City Vs Arsenal Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Arsenal Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

bluebannana said:
K-Bo said:
Think Nastasic should start, incredible performance considering age and debut against Real etc... Real talent and I think Mancini has been gunning for a replacement for Lescott forever. Its why he signed Savic, and why he's signed Nastasic IMO. Don't know if its fair, but at the same time Nastasic could be a 15 year signing, and he looks ready to go now.

Why's everyone dropping Tevez LOL. Been our most consistent player this season, and you all were doing this before the Real game and before the Stoke game. Not gonna happen, nor should it happen (Although I guess he could be rested)

I think Arsenal are going to come for us badly, but I don't trust our team not to concede at the moment, and their defence is looking good, so will be a tough game, and a big one for both teams. If they win, they're officially title contenders, and if we win, we're finally stamping our authority on this season, something we need to do sharpish.

your gonna replace lescott, who has been one of our best players over the last two years, for nastasic whos played once and is now apperantly better than him ????????????????????????????

Not about who's better now, I think if we invest in Nastasic by giving him game time when he's rough around the edges a little but good enough to not be a weakness and hold his own (did just play a whole season in Serie A though, so hardly coming out of the EDS) it'll pay off later. Lescott is better now, yes, but he's also 30, and not suited to the kind of game Mancini wants to play. I think Nasty has the potential to a world class defender in a couple of years time.

Mancini doesn't trust Lescott in europe (away games against Bayern and Real he's been dropped for now) and I think having a regular centre back pairing is the most important thing, whoever it is.

Shay Given did nothing wrong for City, not ever. But when it came to choosing between him and Joe Hart it wasn't even a choice because Hart offered us 15 years. I think its the same with Nastasic/Lescott now tbh. Lescott's been a great signing though, not saying he's anything else but we've got a kid with great potential so lets play him.

The type of game we are capable of bouncing back in. We have got to improve defensively, but we can still test Arsenal's improving defence ourselves.

Didn't we have this fixture last year when we got knocked of the group stage of the Champions League?

We bounced back then, only this time a few more goals would be nice!

Arsenal are due a thumping from us, out of the top 4 teams it is always Arsrnal that give us the hardest game though.

pee dubya said:
Dzeko to start for me, although the Arsenal defence have really improved so far this season, any space behind Mertesacker and Edin will find it.

Tevez also, i'd play him slightly deeper, on Arteta. He's turned into one of their most influencial players.

I'd actually probably play Kolarov, not sure if Mannone would be able to cope with his free-kicks and corners.

I'd definitely play Silva as well, i don't think they have the midfield to be able to contain him.

-- Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:58 pm --

1sntr4.jpg

I prepared this Plan, it's available for purshase should the club wish to for a modest sum, but i feel this would almost certainly lead to a 3-0 victory. Probably mainly penalties.

Are you Harry Redknapp in disguise?

Train said:
pee dubya said:
Dzeko to start for me, although the Arsenal defence have really improved so far this season, any space behind Mertesacker and Edin will find it.

Tevez also, i'd play him slightly deeper, on Arteta. He's turned into one of their most influencial players.

I'd actually probably play Kolarov, not sure if Mannone would be able to cope with his free-kicks and corners.

I'd definitely play Silva as well, i don't think they have the midfield to be able to contain him.

1sntr4.jpg

I prepared this Plan, it's available for purshase should the club wish to for a modest sum, but i feel this would almost certainly lead to a 3-0 victory. Probably mainly penalties.

Eh, that picture contains not only complex tactics and considerable draftsmanship, it's also been converted into internet. All things clearly outwith Mr Redknapp's skill set.

Re: Arsenal Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

K-Bo said:
Mancini doesn't trust Lescott in europe (away games against Bayern and Real he's been dropped for now)...
...and what happened? Oh yes, we conceded five goals and lost both games. Bring back Lescott, at least until he loses form, which he hasn't done yet.

pee dubya said:
Train said:
pee dubya said:

1sntr4.jpg

Eh, that picture contains not only complex tactics and considerable draftsmanship, it's also been converted into internet. All things clearly outwith Mr Redknapp's skill set.

Not sure if it's because im nearing the end of a 12 hour night shift but um in tears of laughter at this :D ... oh and it makes perfect sense too.

pee dubya said:

1sntr4.jpg

Absolutely fantastic, in fits of laughter at this. Is that the ref near the half way line???? LOL

Difficult game today Arsenal are not trying to walk the ball into the net this season and are more likely to score, as our defence is not quite on top form at the moment I think it will be a very nervous 2 - 2 draw. Hope I'm wrong as we could do with the 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.