City player reported to police(Kolorov)

What a pathetic scenario.

It is impossible for this to be a 'racist' incident.

'Serb' and 'Albanian' are not races.

If anything it might be a Public Order offence, but definitely not racist.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Does it actually say what he has been reported for.

If he has called someone a **** then fuck all they can do really.

However if there is a racist undertone.He is fucked
Name me the undertone.

You mean like if I was racist enough to call a Welshman "a Welsh ****"?

That is my point. Racism has been diluted and lost all credibility as a term.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:57 pm --<br /><br />
moomba said:
jma said:
I am passing comment on their bizarre action. The more relevant question is why does such an action occur in the first place.

However, judging by your attempt to skew the focus, I presume that you either think it is a good thing or have indulged in it yourself in the past. In which case, you could perhaps explain why it is something to be encouraged and not a massively egotistical and out of place act?

I've not brought a flag to a football game, and think it's neither a good thing or a bad thing.

But I imagine someone coming from overseas might like to watch the game one day and see themselves in the crowd, or show family/friends where they were. They might be doing it to identify themselves with a player. They might just do it because they like to show people that a supporter from their country is there supporting the team. Maybe it might lead to meeting other people from that country, or who have visited that country.

Struggling to see what the problem is really.
No I am with JMA on this one.

SWP's back said:

Name me the undertone.

That is my point. Racism has been diluted and lost all credibility as a term.

SWP-I am not disagreeing with you however the law (however silly it can be and yes it is an arse at times) is there for a reason. It may have been diluted over time but I hope Kolarov has not done whatever he is alledged to have done as it is just more negative publicity which we don't really need.

-- Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:57 pm --

moomba said:
jma said:
I am passing comment on their bizarre action. The more relevant question is why does such an action occur in the first place.

However, judging by your attempt to skew the focus, I presume that you either think it is a good thing or have indulged in it yourself in the past. In which case, you could perhaps explain why it is something to be encouraged and not a massively egotistical and out of place act?

I've not brought a flag to a football game, and think it's neither a good thing or a bad thing.

But I imagine someone coming from overseas might like to watch the game one day and see themselves in the crowd, or show family/friends where they were. They might be doing it to identify themselves with a player. They might just do it because they like to show people that a supporter from their country is there supporting the team. Maybe it might lead to meeting other people from that country, or who have visited that country.

mancitygaz said:
mancity1 said:
mancitygaz said:

LAND MASS / COUNTRY.
Which in the end comes down to what?
Wars are always about someone wanting something someone else has got. Sometimes religion or a political stance are stamped on the front cover but its always about the haves and have nots.

kun said:

How can there be? they are both the same race (Albanian is not a race)

You are splitting hairs mate. You can commit a "hate" crime by calling someone about race,religion,sexual orientation etc etc.
If he is guilty then he should be punished.

Wasn't long ago we were all laughing at Suarez for getting his 8 game ban. The double standards of some city fans are laughable just because he plays for us (well he didn't really play today,he was back to his normal shite self).

Suarez was banned for making racist comments, no double standards at all.
What's laughable about City fans?

SWP's back said:

Name me the undertone.

That is my point. Racism has been diluted and lost all credibility as a term.

-- Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:57 pm --

moomba said:
jma said:

Agree

and

agree.

Barcon said:
kun said:
How can there be? they are both the same race (Albanian is not a race)

You are splitting hairs mate. You can commit a "hate" crime by calling someone about race,religion,sexual orientation etc etc.
If he is guilty then he should be punished.

Wasn't long ago we were all laughing at Suarez for getting his 8 game ban. The double standards of some city fans are laughable just because he plays for us (well he didn't really play today,he was back to his normal shite self).

Suarez was banned for making racist comments, no double standards at all.
What's laughable about City fans?

Nothing . All I am saying is that if olarov has called someone an Albanian **** (alledgedly) then he will have the book thrown at him. Don't defend the undefendable. It's the law even if we don't agree with it (and i dont)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.