Clattenberg Bottled It

LoveCity said:
Where is the scrutiny and outrage over his decisions on Fleet Street and at Sky HQ? I've seen Graham Poll's weekly article but little else in the media. There have been days of outrage and scrutiny whenever City have had a decision this season, especially after the Arsenal game.

What did Poll have to say about Clattenburg's performance?

Lancet Fluke said:
LoveCity said:
Where is the scrutiny and outrage over his decisions on Fleet Street and at Sky HQ? I've seen Graham Poll's weekly article but little else in the media. There have been days of outrage and scrutiny whenever City have had a decision this season, especially after the Arsenal game.

The headline called him 'Superb Clattenberg' then Poll wrote a long lists of mistakes he made. Case of headline not matching content. He basically said Clattenberg robbed City.

LoveCity said:
Lancet Fluke said:
LoveCity said:

The headline called him 'Superb Clattenberg' then Poll wrote a long lists of mistakes he made. Case of headline not matching content. He basically said Clattenberg robbed City.
Yeah but Poll thinks 1+1+1=2

greasedupdeafguy said:
Meh you win some and you lose some. Liverpool had a perfectly good goal disallowed at our place and so did Arsenal.

the difference is that the one at the Etihad was either one thing or the other, the officials just got it wrong, a mistake

however the one re suarez at anfield was either a foul or a dive, yet Clattenberg basically contrived to give neither, amazing

BringBackSwales said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Meh you win some and you lose some. Liverpool had a perfectly good goal disallowed at our place and so did Arsenal.

the difference is that the one at the Etihad was either one thing or the other, the officials just got it wrong, a mistake

however the one re suarez at anfield was either a foul or a dive, yet Clattenberg basically contrived to give neither, amazing

No guarantee that Sterling would have scored anyway..

squirtyflower said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
i beg to differ
exactly which goal did Liverpool score that was incorrectly flagged offside?
My post was wrong they didn't have a goal disallowed but a one on one which was wrongly called offside

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTIIj4AXB6Q[/youtube]

greasedupdeafguy said:
squirtyflower said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
i beg to differ
exactly which goal did Liverpool score that was incorrectly flagged offside?
My post was wrong they didn't have a goal disallowed but a one on one which was wrongly called offside

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTIIj4AXB6Q[/youtube]

One big decision going against you is one thing, three or four in the same match is a fucking piss take.

Liverpool did score 5 minutes later though, so it didn't alter the course of the match the way some of Clattenberg's non-decisions would have.

And Skrtel was at his shirt-pulling worst in the home game, unpunished.

I don't think things 'evened out' at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.