Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
hi formerly blue banana :) cant believe that the club have done this they could have had atleast 1000 people supporting the team now they are gonna have no one.

part of me thinks they read this and looked at the citizens and dont want it to happen, which if true is awful and is the death of any fan movement of anything if not then I love you city ;)

KEEP GOING LADS JUST A LITTLE BLIP IN A LONG JOURNEY.

I doubt they've moved it to avoid you lot. The EDS matches are serious business and getting supporters to them is probably way down the list of priorities.

LoveCity said:
danburge82 said:
LoveCity said:
Probably pressure to get people to sit down, ShowSec were quite rabid in trying to get 109 to sit down at weekend only to be told to fook off by a majority.
3/4 of the ground are standing.

From my perspective only the South Stand and 109-111 are persistently standing. I'm in 107 at the cut-off point and have to sit down whenever we're not attacking while many 109ers stay up (ignoring stewards). Most of the stadium seems to be sat down normally unless we have a good scoring chance.
Sorry, I meant Ewan Fields.

liamctid said:
BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
liamctid said:
Fucking hell, those Palace fans wearing black hoodies and they get branded "thugs".

Those videos were quite good, however, I will give up my season ticket if we ever sing that "we love you" song.

why, do you also hate the "we love you city" song as well.

Im not keen on the palace songs lyrics for that song but they tune isn't bad.

It's just a load of bollocks. St. Pauli did it years ago and it's become the staple of Championship fodder.

I attended a quite high profile match on Wednesday night in the teams main end, and I have to say it was noisier than City. However, their songs aren't as good as ours.
Is it you whose best mate is a Chelsea fan? So was it a good atmosphere then? What stand were you in? I think they're alright for making noise, Chelsea, but as you say they don't have great songs and I always find the London accent to be not as good to listen to.

Their version of "you are my sunshine" where they go "wooooahh wooooahh wooooahh wooooahh....." is probably their best song.

danburge82 said:
liamctid said:

It's just a load of bollocks. St. Pauli did it years ago and it's become the staple of Championship fodder.

I attended a quite high profile match on Wednesday night in the teams main end, and I have to say it was noisier than City. However, their songs aren't as good as ours.
Is it you whose best mate is a Chelsea fan? So was it a good atmosphere then? What stand were you in? I think they're alright for making noise, Chelsea, but as you say they don't have great songs and I always find the London accent to be not as good to listen to.

Their version of "you are my sunshine" where they go "wooooahh wooooahh wooooahh wooooahh....." is probably their best song.

Yes Dan, my mate had a spare going on the free (and I've been known to be a bit of an ABU at times) in the Matthew Harding Lower Gate 13, which is there or thereabouts what my position is at the back of 117.

I must have heard "Champions of Europe, we know what we are" at least 40 times.

The MHL is basically the same as the South Stand, apart from it's closer to the pitch and there's more of a roof to let the noise travel. And there's not 3,000 people to the right of the goal supporting someone else.

It made me think that the mentality of the fans is a bit different too. If the chips are down with us, we don't have enough people who want to become the 12th man. We get too nervous because we've got this confidence complex. But I think with time that will change.

It was me that started the "shit Michael Jackson" song aimed at Nani by the way!

liamctid said:
danburge82 said:
liamctid said:

Yes Dan, my mate had a spare going on the free (and I've been known to be a bit of an ABU at times) in the Matthew Harding Lower Gate 13, which is there or thereabouts what my position is at the back of 117.

The MHL is basically the same as the South Stand, apart from it's closer to the pitch and there's more of a roof to let the noise travel. And there's not 3,000 people to the right of the goal supporting someone else.

It made me think that the mentality of the fans is a bit different too. If the chips are down with us, we don't have enough people who want to become the 12th man. We get too nervous because we've got this confidence complex. But I think with time that will change.

It was me that started the "shit Michael Jackson" song aimed at Nani by the way!

haha shit michael jackson

yeah our problem is the people that sing are next to the away fans. When they moved the Bayern Munich fans up to the top deck the ones that replaced them all looked like tourists and a lot of them weren't speaking English so the atmosphere was really bad and the songs from the east corner didn't spread across to the south stand and same for the opposite. But at one moment just before the games started we joined up for one song "we are not really here" and it was so incredibly immense and loud it was unreal.

also don't worry we don't intend to sing that song you mentioned earlier, if you have any song idea please tell us.

danburge82 said:
liamctid said:

agree 100% with this. class song

Just a reminder that the we are no longer going to the chelsea game as it has moved from Ewen fields in Hyde to platt lane.

Our first game is now the Juventus which is a ticket only so I would strongley suggest getting your ticket as fast as possible otherwise you will have to buy from the ticket office at the Etihad.

liamctid said:
danburge82 said:
liamctid said:

Haha, yeah I heard that!

I think our sharp rise to the top - less than 16 months ago we'd not even finished in the top three of the Prem yet and still hadn't won owt in 35 years - is sometimes forgotten by some, some would think we're an established top side but we're not. A proper top club mentality must take a good number of years and actual proof of continual success breeding belief; we simply haven't got yet. It all takes time.

I actually don't mind Chelsea as a set of fans. They're alright really.

danburge82 said:
liamctid said:
danburge82 said:

Haha, yeah I heard that!

I think our sharp rise to the top - less than 16 months ago we'd not even finished in the top three of the Prem yet and still hadn't won owt in 35 years - is sometimes forgotten by some, some would think we're an established top side but we're not. A proper top club mentality must take a good number of years and actual proof of continual success breeding belief; we simply haven't got yet. It all takes time.

I actually don't mind Chelsea as a set of fans. They're alright really.

Its Spurs fans I hate along with Everton fans and Newcastle fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.