Clattenberg Bottled It

de niro said:
tonea2003 said:
de niro said:
do you think the English game is immune to the same problems elsewhere? not a chance. its actually a bigger market.
it WILL all come out one day. too many times people leave grounds scratching their heads.

like i say if that's what you really believe then why are you throwing your hard earned money into a corrupt sport

also who exactly is passing the "brown paper bag" to clattenburg to either not let city win or ensure liverpool win??

its way beyond brown paper bags.

I go to the games as a social event, especially away games. and the hope that they could'nt afford to bend our game that week. sometimes they do just that.

its a sad way for you to look at our game like that, but then how do explain newcastles non goal, sterling's miles onside offside, silva miles offside last week

lasereyes said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
In the second half we had a foot on their throat, but were unable to supply the killer blow. An unfit Aguero lacking match practice couldn't supply a simple pass to allow Silva a tap in.

We were the Masters of our own downfall.

The defending for the third goal could be turned into a Carry On film it was that ludicrous.

Khaldoon stated a couple of years ago that "Typical City" didn't exist anymore.

It's raised it's head at least three times this season.

Ridiculous comment on Aguero. He beat a player and made a very good run, resisted the temptation to shoot himself, and his pass was probably 6 inches away from perfect.

I actually thought he should have shot... he maybe would have scored

I'm With Stupid said:
The ref can always cover himself by saying he didn't think it was a dive. You don't have to have dived to fall over in a game of football, after all. The MOTD punditry was embarrassing. I've seen bias on TV before, but nothing like that.

On a side note, if I hear one more pundit or commentator pointing to "contact" as evidence that someone was fouled, I'm gonna punch them in the face (or at least imagine punching them in the face). The rules say that you're not allowed to trip someone, not that you're not allowed to make contact with them. If someone falls over from contact that wouldn't actually make them fall over, then it's a dive, plain and simple.

Dzeko against Southampton, perhaps?

people are missing the point here, he made a call that it was no foul, thus suarez simulated with his theatrical swan dive to try and get a foul

that is a cautionable offence which he refused to carry out as knew it would be a second yellow and a red

forget the rest about kompany this hart that, shit happens

meher said:
Match was lost not because of him!! it was because of Hart and Kompany.

You're right the match was not lost because of Clattenberg.

What was lost was our ability to play a game in accordance with the rules. Suarez should have been given a yellow card for his dive. It was a dive plain and simple, we all know it, Clattenberg knew it. He bottled the decision.

Who knows what would have happened? They were still 2-0 up, remember, and they might have put 10 men behind the ball and clung on for a win. But we should have been given the chance to find out.

We weren't given that chance because Clattenberg knew what the laws of the game required him to do but he still didn't do it.

The penalties you can argue about till the cows come home, but there is no excuse whatsoever for not applying the laws of the game when it is clear what should happen.

de niro said:
tonea2003 said:
de niro said:
do you think the English game is immune to the same problems elsewhere? not a chance. its actually a bigger market.
it WILL all come out one day. too many times people leave grounds scratching their heads.

like i say if that's what you really believe then why are you throwing your hard earned money into a corrupt sport

also who exactly is passing the "brown paper bag" to clattenburg to either not let city win or ensure liverpool win??

its way beyond brown paper bags.

I go to the games as a social event, especially away games. and the hope that they could'nt afford to bend our game that week. sometimes they do just that.

\Oh dear. Go and have a lie down ffs.

r.soleofsalford said:
meher said:

Hart really, Kompany had to be helped of the pitch in training the day before. A lesser man wouldnt of played.

Dont get me wrong.. i am a huge Kompany fan!
But his mistake for the third goal was not because of any injury.. he just had to clear the ball, And we was not under any pressure.. it was just one simple kick!

About Hart! His positioning was totally wrong for the first goal.
Honestly speaking, i have lost confidence in him... he is making too many mistake.. too many!!
You might not agree with me.. but i feel he is playing only because he is british!!<br /><br />-- 14 Apr 2014, 15:38 --<br /><br />
Chris in London said:
meher said:

You're right the match was not lost because of Clattenberg.

What was lost was our ability to play a game in accordance with the rules. Suarez should have been given a yellow card for his dive. It was a dive plain and simple, we all know it, Clattenberg knew it. He bottled the decision.

Who knows what would have happened? They were still 2-0 up, remember, and they might have put 10 men behind the ball and clung on for a win. But we should have been given the chance to find out.

We weren't given that chance because Clattenberg knew what the laws of the game required him to do but he still didn't do it.

The penalties you can argue about till the cows come home, but there is no excuse whatsoever for not applying the laws of the game when it is clear what should happen.

Clattenberg made mistakes.. i agree with that!!

But none of their goals were because of his mistakes. The first goal was Harts fault, second a set piece, third Kompanys.
We made some huge mistakes in a game which is so important.

Image if the first and third goals (our major mistakes) were avoided, i dont think any body would be talking about the ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.