Coronavirus (2022) thread

Yeah, glad the vaccine has stopped the spread so well. Also pretty sure he would masked up etc.
The ignorance is getting annoying now.

Vaccines aren’t designed to stop spread, they are there to significantly reduce serious illness and deaths but they do also reduce spread. They reduced the spread of Delta by about 30%, which over a population the size of ours means a lot more capacity in the NHS and a lot less deaths.

It's like a vegan working in an abattoir, his vaccine refusal stance just doesn't make any sense given his role.

Can't imagine he's popular amongst his colleagues.
I saw someone elsewhere call him a fireman doused in petrol.

Cheers mate, round with her dad at weekend. He is 86 and last 4 weeks first time ever on his own in his life. Lived with his mum and dad until he got married just over 40 years ago. Been tough few months. We have helped them sell their house (family home of 40 years), buy a retirement flat with onsite warden. Then she fell and taken into hospital and told us never be home again. Partner n myself spent last few weeks looking round local care homes then covid broke on ward so couldn't visit her and we knew she wouldn't move for while now she's tested positive. My girlfriend has filled in forms for power of attorney for both mother and father but not gone through yet. I kind of feel hopeless as my partner doing everything on her own (brother in States and sister in Australia)
It’s really tough when one sibling gets left to look after a remaining parent, as well as the Lasting Power of Attorney ensure there’s a will, the LPA ceases when a person dies. Care home fees are anything from 3k upwards per month. You need to talk money if it’s an issue.

On the emotional side, it’s tough looking after older relatives, sounds like you’re a good SIL, with the support and help you are providing but don’t fall into the trap (which I have) of doing too much as it sounds like your partner is going to be either visiting or looking after two parents at two different locations

Have a listen to this from Jeremy Vine yesterday, it’s about 1 hour 5 minutes in, tells you all you need to know, good luck.

this guy is fully qualified, he is far more knowledgeable than you and is treating covid patients and saving lives - he is not some crack pot loon that is normally associated with the anti vax mob.
Just so you’re aware, being a fully qualified doctor doesn’t make him an expert on vaccines and immunology. It also doesn’t preclude him from being an anti-vax loon (see Dr Bellend that started the whole anti vax/autism movement).

My double vaxxed and boosted wife has it and has been miserable for four days so far. I'm so glad she's had the shots because if it was worse she'd be in the hospital. She's moved into a spare bedroom and I've set her up with everything she needs. I have the finished basement to myself and we wear masks in common areas. I'm hoping her symptoms subside this weekend because having it in your house really sucks.

My double vaxxed and boosted wife has it and has been miserable for four days so far. I'm so glad she's had the shots because if it was worse she'd be in the hospital. She's moved into a spare bedroom and I've set her up with everything she needs. I have the finished basement to myself and we wear masks in common areas. I'm hoping her symptoms subside this weekend because having it in your house really sucks.

Hope she makes a quick and full recovery mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.