Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those England hospital deaths should have this thread in shock.

But no comments?

I am horrified.

1012 in England in hospital alone.

Utterly tragic

We will have a giant number of deaths today - maybe over 1500.

Have we become so desensitised to the lives ended by the virus?

Or how we have got to this point?
Commenting on a post doesn’t bring those people back. We’re not desensitised. There have been people on here today talking about donating plasma, taking part in antibody trials, even just completing the Zoe app every day. All proactive things people can do to help. I’m on a vaccine trial, so is my daughter. I’m booked to give blood next week. I’m taking part in the virus watch antibody testing. These are all things people can do to pay tribute to those who have died.

Yep, hope you've had it asymptotically and are immune. My mate and colleague had his done at an NHS facility on Plymouth Grove, I was sure he'd had it as he had similar symptoms to me but not quite as severe. He was confirmed as having antibodies and is donating plasma for the second time next week, it's a lengthy process, about 3 hours, take your blood, extract the plasma then put your blood back, I can't do because of the medication I take but it's a great cause. Good luck.
I go to Plymouth Grove. Each donation takes about 45 mins max.

Horrible figures today in England alone never mind the UK. NHS staff are suffering from PTSD and turning to the drink bless em.
I know I had been trying to get that across in here for the past half hour! We seem to be getting too desensitised and this worst ever number today ought to be kicking people up the bum.

Why are people saying the Wales figures are bad?

100,000+ is >3% of the population - I think the UK figure is ~4%. Doesn't seem so different? Do i have something wrong?
Because the proportion of the population in Wales receiving a vaccination has been consistently lower than for the other three countries and (a few days ago at least) it was falling further behind.

I know I had been trying to get that across in here for the past half hour! We seem to be getting too desensitised and this worst ever number today ought to be kicking people up the bum.

Not sure what more you want people to say or do. It's awful, beyond awful, everyone on here agrees and is isolating and doing there bit.

But no comments?

I am horrified.

Utterly tragic

The truth is, and I mean this in the nicest and most complimentary way, you have brought us to this point. Those of us who avidly follow your daily figures and have done for many months already know where the figures are going. Can we really be shocked by something we have known is coming for days if not weeks? It is utterly appalling and devastatingly sad but the amazing job you do on here on a daily basis means that we can't be shocked. It isn't a surprise, these deaths have not suddenly sprung up from nowhere.

But no comments?

I am horrified.

Utterly tragic

Terrible but as you say people becoming ambivalent and desensitised from it, it's probably on a par with Irish fatalities during the troubles in the 60's and 70's where we just accepted it as part of life, or even Vietnam where it was obviously worse. It hits home when you know someone who has passed with this horrible virus.

As an aside you info is a constant accurate source reminding everyone of the dangers, I really think you help the "keep safe" issue with these updates.

The truth is, and I mean this in the nicest and most complimentary way, you have brought us to this point. Those of us who avidly follow your daily figures and have done for many months already know where the figures are going. Can we really be shocked by something we have known is coming for days if not weeks? It is utterly appalling and devastatingly sad but the amazing job you do on here on a daily basis means that we can't be shocked. It isn't a surprise, these deaths have not suddenly sprung up from nowhere.
This post has nailed it @Healdplace most of us on here hopefully haven't got our heads in the sand and with your breakdowns/input it was sadly always going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.