Clattenberg Bottled It

How many games does Skirtel get away with tugging on opponents shirts inside the penalty area? both at the Etihad and yesterday he was blatantly pulling Kompany back but no official spots it.

andypandy said:
As others have said not sending Suarez off for his dying swan act was a real lack of bottle.

When it was announced he would be the ref I thought there was bound to be controversary afterwards.

Just out of interest, which ref do you think is the best at the moment?

Mike Dean by a country mile.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Thought the foul on silva by Johnson was the clearest pen.

It was Flanagan and I agree but it happened very quickly and in tight space in the box giving Mr. Clattenberg the excuse of being unsighted.

Agueroisablue said:
andypandy said:
As others have said not sending Suarez off for his dying swan act was a real lack of bottle.

When it was announced he would be the ref I thought there was bound to be controversary afterwards.

Absolutely, as you say by a mile. He makes mistakes as everyone does but he doesn't dish out cards like a lunatic but he doesn't shit out of big decisions when they have to be made. If he'd reffed yesterday things could have been very different. Same for the derby the other week, felaini would have gone and we'd probably have absolutely shat on them. Clattenburg has always been a disgrace imo and the little twat we had at old trafford just shat his knickers all match.

Thank god I'm 6000 miles away, with enough distractions ( heat, mosquitoes, 4 year old) to avoid it ruining my holiday, I'd actually resigned myself to a loss as soon as I saw Clattenberg was the ref, what was galling was losing out at such a late juncture, and knowing that the ref had a major hand in it AGAIN, we were never going to get an easy decision, on such an "occasion" not with the depth of feeling, momentum, history , not to mention "death" involved.
I have no issues with losing, it's being cheated out of the chance of a fair game, is it not enough that they have the infamous 12th man in the "Kop"? Without Clattenberg chipping in ?
In previous games, we've had Vinny sent off for winning the ball, but rugby tackles in the box, and swan dives are what? OK?
So be it, yes, wouldn't it be fitting if Liverpool won the title for the 96? Some kind of cathartic release, I was half expecting Clattenberg to join in the mass celebrations at the end, so brainwashed he seemed to be into , either consciously, or subconsciously easing Liverpool's ascent to the title, a refereeing Walter Raliegh !

silvaspass said:
How many games does Skirtel get away with tugging on opponents shirts inside the penalty area? both at the Etihad and yesterday he was blatantly pulling Kompany back but no official spots it.

He pretty much had Fernandinho in a head lock and was all over Vinnie. I remember him doing the same at home, Vin still managing to score however.

Agueroisablue said:
andypandy said:

Totally agree. Dean is like a sub human machine but he gets most of the big decisions right and he doesn't bow to pressure.

wolfie1988 said:
Is that tackle on Silva a penalty? Just watched the highlights and missed that at the game.

Clear penalty, said it at the time, another big decision he bottled. Whether or not we played poorly for the first 25 minutes we should have been awarded 3 pens and Suarez should have been off. It was a cowards performance from Clattenburg. I suppose when you read that Mrs Clattenburg is best buddies with Mrs Gerrard it does make you wonder.

Once Scudamore had come out with his comments about Ushited struggling being bad for the premier league it was inevitable that the only way to save the cash cow was for the next biggest brand in Asia to be successful.

Now maybe i'm being a tad paranoid, but the amount of decisions they've had since these comments is making me think i'm not.

Since these comments we've had them getting dodgy penalties, penalties not given against them and a plethora of other decisions that seem to be against the norm.

Yesterday was a fucking joke, Suarez should have walked and we should have arguably had 2 pens.

And why was he reffing them again so soon after the rag game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.