Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Messi to Kane and now Ronaldo - Feel like a kid on Fifa!

I'd love to see Ronaldo upfront - His conversion rate is ridiculous and we create a ton of chances - Should be a match made in heaven

Also sets up a fairy tale narrative 'last dance for Ronaldo and Pep in the champions league'

The elephant in the room is why isnt he re-signing for the Rags ? He is loved by their support and your not telling me they cant muster £25/50m together , this will be a Sanchez deal all over again untl August 31st , when the Rags will match our offer Ronaldo will get a heroes welcome returning home , remember the Rags will spend any amount of money to try and outgun us , £500k a week for Sanchez the prime example.
If it's an ego thing on his part, he wants another CL/PL. Messi will believe he can do it with PSG in terms of the CL. Rags are nowhere near a CL shot.

The elephant in the room is why isnt he re-signing for the Rags ? He is loved by their support and your not telling me they cant muster £25/50m together , this will be a Sanchez deal all over again untl August 31st , when the Rags will match our offer Ronaldo will get a heroes welcome returning home , remember the Rags will spend any amount of money to try and outgun us , £500k a week for Sanchez the prime example.
Maybe I'm deluding myself but I get the feeling they've silently tried and been rejected. I'm not convinced Ronaldo will trust Solskjaer after what he had to experience with Pirlo.

Surely he wants better project and better manager than that Ole guy?

It's now 12 years since Ronaldo left the swamp to move to a bigger club so past associations don't bother me over much but it's true that he hasn't really changed and certain of his personality traits are just as off putting as ever. But I believe he got 40 odd goals in 31 league matches last season and that suggests that even at 36 he still has a great deal to offer on the football front. As for short term, medium term and long term it seems to me that 2 years is actually medium term in football since the talk is always of refreshing a squad to move into the third year. In City's case the Ronaldo deal - if there's any truth in what it may be - would leave us with sufficient to "go big" next summer. That's just my opinion and I suspect it doesn't count for much even to me. So, I'll trust Pep and those at City, as I always do. They won't do anything rash and they won't do anything daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.