Corners

dobobobo said:
shemnel said:
imo, corners don't really mean anything; as long as you're not conceding too many. But as for winning and scoring corners, they dont have a lot of say on a season compared to many things.

I was happy to see Barcelona playing corners short and then back to the half way line to regroup and attack. It's what i've being saying City should do most of the season now, we should give it a go for the final third. Goals come from open play and the odd free kick.

57414d1405306494-so-wife-just-asked-me-something-crazy-what_meme.jpg
glad i wasnt only one that thought that after reading it

welsh_andy said:
dobobobo said:
shemnel said:
imo, corners don't really mean anything; as long as you're not conceding too many. But as for winning and scoring corners, they dont have a lot of say on a season compared to many things.

I was happy to see Barcelona playing corners short and then back to the half way line to regroup and attack. It's what i've being saying City should do most of the season now, we should give it a go for the final third. Goals come from open play and the odd free kick.

57414d1405306494-so-wife-just-asked-me-something-crazy-what_meme.jpg

corners have very little bearing on your season. that's what im saying.

BenLlewellyn said:
shemnel said:
welsh_andy said:

1-0 vs the rags in 2012, did that game have very little bearing?

nope, but youve picked a single example. im just saying, in the grand scheme of things, they have little bearing.

shemnel said:
BenLlewellyn said:
shemnel said:

nope, but youve picked a single example. im just saying, in the grand scheme of things, they have little bearing.

1-2 against QPR with a few minutes to go?

dobobobo said:
shemnel said:
BenLlewellyn said:

1-2 against QPR with a few minutes to go?

Ben Watson's winner against us in last minute at Wembley 2013?

leave cup comps out of it, they can end on a goal, long term competition, ie a season, is what im talking about.

there's statistical evidence which i wont bore you with that says the winning of corners is nowhere near as influential on your points total than, say, shots. the more the ball is in open play, the more likely you are to score.

yes, you have raised some goals from corners, they do happen but they are more likely from open play. i say get the ball back to the half way line and start again. this season shows we dont need corners pumped in and we're challenging for the title!

shemnel said:
leave cup comps out of it, they can end on a goal, long term competition, ie a season, is what im talking about.

there's statistical evidence which i wont bore you with that says the winning of corners is nowhere near as influential on your points total than, say, shots. the more the ball is in open play, the more likely you are to score.

yes, you have raised some goals from corners, they do happen but they are more likely from open play. i say get the ball back to the half way line and start again. this season shows we dont need corners pumped in and we're challenging for the title!

Kolarov

shemnel said:

If we could take a corner properly we would be romping the league... Chelsea score for fun off them, terry, Cahill, ivanovich etc, liverpool with skertel, even the rags the other week with smallings first touch... Etc etc...

Corners make a huge difference, not many teams regularly score from them in our league as whole though.

We'd find it much easier if we could at least work the keeper from one of our 10 corners each game (Surely it's around that)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.