city fanzines....

1_barry_conlon said:
rhinomcfc said:
is there any city fanzines still going?? i ain't seen out like that for a very long time.

i used to love the ''chips and gravy'' fanzine always made me laugh, last time i seen chips and gravy fanzine was maine rd.

bring it back

They only did a handful of 'chips and gravy' if memory serves me correctly.

However you'll find that a lot of contributors to them other bastions of the fanzine world 'Bert Trautmans helmet' and 'city til i cry' actually post on here, so your world is not at a loss.

Bert Trautmans Helmet it was the best City fanzine EVER !

mullsy said:
1_barry_conlon said:
They only did a handful of 'chips and gravy' if memory serves me correctly.

However you'll find that a lot of contributors to them other bastions of the fanzine world 'Bert Trautmans helmet' and 'city til i cry' actually post on here, so your world is not at a loss.

Bert Trautmans Helmet it was the best City fanzine EVER !

The fiver's in the post, mullsy!

1_barry_conlon said:
Soulboy said:
Ha! Ha!

Ah, memorable days indeed... happy but poor, eh?

You do know why they were christened the Dogpack, don't you... 'cos they followed the editor around like fucking lap dogs hanging on to his every word!

If only his kids listened as intently...!

;-)

I heard it was because they were like a pack of rottweilers and always on his back when a shit article appeared? Thus bringing the ego back down to earth of the pretentious editor,especially when he started drinking a Latte and eating olives instead of a 'proper' pre-match drink and and food....Though i may be wrong...?

I totally concur with what you say Barry & dont forget those little girlie biscuits the Ed used to have with his latte & even when he puts his hand in his pocket to buy a round he comes back with those little 3rd pint tasters .

mullsy said:
1_barry_conlon said:
I heard it was because they were like a pack of rottweilers and always on his back when a shit article appeared? Thus bringing the ego back down to earth of the pretentious editor,especially when he started drinking a Latte and eating olives instead of a 'proper' pre-match drink and and food....Though i may be wrong...?

I totally concur with what you say Barry & dont forget those little girlie biscuits the Ed used to have with his latte & even when he puts his hand in his pocket to buy a round he comes back with those little 3rd pint tasters .

I knew it was you!

You'd sell your mother for a fiver!

I wouldn't expect anthing less from a Dogpack member!

Was there not also a one off zine called Eclectric Blue for the "End of an Era" as well as the BTH special edition "End Of The Road" priced £3.00, and worth every penny just for the photo on page 18 on 03/03/34?

(indeed, if I hadnt spent so much on fanzines in them days I might still have been able to afford my season ticket lol)

law74 said:
Was there not also a one off zine called Eclectric Blue for the "End of an Era" as well as the BTH special edition "End Of The Road" priced £3.00, and worth every penny just for the photo on page 18 on 03/03/34?

(indeed, if I hadnt spent so much on fanzines in them days I might still have been able to afford my season ticket lol)

Yep, I did a one-off called Eclectic Bleu in the style of the early days. Anyway, here's the End Of The Road; you'd struggle to get a copy now though. It was a limited, numbered edition of 1,000:

eotr.jpg

BTH said:
Anyway, here's the End Of The Road; you'd struggle to get a copy now though. It was a limited, numbered edition of 1,000:

eotr.jpg

Not really, I am quite happy to sell mine for a ten year season ticket on row L East level 3 block 305 or 306 and one of those fancy apartments at the Waterfront like this one
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16742088.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 42088.html</a>

(I know I am selling it cheap but want a quick settlement)

ctidcarl said:
KOTK - was always a good read too. I've not read it for a while now, but Dave and Sue Wallace used to to a good job there - my stand out memory from KotK is the "Kendall Gone" double cover issue!!

Was that the one with my favourite ditty?

Kendall's gone,
That was that,
We don't bear grudges,
Bald scouse twat.

Still got the first 30 issues of KOTK in the loft

Chips 'n Gravy ceased publishing in the 2006/07 season. The problem was mainly due to not having enough bodies to stand about selling it. I was able to produce material (thanks to many contributors), but at the end of the day myself and one or two others stood by the ground just couldn't physically sell enough copies between us to make it viable.

It was great fun doing it though. And make quite a few new friends thanks to it. And thanks to all who enjoyed it.

It'd be good to see a relaunch of Chips 'n' Gravy....... When it was at its full pelt we weren't in the same world as what we are now.... Is Mike contributing to any other Fanzine's at the moment does anyone know? Seen Les and Pat last season at Wolves but not seen them for a while since leaving Manchester.

kippaxcarlos said:
Chips 'n Gravy ceased publishing in the 2006/07 season. The problem was mainly due to not having enough bodies to stand about selling it. I was able to produce material (thanks to many contributors), but at the end of the day myself and one or two others stood by the ground just couldn't physically sell enough copies between us to make it viable.

It was great fun doing it though. And make quite a few new friends thanks to it. And thanks to all who enjoyed it.

It'd be good to see a relaunch of Chips 'n' Gravy....... When it was at its full pelt we weren't in the same world as what we are now.... Is Mike contributing to any other Fanzine's at the moment does anyone know? Seen Les and Pat last season at Wolves but not seen them for a while since leaving Manchester.

Not convinced they couldn't sell enough between them; they had a few while there were only usually two of us!

Anyway, I see Pat and Les most weeks; Pat maybe on here. I think Mike's moved abroad, although I can't remember where.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.