Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's the delayed impact of this thing that gets me, people seemingly recovering but like ARS it's this latent period where people seemingly start recovering and seem fine and then are just completely fucked out of nowhere and in intensive care or sadly die. Just find it more psychologically difficult I guess than someone just being really ill straight up and recovering once. They really need to figure that part out.

WATCH AREAS

CHESHIRE EAST

Did a lot better than Stockport today Andy!

Cases 175 - lowest this side of Christmas. Down from 188.

Total 15, 266

Pop score up 46 to 3974.

Weekly Pop down 19 to 417.

I might be wrong but I wonder if those places close to the Cheshire border which was in tier 2 when Stockport was in 3 are showing the biggest increases as people hopped over the border before lockdown.

WARCH AREAS

KENT

DARTFORD

Cases 129 - same as yesterday

Total 8111

Pop score up 115 to 7203

Weekly Pop down 60 to 1026.

MEDWAY

Cases 254 - up from 237

Total 21, 554

Pop score up 91 to 7738, At least less than Stockport today!

Weekly Pop down 78 to 801. Lowest since I started tracking it I think.

I might be wrong but I wonder if those places close to the Cheshire border which was in tier 2 when Stockport was in 3 are showing the biggest increases as people hopped over the border before lockdown.

As I predicted in here before it happened would happen did happen. Especially on Merseyside. Merseyside themselves are saying it now too. But were not then just delighted to be in a lower tier as a 'reward'.

We had lots of talk about this happening and in Cheshire too and it was part of why Andyhinch asked me to track Cheshire East daily.

It cuts both ways as Hancock himself specifically said about Stockport in December when explaining why he had decided not to exclude Stockport from Tier 3. He said people would just travel across the GM boroughs and as we said at the time totally missed you can travel in two ways across the border and he completely ignored the Stockport/Cheshire one.

People in here were openly discussing going to Cheshire East to do things they could not in GM but osmosis works which ever way suits the current situation.

If you look back over the weeks at the posts for Andyhinch that I have been doing nightly since before Christmas they actually chart the story one by one and I mentioned now and then why it was probably going to happen and then happening in that borough.

And now they are high it just flows the other way. That is why tiers simply export the virus not ring fence it.

Cheshire East got revenge on Stockport today mind you. As I also noted above.

The fact it WAS so predictable (and why I call the tiers sieves in here a few times) is why the concept should have been binned but we are told we will exit lockdown into tiers all over again.

Last edited:
With the talk of Private Members clubs in London flying their members out to UAE/ Dubai/India for vaccinations for 40 grand a pop

When do you think footballers/sportspeople will start doing it

GM Highlights at half time.

Actually a pretty good day apart from that total disaster for Stockport.

Highest numbers in a very long while there and one of the highest ever - up 95 on yesterday to 293.

The rest of GM mostly down. Oldham sub 100 again.

Stockport 111 ABOVE Wigan today takes some explaining.

The Pop Score it creates (100) is the highest gap to every other borough in one day I can recall seeing. Usually when we get numbers like that everyone is high.

Not today. The GM total actually went down by 68 thanks to everyone else.

However, the rest of the NW had better days too and so GM as a percentage of the NW total went UP to 29%.

But if Stockport had even just had the cases it had yesterday GM would have fallen again. The entire GM increase in numbers and percentage are pretty well all Stockport's fault.

Hopefully, just a one off quirk of the numbers or Stopfordians may need to hibernate!
As a stopforian I would gladly hibernate. Unfortunately I work in early years and we are fully open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.