City Vs Spurs Pre Match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
LedleyKing said:
spurspinter1 said:
If Sandro's fit I'd imagine he'll be partnered with Parker in the middle, Lennon on the right, Modric Left, with Bale floating about the place with Defoe up top alone. Actually, terrible idea, VDV will be up for this...With our squad now I'm glad I'm not Harry. Sandro may be on the bench due to fitness reasons which would make our XI easier to pick for sure.

I would think about playing Sandro, if fit, and dropping Parker to the bench. I wasn't convinced on his last performance that Scotty is fully recovered from his injury. If Sandro is ready i'd be tempted to put him with Modric in the middle.

If your come and be solid as a team you have a better chance of getting a result, if it's the all out attacking spurs team I fancy us scoring 3 or 4 goals....

Yes would be nice if we started burying our chances again, not been clinical for ages now. I know Dzecko took the cherry off Sergios cake on Monday but I think those two have the making of a deadly partnership if given time

waspish said:
LedleyKing said:
spurspinter1 said:
If Sandro's fit I'd imagine he'll be partnered with Parker in the middle, Lennon on the right, Modric Left, with Bale floating about the place with Defoe up top alone. Actually, terrible idea, VDV will be up for this...With our squad now I'm glad I'm not Harry. Sandro may be on the bench due to fitness reasons which would make our XI easier to pick for sure.

I would think about playing Sandro, if fit, and dropping Parker to the bench. I wasn't convinced on his last performance that Scotty is fully recovered from his injury. If Sandro is ready i'd be tempted to put him with Modric in the middle.

If your come and be solid as a team you have a better chance of getting a result, if it's the all out attacking spurs team I fancy us scoring 3 or 4 goals....

Perhaps, but I like our chances best if we play to our strengths. That means Lennon and Bale out wide. If King is fit that further reinforces the defensive part of the side, making the need for both Parker and Sandro not as apparent. We can be "solid as a team" with the following lineup:

-------------Friedel---------------
-Walker--Kaboul-King--AssouEkotto-
-Lennon-Modric-Sandro/Parker-Bale-
-----------van der Vaart-----------
--------------Defoe---------------

LedleyKing said:
waspish said:
LedleyKing said:

Perhaps, but I like our chances best if we play to our strengths. That means Lennon and Bale out wide. If King is fit that further reinforces the defensive part of the side, making the need for both Parker and Sandro not as apparent. We can be "solid as a team" with the following lineup:

Quality team that and your last two times out our place you've been the better team + we are missing two of our best players so looking forward to the game should be a cracker and I feel it'll be a open game as well

waspish said:
LedleyKing said:
waspish said:

Quality team that and your last two times out our place you've been the better team + we are missing two of our best players so looking forward to the game should be a cracker and I feel it'll be a open game as well

Agreed, certainly shaping up to be a good one. I worry about our side without Ade, but if we can't take points without him then our title chances go from very slim to none. Just hope that Howard Webb has a good game. Would hate to see any of his decisions having a serious impact on the outcome.

LedleyKing said:
waspish said:
LedleyKing said:

Agreed, certainly shaping up to be a good one. I worry about our side without Ade, but if we can't take points without him then our title chances go from very slim to none. Just hope that Howard Webb has a good game. Would hate to see any of his decisions having a serious impact on the outcome.

Think Web is one of these refs that unless it's absolutely blatant Penalty or a bad tackle he doesn't give it especially in big games, I'm happy with Web as the ref hopefully he wont be blowing his whistle for everything and anything though let the game flow I say and it'll be a cracker

I remember Parker having a hard time pinning Silva down last season when we played West Ham away, so if Barry & Milner can kick ass and chew bubblegum in midfield it'll give Silva plenty of room find Aguero & Dzeko (Assuming they partner eachother, which is how I would go). I think De Jong should be ahead of Nasri for the protection as width from the full backs will as always be crucial.

No Adebayor for them, can't see VDV having the best of afternoons. Will be tight but I think they'll find it harder than they think when the game gets going.

Nasri, Balotelli & AJ as impact players if we're chasing the game.

-----------------Hart
Richards---Savic--Lescott---Clichy
---------------De Jong
-----Milner-----Silva-----Barry
-----------Aguero--Dzeko

2-0
Aguero, Dzeko

I'd imagine Spurs will start 4-4-1-1. So my starting 11 would be -

Hart
Richards-Savic-Lescott-Clichy
DeJong
Nasri-Milner-Barry-Silva
Dzeko

DeJong can nulify RVV leaving Savic and Lescott to control Defoe. Richards/Nasri and Clichy/Silva will have to work in tandem down the flanks defending and attacking covering each other when either breaks forward.
I think Tottenham will come and look to counter attack. So whilst being the home side we have to still make sure we are solid defensively first and then look to score when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.