Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Celtic tonight, Parkhead has that Champions League feel to the atmosphere. I'm yet to experience that at the Etihad. Where is it?

Yes, I know we went behind to Napoli and Villarreal, the Bayern game was against a second string and we were pretty much already out, and we wet behind to Dortmund and Ajax. But where is it all before the game? There's been no buzz around our ground before hand, there's no buzz in the stands before hand, the teams come out and we politely clap them then we all sit/stand and watch the game.

It's felt no different or important to the Europa League.

BlueHalli said:
In all fairness though, what do the BA actually do? They have been around for a while now and I cant see no real attempt in improving the atmos at our games. Do they just arrange coach trips to games etc? Not really havin a dig but we hear 'BA this and BA that' yet what do they do? Maybe they need to start doin more if they're this big official organised group?. Im all for what the Citizens are doin and I think some lads from the BA should take a look and start thinkin about goin the same way or even merging with the Citizens as I find the BA pretty pointless at the mo as far as improving atmos goes.

And round and round we go.

So what would YOU do differently then?

And what CAN you do with the restrictions that are there from the club, the police and the council.

why dont we make some quality catchy sons up with a good deep tone about our club or our city record it on a cd and get city to copy it and send it every season or blue card holder.

make city make a youtube channel just for city chants too

(just throwing my ideas into the hat)

liamctid said:
BlueHalli said:
In all fairness though, what do the BA actually do? They have been around for a while now and I cant see no real attempt in improving the atmos at our games. Do they just arrange coach trips to games etc? Not really havin a dig but we hear 'BA this and BA that' yet what do they do? Maybe they need to start doin more if they're this big official organised group?. Im all for what the Citizens are doin and I think some lads from the BA should take a look and start thinkin about goin the same way or even merging with the Citizens as I find the BA pretty pointless at the mo as far as improving atmos goes.

And what CAN you do with the restrictions that are there from the club, the police and the council.

Attempt to start new songs and promote them and, well, do what the Citizens are doin really. Try and get a group that can get together properly, spread the word, record some vids, start some of the songs off in variuos pubs before games, maybe get a block in low gate games like last night and other cup games.Numbers will grow and songs will spread. I think it could get to a stage where enough would be close enough in particular blocks where singing could start and the rest inbetween would join in. I think the BA are great but seemed to have hit a brick wall that they didnt attempt to get around. Like I say, I want both groups to work hand in hand as we're all one at the end of the day, we're all City fans. I go to many home games and wonder what is being done to improve the atmos as its gettin awful. I just think the Citizens are goin about it in a better way as far as atmos goes.

BlueHalli said:
liamctid said:
BlueHalli said:

Attempt to start new songs and promote them and, well, do what the Citizens are doin really. Try and get a group that can get together properly, spread the word, record some vids, start some of the songs off in variuos pubs before games, maybe get a block in low gate games like last night and other cup games.Numbers will grow and songs will spread. I think it could get to a stage where enough would be close enough in particular blocks where singing could start and the rest inbetween would join in. I think the BA are great but seemed to have hit a brick wall that they didnt attempt to get around. Like I say, I want both groups to work hand in hand as we're all one at the end of the day, we're all City fans. I go to many home games and wonder what is being done to improve the atmos as its gettin awful. I just think the Citizens are goin about it in a better way as far as atmos goes.
They do a lot of that already.

Pick the right pub before an away game and you'll see twenty lads singing none stop and loads of others joining in...that's the Blue Alliance.

rhinomcfc said:
why dont we make some quality catchy sons up with a good deep tone about our club or our city record it on a cd and get city to copy it and send it every season or blue card holder.

make city make a youtube channel just for city chants too

(just throwing my ideas into the hat)

Thats actually a pretty good idea!. Could get some ideas together on forums such as this and maybe get some recordings done of the ones people agree are the best ones. Im sure there is a way of doin it where just one person sings the chats/song and then they can edit it so it sounds like thousands are singin it so we can get a good idea of how it'll sound.

-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:34 pm --

danburge82 said:
BlueHalli said:
liamctid said:

They do a lot of that already.

Pick the right pub before an away game and you'll see twenty lads singing none stop and loads of others joining in...that's the Blue Alliance.

Which pub is this?? I go in Mary d's, Eastlands but havent been in Townly for a while but when I have been in there I havent heard any singin whatsoever.

Sorry, just seen 'away game'. Im not talkin about the atmos at away games. Im talkin about the atmos at our home ground.

BlueHalli said:
liamctid said:
BlueHalli said:

Hang on, you now think we're great? Not too long ago you were saying that people were unjustly speaking about us.

What's wrong with our current songs?

How do you envisage the Citizens obtaining a section in the ground where they can do all this "Ultra" stuff?

We have loads of lads dotted all around the ground. Why? Because we started as a group 7 years into the new ground. And people aren't going to just leave there seat because someone else wants to go there.

As I've previously said today it is not something that can be changed easily, because the problem with our support at the moment is that too many people aren't up for it throughout the ground. There was 37,000 City fans there last night.

What can you do when 34,000 only join in with Blue Moon once or twice because they're too anxious/want to watch the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.