everyone settled before introducing the Kompany and Silva songs etc.

Yeah what this guy said. Our plan will take a few years as it is long term, at the minute we just want to get a core group of people going to EDS matches so we can actually get a group together, Then after we do that for as long as it takes to get a decent number of people going we will move into the Etihad. But our aim is to not be in the south stand our aim is to be away from the away fans with our core group who want what we want then as time goes on more and more people will get tickets in the area we are as they want to sing and there you have it a singing area.

Obviously this will take years and a lot of effort t make people want to go to the EDS games but you don' have to worry about that's my job and the other organizers. All you have to do is turn up and sing.

I personally can't see the problem with the capo as its just someone starting a song like all song are started only its the same person. Some people have ridiculed the idea but at the end of the day it's just someone starting a song.

Every football Club in England has a capo. They just aren't called capos and don't face the crowd. Ignore/forget the word 'capo'.

danburge82 said:
Every football Club in England has a capo. They just aren't called capos and don't face the crowd. Ignore/forget the word 'capo'.

Yeah forget the word "capo"

anybody who starts a song at city is a "capo"

I think some people have taken it out of context.

BlueHalli said:
stimo said:

Yeah what this guy said. Our plan will take a few years as it is long term, at the minute we just want to get a core group of people going to EDS matches so we can actually get a group together, Then after we do that for as long as it takes to get a decent number of people going we will move into the Etihad. But our aim is to not be in the south stand our aim is to be away from the away fans with our core group who want what we want then as time goes on more and more people will get tickets in the area we are as they want to sing and there you have it a singing area.

Obviously this will take years and a lot of effort t make people want to go to the EDS games but you don' have to worry about that's my job and the other organizers. All you have to do is turn up and sing.

I personally can't see the problem with the capo as its just someone starting a song like all song are started only its the same person. Some people have ridiculed the idea but at the end of the day it's just someone starting a song.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.