Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said pep wouldn't want him, not that he doesn't think he's a great player. I don't think he's Peps type of player. Also my post was a light hearted comment don't take bluemoon so seriously.
interested why you think he isn't peps type of player, He has a winning mentality, he is a
consummate professional, he looks after himself and hates losing...he has a massive ego...the best at their game in sport often do

I could be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but Bernardo announced he was in a new relationship in the middle of 2020, then that summer he asked to leave, and obviously still wants out a year later. My guess is he is madly in love, she hates UK life and he has decided to move for her. So Spain, Italy, I don’t think it matters too much as long as the lifestyle suits them as a couple. Could be wrong though but it adds up to me.
And to be fair to them who wouldn’t want to move to Spain or Italy.

Why don't we simply pay the fee..it's €25M and we can sell Bernardo to ac Milan on loan with obligation to buy. Don't understand city's obsession here with not paying the transfer fee and swap deal
I think because firstly, we’re not all that fussed about signing him, so it has to be very attractive to us. And secondly, Juve ideally need him off the wage bill and it would still be saving them a considerable amount of money even if he left for free.

I don’t think it will happen because City don’t seem to be 100% convinced on it. It’s down to Mendes/Juve to make it impossible to refuse and I don’t think they will.

Last edited:
That tweet reeks of rag fear, is he fuck finished. Joint top scorer in the euros, still scored shitloads for Juve last season. Even one season with us would be fine, gives us that figurehead up front we don't currently have.
Still think it's a really difficult move to complete in such a short space of time though
I was only posting it for the dimarzio interview.

Whether we agree with it or not, the club have been very principled about this sort of thing. I suspect:

1) It's good business practice on a financial front to be consistent.
2) Overpaying on one player could lead to a knock on effect where we are forced to overpay for another.

Who knows, maybe it's just posturing from City, although I doubt that's the case.
I agree but are we really overpaying here? If he actually reduces his salary by 50% then I think paying €25M shouldn't be a problem.

That tweet reeks of rag fear, is he fuck finished. Joint top scorer in the euros, still scored shitloads for Juve last season. Even one season with us would be fine, gives us that figurehead up front we don't currently have.
Still think it's a really difficult move to complete in such a short space of time though
Messi took 3 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.