Club Badge (merged)

CuJPUVV.jpg

This ?

Perfect. Instantly recognisable. Simple & traditional design. No need to waste money on some marketing company who will spend weeks tinkering. I do understand peoples scepticism regarding the red rose but its symbolic with England. We aim to be the champions of England every year and as such its representative of our City and country when travelling to opposing European grounds.

Judging off the replies on City's official instagram account I'm beginning to think it may have been a mistake opening the consultation to all 'Cityzens' members and not just season ticket holders. For many of our 'newer' fans the eagle badge is all they know and do not wish for any changes to be made.

I totally agree. I think the badge says a lot about us as a club and a new badge which demonstrates our links to the City and our history may not be recognised by fans from a far who have no real understanding of Manchester. We may well end up with 10's of millions of people with no real understanding of our history deciding on what the badge should be.

That's the point. New fans will see it & ask about it.

No one decides what football team to support by chosing the best badge anyway so it's doesn't matter if the rest of the world don't know why there is a ship on our badge.
We don't know why there is a shit bird and 3 stars on our badge now but no one went and supported someone else.

You are right nobody does know, but, at the risk of causing a rumpus, the rags badge, whilst abhorent does exactly what it says on the tin. It is simple and unfussy. They have Manchester United because they want the world to identify them with Manchester. They have a daft devil because that is their instantly recognisable identity (albeit nicked from Salford RLFC) and thy even have a couple of footballs and ship on there. It is uncluttered and instantly recognisable, not unlike our eagle, daft stars or not.

My only wish is that the eagle stays a part of the design, as it's all I've ever really known and it's unique.

Bin the stars, make the badge circular and give it a new design, and we're all good IMO.

Judging off the replies on City's official instagram account I'm beginning to think it may have been a mistake opening the consultation to all 'Cityzens' members and not just season ticket holders. For many of our 'newer' fans the eagle badge is all they know and do not wish for any changes to be made.

According to Mike Keegan's Mail report, the majority of ~Cityzens~ are season ticket holders.

Lol stop panicking fella, you don't need a Instagram account to be a "Cityzen"

What is a cityZen anyway? when you meditate in a city? :D

As long as the badge has the Maltese Cross, The Ship, and 3 lines which would represent the 3 rivers (not the family coat of arms) I'm happy...

How NYCFC did their badge consultation was they went with a Twitter campaign, were everyone tweeted their own designs.
The club's consultants looked at those entries then went with an online voting system with a few designs to choose from.

** The problem was that even though I ain't from New York I was able to partake in the voting system **

So if going off NYCFC's procedure we will have a shitload of indonesian sad rag bastards voting on this :(

I think that's just because we haven't seen the options yet. The old badges do look incredibly dated, espeically to the younger audience, but we aren't going to just use the old ones, it will be an updated, modernised version, and when the kids see that they'll like them.

I'm not too worried to be honest. It's going to be round, it's going to have the shield, the ship and the 3 stripes on it and say MCFC or Manchester City FC. Given that design brief, it's going to be hard for any competent designer to fuck up too badly.

Lol stop panicking fella, you don't need a Instagram account to be a "Cityzen"

What is a cityZen anyway? when you meditate in a city? :D

As long as the badge has the Maltese Cross, The Ship, and 3 lines which would represent the 3 rivers (not the family coat of arms) I'm happy...

How NYCFC did their badge consultation was they went with a Twitter campaign, were everyone tweeted their own designs.
The club's consultants looked at those entries then went with an online voting system with a few designs to choose from.

** The problem was that even though I ain't from New York I was able to partake in the voting system **

So if going off NYCFC's procedure we will have a shitload of indonesian sad rag bastards voting on this :(

But as the club has clearly explained, we aren't going off that procedure so why the fuck are you worrying about it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.