Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think the advantage they have in Europe over us is the fact they have terracing. Once we have our own safe standing or whatever it ends up as (basically we need unreserved tickets) this sort of thing can really really take off.

Whether it ends up with 3000 of us going away in Europe and doing our own "Aris" or "Poznan" I'm still sceptical about as I don't think our "match attending" demographic is the same but who knows. No harm in trying

And although we have our differences currenty, from a BA and Citizens point of view, the one thing we definitely need to be getting behind "together" is the safe-standing campaign

GresleyChris said:
Personally I think the advantage they have in Europe over us is the fact they have terracing. Once we have our own safe standing or whatever it ends up as (basically we need unreserved tickets) this sort of thing can really really take off.

Whether it ends up with 3000 of us going away in Europe and doing our own "Aris" or "Poznan" I'm still sceptical about as I don't think our "match attending" demographic is the same but who knows. No harm in trying

And although we have our differences currenty, from a BA and Citizens point of view, the one thing we definitely need to be getting behind "together" is the safe-standing campaign
I agree. Villa are behind it, not just the fans, but the club as a whole. It has to happen, has to.

Waste of time lads. If on a night like tonight the hard core fans get intimidated into silence by a small travelling support, then you have no hope of getting anything off the ground

On a night like tonight you shpuldn't need organisation and surely all the would be Citizens were there in the crowd, and many in the Singing Section so what happened? What will change, and how?

Be a lot easier if the club just had unreserved seating in whichever level your in. that way the singers could all group together and others might turn up earlier to get a better seat so the team arent walking out to a half empty stadium as happens now. Wont happen but would be a quick fix to some of the issues

Marvin said:
Waste of time lads. If on a night like tonight the hard core fans get intimidated into silence by a small travelling support, then you have no hope of getting anything off the ground

On a night like tonight you shpuldn't need organisation and surely all the would be Citizens were there in the crowd, and many in the Singing Section so what happened? What will change, and how?
It can change but it'll take years not a few games.

danburge82 said:
Marvin said:

It can change but it'll take years not a few games.

This.

The Citizens are not about suddenly changing everything overnight what we are attempting to do will take years.

There are probably more singers scattered around the ground now than there are in the South Stand. Marvin already said in another thread people weren't singing in the South Stand. I was in 102 last season and maybe 20 or 30 people sang from what I could ascertain. I'm in 107 this season and the man and his lad next to me and one behind the man sing along with others across the block. Point being we have lots of singers, they just aren't together. The South Stand may be a fashion statement but it certainly isn't a real singing section. The only way I can see things changing is if the club works to bring the singers from each block together in a proper singing section. It's no good if 50 sing and 50 don't in a 'singing area' really, the 50 who don't will always detract from the potential atmosphere. I wish the Citizens well and may even join myself some day, but the true test for you is even if you grow to 100, 200, 500... getting yourselves together in the ground. The relocation window at the end of every season only really has scattered seats, no opportunity to forcibly bring yourselves together without club assistance that I can think of.

This singing effort got put in there place again ..... Champagne ideas , wine efforts .<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:08 am --<br /><br />Sorry I must edit .... Lemonade efforts

Dortmund were organised across the whole block, Ajax had most bouncing at the front in the middle. We are spread around. The long game is admirable, and experimenting at EDS games an innovation, but the invisible men would have been a better name... ;)

When eventually you get 4 or 5 rows in one block, TBA or Citizens combined, I reckon you could make a difference to atmosphere then. Ajax did the same tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.