City v Ajax pre-match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELL SAID DODGE MCFC, i hope we progress in champions league, but if it doesn't happen then progress into the europa league please, i love european football and anything which can improve our status as regards which pot we go in for next seasons tournament has got to be welcome

northstander said:
WELL SAID DODGE MCFC, i hope we progress in champions league, but if it doesn't happen then progress into the europa league please, i love european football and anything which can improve our status as regards which pot we go in for next seasons tournament has got to be welcome
I agree, would give alot of young players a chance as well.

If we'd had to play two Europa League semi finals last April, I very much doubt that we would now be champions.

Sounds like Milner's hamstring injury is slight as Mancini says he has a 10% chance to play. Also suggests Maicon is just short of fitness now. May not help for Ajax away, but good to know these players wont be out for long

Ajax news from uefa.com

Frank de Boer, coach
All the teams in this group want to be playing Champions League football after the winter break. But, of course, Manchester City want to get nine points from their remaining matches. We will try to get a result here. We are not going to throw it all open but it is not in our nature to play defensively. We want to show how we play at Ajax, whether we are at home or away.

City have a lot of quality. They have four terrific defenders and two defensive midfielders in front of these defenders. And the strikers have a lot of quality, although they will definitely miss David Silva. But they will still have some big names on the pitch.

I said before the game against Manchester City in Amsterdam that if we play our own game we can make it very difficult for anybody. We really have to believe. I want to see players that play bravely. Maybe it makes you a quality player if you play your best games under the highest pressure, and hopefully a lot of players will do that tomorrow.

Weekend result
Saturday: Ajax 0-2 Vitesse (Bony 38 46)
Vermeer; Van Rhijn, Alderweireld, Denswil, Blind; De Jong, Poulsen (Fischer 57), Schøne; Sana (Boerrigter 65), Eriksen, Babel.

• Vitesse condemned Ajax to their first defeat in 25 Eredivisie matches. They had won 18 games and drawn six since a 2-0 home loss to FC Utrecht on 5 February.

Team news
Niklas Moisander, suspended against Vitesse, was replaced by league debutant Stefano Denswil. Nicolai Boilesen (hamstring), Kolbeinn Sigthórsson (shoulder), Thulani Serero (groin), Davy Klaassen (groin) and Jody Lukoki (knee) are all sidelined.

Twente has a 10 points lead on Ajax and Twente's manager is Steve McCLaren.

If we cant beat Ajax tomorrow I wonder what would McClaren's team do to us.

We better win it.

should we use this game to get a song about Guidetti going?

just signed a new deal, hes nearing full fitness, is being interviewed in city square tomorrow night before the game and i featuring in the next episode in the '#ASK' series.

he hates ajax and is a legend of their rivals, couldn't get a better time to give him a song

Hopefully there'll be some pent up frustration to be turned on Ajax and a 3 nil win, forza mancini!

mansour's tow ropes said:
should we use this game to get a song about Guidetti going?

just signed a new deal, hes nearing full fitness, is being interviewed in city square tomorrow night before the game and i featuring in the next episode in the '#ASK' series.

he hates ajax and is a legend of their rivals, couldn't get a better time to give him a song

Since his nickname is Super John Guidetti, a good simple one would be Super Super John, Super John Guidetti (to the same tune as "Who put the ball in United's net..."). Good idea though, hopefully we'll have plenty of chances to sing it in future.

Press sticking the knife in

"Divided City just a bunch of egos"

"Mancini all the rage as strain takes its toll"

"Not good enough" Etc Etc

Good motivation to prove these idiots wrong again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.